Status
Not open for further replies.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
No apology needed to me John. I just encourage folks even when I don't expect to be heard ;)

Very gracious of you to say, but I did feel it necessary. Glad to see that the apology seems to be accepted.

By the way, how are things in Bovinia? I've heard wonderful things about the place, and visiting there is on my "bucket list". I hope it's true that the rivers really do flow with cream, and that the hay grows ten feet high. Sounds like heaven on earth. :)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Lastly, I heard from Buzz today, and at the ten day mark, his mailbox remains unvisited by a charred Buzz Pro.

Of course it does, you can't receive anything that hasn't been shipped........ Now TC is trying to figure out how to char one so he'll have something to actually send in...... I still call bull.... where bull.... needs to be called......

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Of course it does, you can't receive anything that hasn't been shipped........ Now TC is trying to figure out how to char one so he'll have something to actually send in...... I still call bull.... where bull.... needs to be called......

I'll cautiously continue my venturing onto thin ice by noting that I said the same thing in this (redacted) email to Buzz, in reply to his news that he had not yet received anything:

"In the ******** ******** event that you get "something" in the mail, please let me know. And I say "something", because a[n] ********** ******* individual could fake an incident like this and send you one of your products that he had doctored to look as if it had been in a battery accident, but this *********** ***** isn't even ****** ****** to do that I truly do not think".

===> IF <=== we are dealing with someone who is intent on deceiving, it could end up being difficult or impossible to ever determine the truth of the matter. All the more possible need to look at ALL the evidence (or complete lack thereof), including applying logic and reason to testimony provided, to see if it passes that most time-honored and useful tool in all of jurisprudence, the "sniff test".

The truth cannot be disproved, and a falsehood cannot be proven. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Given the near-complete lack of evidence coupled and the extraordinary nature of the claim, and with Occam's Razor thrown in for good measure, I do believe I hear the sound of ice crystals forming beneath my feet.

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Hey let's have a little faith in our fellow man. I certainly did until last Sunday night when I lent my truck to a fellow who needed to move some things for his business. He just didn't notice the stopped garbage truck at 6:30 in the morning.

2 injured in trash truck, pickup crash in King of Prussia | Video | 6abc.com

Now that's evidence of damage.

Oh, that'll buff out. If not, I can definitely fix it. My Dad has an ultimate set of tools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5cneCgNA9U (Gotta love Jeff Spiccoli)

OK, jokes out of the way, I hope like hell your friend (and passenger?) will fully recover! That was a bad one. Good on you for lending someone a nice truck like that, and yes, let's do our best to keep faith in our fellow man - within reason.

That's one of the best pet pictures ever, by the way. I have a dog and a cat too, and they are best buddies. And my dog hates cats. All other ones, anyway.

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
OT, of course. It's really weird, but I picked that picture off the web. The reason I used it because a number of years ago, my dog and cat looked identical to the two in the picture and they would curl up that way. The only way I knew it wasn't them was what he is laying on. My cat died last year and my golden is now definitely in his golden years.

I never met the driver. He was the friend of a friend and used the windshield to stop his head. He's doing better as the stitches are starting to heal.

Last edited:

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I would like to send my sincerest sympathies to the man in Colorado.

I agree with what I suspect is an unspoken sentiment accompanying those words of condolence, and that is that we are doing Mr. Philip Hahn a disservice, and seeming to show a lack of appreciation for the very real and very terrible thing that did happen to him, by involving ourselves in an unfortunate side issue injected into this discussion. A forgiveable sin, as all are "sins", but still a glaring token of disrespect to Mr. Hahn.

.... has anyone heard any feedback as to how the guy in Colorado is doing? Sure hope he recovers....

No I have not, and would like very much to know that as well, and obviously share your sentiments that his life has not been too severely or permanently impacted. That said, I've heard some very dire things, including that he has lost his sight. Is that last part known to be correct?

I spent about half an hour last night looking for any word of how he is doing, and found very little. All I could find is what this thread has probably already covered; that he was in the hospital for eight days, and suffered burns to his face, eyes, and other parts of his body. I do not know anything about the extent of his recovery from his injuries, or even whether or not he has lost his sight. If anyone has any information, I would really like to hear it.

If Mr. Hahn ever reads this thread, I hope he can understand and forgive why we have allowed so much attention to be drawn away from him, his unfortunate accident, and how to best prevent it from happening to others.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
4-27-12:
Buzz pro in the mail to buzzkill. Hopefully we get some test results next week.

5-10-12:
gryllus_cricket_sing.gif

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My take on this thread is that those who read it will feel obligated to learn something about batteries and how to choose and use them. It wouldn't be a bad idea to condense the best of battery safety information and make it a required read before continuing on in the ECF forum.

Stickies are good, but some folks will just click past them and not read them. I would like to see a "Battery tip of the day" popup that appears at login. A short piece of valuable information with a "click here for more info" option would be invaluable for educating our users.

I also think that vendors would be wise to provide information about which types of batteries are the safest to use in their mods. Buying batteries on sale with the highest mah rating isn't necessarily the best move. Some users think "if it fits it will work" and others use a spacer to make flat top batteries work in a mod that needs a battery with a button, just because it was cheap and powerful.

Last edited:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
My take on this thread is that those who read it will feel obligated to learn something about batteries and how to choose and use them. It wouldn't be a bad idea to condense the best of battery safety information and make it a required read before continuing on in the ECF forum.

Stickies are good, but some folks will just click past them and not read them. I would like to see a "Battery tip of the day" popup that appears at login. A short piece of valuable information with a "click here for more info" option would be invaluable for educating our users.

I also think that vendors would be wise to provide information about which types of batteries are the safest to use in their mods. Buying batteries on sale with the highest mah rating isn't necessarily the best move. Some users think "if it fits it will work" and others use a spacer to make flat top batteries work in a mod that needs a battery with a button, just because it was cheap and powerful.

Your sentiment spawned this thread...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/campaigning-discussions/290014-vape-responsibly-campaign.html

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Buzz pro in the mail to buzzkill. Hopefully we get some test results next week.

Let's see, that was post #760 in this thread back on Apr 27th, one week short of a month ago and this thread is slowly being forgotten. If the Buzz Pro was produced by a conglomerate corporation we'd assume the Buzz arrived, was found defective and either silence was paid for, one way or the other.

However, I suggest the silence on this issue is more of the situation of a non-event.

Still nothing more on the fellow that this thread was OP'd about. You'd like to hear he's doing okay. Didn't someone post that he or she was a friend? The thread is too long to search.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Let's see, that was post #760 in this thread back on Apr 27th, one week short of a month ago and this thread is slowly being forgotten. If the Buzz Pro was produced by a conglomerate corporation we'd assume the Buzz arrived, was found defective and either silence was paid for, one way or the other.

However, I suggest the silence on this issue is more of the situation of a non-event.

Still nothing more on the fellow that this thread was OP'd about. You'd like to hear he's doing okay. Didn't someone post that he or she was a friend? The thread is too long to search.

Remember Occam's Razor, the law of parsimony, economy or succinctness. It is a principle urging one to select among competing hypotheses that which makes the fewest assumptions and thereby offers the simplest explanation of the effect.

The simplest explanation requiring the fewest assumptions kicks the tantalizing, dramatic, absurd notion that NotCigs paid for Thundercat's silence off the table. What's left is the same that was obvious from the outset: Thundercat was a troll in the most classic sense, got his rocks off on the controversy he stirred up—then moved on to his next scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread