Status
Not open for further replies.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Good morning. 7:50 Ortho appointment then off to the Rat race. Have a great day all.

013015.gif

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
OMG. I had forgotten how horrid it is to set up a new computer. Ack. Where's my stuff? :facepalm:

The other one I hate is when the first solution to a problem is "clear your cache". :glare: Yeah, bite me. Then my computer remembers nothing, and I have to actually type everything in again. :lol:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good "morning" Posse!

I would say its been busy, but that wouldnt be accurate. I think. Ive had a lot to do, but I havent been able to get any real work accomplished. Oh well.

The whole North American Division had a "Kick off 2015 Super Bowl Spirit Day" today. So I got to drive down to the city corp offices to partake in a potluck. I ate WAY too much food and have to convince myself to go to the gym to try to work some of it back off. Mrs E made a massive vat of homemade salsa for it. Not many people ate it, but I dont think she'll be too upset. She wanted me to bring some back home so she could have some. Now Im back in the office, overly full, and dont feel like working... :facepalm:

Mrs E is on the way here right now. As soon as its time for me to leave, we're going to drive about 10 minutes down the road and get to the property manager office so we can sign all the paperwork to rent our house. Oh joy. We're still going to be able to get the keys Sunday. That means as long as the weather holds out, I can start moving at least one or two truck loads of carp after Kat's practice and while Mrs E is at work. If the weather isnt all that good, it will actually leave me more time to move stuff, because Kat wont be going to practice. No matter what we do, Im going to be really freakin' busy this weekend.

OMG. I had forgotten how horrid it is to set up a new computer. Ack. Where's my stuff? :facepalm:
You couldve had it done for free! Just sell the huts and pick up and move down here! Commercial space is available for fairly cheap in this area, too!

(I make it sound so easy, dont I?:D )

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
I have been having way too much fun with our water heater. Hot water for half a shower then cold. Did a little reading and find out that usually means the lower element is toast. Went to Lowes and picked up a set of thermostats and two elements, just in case. Drained the tank and replaced the lower element. It was toast and a real sob to break loose. Put it all back together and waited a couple of hours and took a shower. First half was fine then shivers. Went back down to the basement and removed and replaced both thermostats. Sure they tell you any manufactures thermostats with work but they don't tell you they might have a small difference in layout. It is fun trying to get heavy gauge wires to move to slightly new locations. Oh, the little temp setting use to say 90, 125, 150. The new one says A, B ,C. So we picked B since the old one we had set at 125. Get everything back together and let it cook for a while. Measured the smoking water at the tap and it was 140! Mrs Punkin did a load of laundry since it mixes cold well water for a warm setting after I went back down and changed both the top and bottom to the letter A instead of B. Later I check the temp at the tap and it is 102. I scratched my bald head and wonder, did I fix the original problem or do I have to change the top element that I probably should have done before. Nah, I went back down and changed the setting to half way between A and B. Crossing fingers that it will work. :)

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
I do not envy you. Moving is about as much fun as divorce...
Good "morning" Posse!

I would say its been busy, but that wouldnt be accurate. I think. Ive had a lot to do, but I havent been able to get any real work accomplished. Oh well.

The whole North American Division had a "Kick off 2015 Super Bowl Spirit Day" today. So I got to drive down to the city corp offices to partake in a potluck. I ate WAY too much food and have to convince myself to go to the gym to try to work some of it back off. Mrs E made a massive vat of homemade salsa for it. Not many people ate it, but I dont think she'll be too upset. She wanted me to bring some back home so she could have some. Now Im back in the office, overly full, and dont feel like working... :facepalm:

Mrs E is on the way here right now. As soon as its time for me to leave, we're going to drive about 10 minutes down the road and get to the property manager office so we can sign all the paperwork to rent our house. Oh joy. We're still going to be able to get the keys Sunday. That means as long as the weather holds out, I can start moving at least one or two truck loads of carp after Kat's practice and while Mrs E is at work. If the weather isnt all that good, it will actually leave me more time to move stuff, because Kat wont be going to practice. No matter what we do, Im going to be really freakin' busy this weekend.

You couldve had it done for free! Just sell the huts and pick up and move down here! Commercial space is available for fairly cheap in this area, too!

(I make it sound so easy, dont I?:D )

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Lordy that made me tired....I don't envy your day or FV's computer problems or the miserable weekend that James is going to have.

I have been having way too much funvy your n with our water heater. Hot water for half a shower then cold. Did a little reading and find out that usually means the lower element is toast. Went to Lowes and picked up a set of thermostats and two elements, just in case. Drained the tank and replaced the lower element. It was toast and a real sob to break loose. Put it all back together and waited a couple of hours and took a shower. First half was fine then shivers. Went back down to the basement and removed and replaced both thermostats. Sure they tell you any manufactures thermostats with work but they don't tell you they might have a small difference in layout. It is fun trying to get heavy gauge wires to move to slightly new locations. Oh, the little temp setting use to say 90, 125, 150. The new one says A, B ,C. So we picked B since the old one we had set at 125. Get everything back together and let it cook for a while. Measured the smoking water at the tap and it was 140! Mrs Punkin did a load of laundry since it mixes cold well water for a warm setting after I went back down and changed both the top and bottom to the letter A instead of B. Later I check the temp at the tap and it is 102. I scratched my bald head and wonder, did I fix the original problem or do I have to change the top element that I probably should have done before. Nah, I went back down and changed the setting to half way between A and B. Crossing fingers that it will work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread