Co-op cancelled due to supplier complaint - please read!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I've purchased and used a large number of Royal Smokers CE2's and was one of their customers who recommended these to many other people. But refusing to honor selling a volume purchase that Royal Smokers advertises is just not right. Of course they were going to be resold. What did the mystery vendor think? Isn't that what he does?

In the case the vendor wants our business so he can sell the product at an inflated price and gouge us for our dollars. To me this sounds more like price fixing.

I have a pretty good idea of who the vendor is because this isn't the first time they've done this and they won't be getting any of my business. But Royal Smokers won't get any more of my business either.

And I'm making very sure all my friends know about this too,

TT said everything that I am thinking! I could not agree more with his statements! No more CE2s for me!

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
This situation stinks, but I wouldn't boycott a retailer that sells RS.

Nobody us suggesting this Caddyman. A few of us think we know who the vendor is that created the problem by getting Royal Smokes to halt the sale. They have done this before. Its just that one vendor who won't be getting our business, and since the vendor is remaining unnamed it shouldn't bother anyone.

But nobody is suggesting boycotting all suppliers who sell Royal Smokes products.

warbdan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
I'm not surprised. I've seen interactions with the guy from RoyalSmokers(can't remember his name) being a total ... hat to someone else ASKING if they could purchase ONE giantomizer to see if they liked it. The guy running RoyalSmokers is a ......... and lurks around this forum to see what everyone is saying about his cartos and what they are doing with them. Look how fast he started building clearomizers after people started posting their syringe mods. Once people started building tanks he started building giantomizers. FWIW, I won't buy any more of his POS ce2's because I've yet to have one live over 2 days without tasting burnt or popping. Royalsmokers out right SUCKS.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I have had some time to think about this and have slept on it and any way I look at it, it wasn't a very smart move by the manufacturer or supplier/suppliers. Coops are done to help the vaping family as a whole. Those that want to try a product at a much lower cost, can, and if they find they love the product, they can then find a reputable supplier and purchase more, if they don't love the product, then they arn't out a bunch of money and can move on. I know that I, personally, would rather be involved in a coop to find out if I really like the product first, then find me a reputable supplier to keep purchasing from, but like I said, that is MY opinion and MY personal preference. It is also MY opinion that Microcig was in the wrong. Here is why...they are the only maker of the CE2's and they know that there wholesalers have no where else to go and purchase these, therefor they would not lose business because of this, because the suppliers do not want to take a product "off of there shelves", that in MY opinion, is a very good seller. Will I stop purchasing CE2's? Nope! I have found something that works for me and I'm not about to start all over just because there were wrong doings, and yes, the wrong doings suck big time, but I really enjoy using my CE2's to much to let something like this ruin it for me and a product I personally love. I'm disappointed in Microcig and I am disappointed in the supplier/suppliers that made such a complaint about the coop. I can't personally do anything about it but I am very disappointed non-the-less. We are a family of vapers, we are all here to reach a goal and that is to stop smoking. Suppliers should already know this, that is why they are suppliers and it's disgusting to know that just because of a supplier/suppliers this was shut down. I'm sorry this happened but maybe because of this thread, suppliers will see that it really could help them, more than harm them.

Last edited:

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Snap...that sucks. As someone that has followed the CE2 since their inception, nothing surprises me. Many good points are raised here. I'm currently vaping my syringe mods and like them but look at my signature; soon I won't need these at all.

With that being said, I'll surely keep some on hand when a smaller form factor is wanted. As 'banjo' said, it's a matter of time before someone replicates these..

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I agree, Bella Chic. I was just telling another member that it may have actually helped the suppliers that sell CE2s. If a member got some through a coop and liked them, they would have to buy more through a supplier. It is not like coops are available every day.

Exactly salemgold, exactly.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I understand how you feel jj2, but what if the CE2 is perfect for them and will really help them for the better? Honestly, would you want someone to keep something from you because of some rediculous happenings? I know I wouldn't...especially if it ment me loving them and getting me off the smokes for good. You just gotta think about it from all points. Trust me, I'm as upset about all this as anyone else. But I also gotta think about the fact that I still have friends that smoke more than they vape and these CE2's have been the best thing for them and they have now cut way back on smoking because of them. Just my opinions of course :)

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I understand where your coming from jj2. Everyone makes mistakes, both the supplier/suppliers and the manufacturer made big mistakes in my opinion. I know that I, myself, make tons of mistakes. I'm only human after all. I'm just here to help people find what might work for them and to get them off the death sticks and lead them to a healthier life. There are so many people learning about vaping, every single day, and that to me is awesome. I just want to help them if I can, whether I succeed or fail...as long as I tried, that's all that matters in the long run.

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
After reading through this thread and going to the websites in question and reading their TOS all I can say is that this is not good business practice.

Both sites claim to sell wholesale but niether site requires a wholesale license. It is infered that wholesale is bulk order. E-liquid.cn states that - "E-cig bulk website online". No where on their websites do they state that a wholesalers license is required to buy in bulk.

A company cannot control a buyers actions after a product is sold. For instance, I bulk purchase a lot of my jewelry findings from China. If I and/or friends purchase 1,000 clasps for 2 cents a piece and then turn around and sell them for 5 cents a piece, that's my business, not the company I bought from.

In regards to MicroCig and RoyalSmokers, if I buy 300 clearomizers from them and decide that I don't like them, who are they to stop me from selling them off? It's called "FREE ENTERPRISE".

A bulk order is just that - a bulk order. It doesn't matter whether there are 20 people involved or just 1.

To Mr. Martinez, MicroCig, Royalsmokers, E-liquid.cn or whomever, you do realize that you could have had a few thousand dollars in sales, but now, you have nothing?

You do realize, that it is the consumer whom ultimately decides your fate - not the e-cig companies?

That if we consumers don't like a product a company is selling, said company will not be buying your product because they can't sell it. Which means, you and the company are losing money as well as customers.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I think all that needs to be done is re do the Co Op after reading this and buy in another name and communicate through PM or Email instead of by a thread, there are ways around this as well as not letting this one supplier know what is going on, again, communicate through PM or email and buy under another name, then the deal could be had, that's a pretty jive move made by this one supplier to hurt everyone's pocket and to be so selfish that they did this theres plenty to go round. It's just time to outsmart the smart ... in my eyes and it's easily done to get around this supplier, time to play some hardball that's all as well as boycott the supplier that did this.!!!!

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Problem isn't the manufacturer (Microcig), its the greedy suppliers all over this forum. They OEM rebrand all of these products from china, tell you there is something different or special about them, and you all buy them. So many threads about how this and this unit is so incredible, and all someone did was order 1k of them from china and sell them to you and call them "fluxomizers" or "volcanos" or "tornados". Just hit Alibab for a few hours, and email the manufacturers yourself. There are TONS of them and you don't have to order 1k units to get a great price.

Yes, there are a few special pieces out there: like the CE2s and the giantomizers. Guess what, I have 3 different suppliers in china, that will buy the CE2R4s, tack a small fee on top, and mail it with my order from them. I talked to them about the problem of ordering from 15 different places in china, and a few were more then happy to help. Yah, they are made by microcig, but thats not who I bought them from. You can see for yourself who is cheaper. A company in china reselling microcig stuff to you or a ECF forum supplier.

The few companies all of yall are doin co-ops with are not by any means the cheapest or the best out there. These manufacturers in china are there to make money, and yes, they make more when you buy what they manufacture. Some care about QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE, and will chat with you on yahoo for hours, to get you to purchase from them.

Do a little more research on your co-ops. Refuse to buy from the re-sellers here in the states. Spread the word, and as the re-sellers die, the manufacturers will be more then willing to visit with you vs waiting for days for an email response or some crappy refusal to sell.

The power is in the buyers hands, not the resellers. Don't allow them to rebrand stuff and jack the prices through the roof. God bless the internet and alibaba, where you can find out how much a car is really worth, and how much a CE2R4 or Ego really costs.

k9frog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
sullivan co. ny
all i can say to royal smoke products i will not be buying any of your products, now or in the future,were is the harm in doing this co-op,your going to lose a buck ,well now your going to lose a lot of bucks because people will read what has happened here and some will stop buying your products, some will not but i for one will not be buying your products,theres no way of knowing who shot there trap off ,but as was said in other post ,now i will look to see if the vendor sells royal, if they do i will not purchase there, theres way to many stores to purchase products, this is a low blow to the freedoms of the ecig vapor

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
Why can we not know who the supplier is that stopped this co-op ? I as a consumer want to know...I'll be damned if my hard earned money goes to this greedy PIG !! Shoot me a PM if ya dont want to do it here,just want to know for sure who it was.

I wont tell anyone who told me but I WILL spread the word about the supplier.

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
I find this interesting because it appears that the manufacturer doesn't have things set up like many companies do in the US. Here, they go from a manufacturer to a distributor then to a retailer then to the customer. The distributor gets the bulk price (lowest), the retailer gets the wholesale price from the distributor, then the customer gets the retail price from the store.

That way the manufacturer is only dealing with their chosen distributors. And, the distributors have a long list of retailers that purchase the products...and then resell to the public. The distributors are the ones who purchase different products from many different manufacturers, giving a huge selection to the retailer. The retailer can go to one or two (or more) different distributors versus 50+ manufacturers to stock their shelves.

Only huge retailers like WalMart make direct agreements with and purchases from the manufacturers. In fact, they have agreements with the manufacturers to market products exclusively for them (with their own label). Smaller resellers/retailers have to go through the distributor. They never have contact with the manufacturer itself.

I'd think that for a group to try to co-op with a manufacturer, they'd have to be large enough, and have enough repeat business to make it worthwhile for the manufacturer to even talk to them. Manufacturers make things in bulk...and sell in bulk, and usually only to a company with a contract/agreement for repeat purchases over a period of time. That's why energy co-ops work...it's consistent repeat business. Same goes for food (veggies/fruits) over the summer.

I'd think that a distributor could sell to a co-op at wholesale prices (since that's what they charge their retailers), but that's the step that's missing in all this. The distributor. Oh, and here in the US, you have to have a FED Tax ID # for them to sell to you. Which is another thing missing....

We have a small pet supplies business and we purchase at wholesale prices from our distributor. To purchase everything from the separate manufacturers would be a huge PITA. We only use two distributors to purchase our products from. But to purchase from them, we have to have a Federal Tax ID #. Don't know how co-ops work around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread