fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
The New Old West Pahrump Nevada
How thick is the wood?

Veneer?

Regards jxmiller,

These boxes are milled from solid stock, 4 and 5 quarter in the rough (wood talk) then milled to spec.

Note the cover, and its mono-caulk design...

through and through is another way to say it I guess?

Solid stock...no veneers

The wood is thick enough to be drilled and tapped for the switch threads...

I'm so proud--- LOL

Thanks for asking
Best Regards
fo

DSC05160-thickness.jpg

Last edited:

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Drew how is this gonna work for ordering? are we going to have to order first pre order or you plan on having it in stock? Please make sure the Nhaler customers get theirs first. i keep checking the forum many times a day i dont want to miss it. Drew i want an alert sent to my bb the moment you put these on the site lol. Im laughing but im serious.
beautiful wood just gorgeous.
Billy G

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Just say when and the money will be there! What on earth am I going to do with all these mods I buy! I just can't control myself. And we all thought that smoking was addictive???

Drew, I noticed that the battery in the picture is an AW 18650 2600mAh battery. I believe those are flat top not button top. Will either work or should we be buying the flat top batts?

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
The New Old West Pahrump Nevada
Regards Pete,

I'm using an AW 18650 flat top in my personal unit as I write this, and yes it works a treat...

I used to build and use 5v.mods with a single AW 14500/750mah. and that TI booster, but now that I have this unit I've rediscovered 3.7v vaping---it may be the big 2600 mah? or maybe the 20 gage solid copper wiring, or that sweet 1,000,000 click rated 2 amp. switch, but I tell you 3.7v is now really doing it for me...

what a nice surprise...

the flat tops are a definite go...

Best Regards
fo

Hey Drew---crossposted...

the flat tops are longer---so they both will work

Last edited:

jxmiller

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Regards jxmiller,
These boxes are milled from solid stock, 4 and 5 quarter in the rough (wood talk) then milled to spec.
Note the cover, and its mono-caulk design...
through and through is another way to say it I guess?
Solid stock...no veneers
The wood is thick enough to be drilled and tapped for the switch threads...
I'm so proud--- LOL
Thanks for asking
Best Regards
fo

You should look into some stuff like this. May make it much cheaper and easier to produce.

Link
This is just a quick find. I am certain better woods, and deals could be had.

On another note, I posted recently about aquiring large dowel rods (3" diameter can be found) and drilling holes. Could be the simplest way of making a wooden based battery holder and does not seem like it would be difficult.

Teach your children well.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Pete how many people roughly go to the florida vapors meet? are they mostly from this forum or al over? BTW how many Mods you have 10 you said? and it keeps on growing . i just have he Xhaler and hopefully this new one from Drew but i am wanting to pick up a few more that interest me maybe. I really like the small ones as i mostly doi 3.7 and 5v tops. live in Seminole btw not far at all from you. Happy Vaping.
Cos

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Lol @ Pete!

Hey Cos... You're RIGHT there.... why not join us. We've had I'm guessing 8-10 folks max at the meets but would LOVE to see more join, we've been begging for folks! Some are from this forum and other forums as well. Check out the Florida section here or florida vapers club dot com for meet details.

Meeting by the Sunshine Skyway this Saturday... Lots of mods to oogle ;) Hope you can make it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread