Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
I hate moving much more than I hate computers and water heaters. You have my sympathy James.

And just because this made me think of Victor the Terrible, who ate a newspaper today:
rYGRcuhm.jpg

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Good afternoon. It's been a busy couple of days.

I spent most of yesterday with Granny. She seemed to be doing good yesterday. She was getting around well and even wanted to go to the grocery store. I took her and she rode in the little scooter thingy while I pushed the cart. I got all of her bills paid and some paperwork organized for her. Overall it was a productive day. She wants me to order her a couple more pv's. She saw my istick and wants one of those. She wants me to find another kind too but no clue what to get besides that. Any ideas in the $30 or so range?

This morning I went to BJ's and Walmart for groceries. Didn't do too bad. Spent way less than I thought I would. I use lots of coupons at BJ's and my sister informed me that if I go through self checkout then I can use two coupons for the same item. I've been doing that and saved about $25 on stuff today.

Morgan's having a friend over later. That should keep her occupied for the day.

I just joined Weight Watchers this morning. Again.

SP, sorry to hear about JLO. Hugs to you both.

James, I don't envy you at all. Moving sucks. We did it a lot when we first got married. Hubby was in the Air Force and even though we pretty much stayed at the same base we moved a few times. It was nice to finally get base housing.

Hope that the water heater doesn't give you any more problems, Punkin.

I hope I didn't forget something.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Good to hear your Granny's feeling good enough to go to the store...
Good afternoon. It's been a busy couple of days.

I spent most of yesterday with Granny. She seemed to be doing good yesterday. She was getting around well and even wanted to go to the grocery store. I took her and she rode in the little scooter thingy while I pushed the cart. I got all of her bills paid and some paperwork organized for her. Overall it was a productive day. She wants me to order her a couple more pv's. She saw my istick and wants one of those. She wants me to find another kind too but no clue what to get besides that. Any ideas in the $30 or so range?

This morning I went to BJ's and Walmart for groceries. Didn't do too bad. Spent way less than I thought I would. I use lots of coupons at BJ's and my sister informed me that if I go through self checkout then I can use two coupons for the same item. I've been doing that and saved about $25 on stuff today.

Morgan's having a friend over later. That should keep her occupied for the day.

I just joined Weight Watchers this morning. Again.

SP, sorry to hear about JLO. Hugs to you both.

James, I don't envy you at all. Moving sucks. We did it a lot when we first got married. Hubby was in the Air Force and even though we pretty much stayed at the same base we moved a few times. It was nice to finally get base housing.

Hope that the water heater doesn't give you any more problems, Punkin.

I hope I didn't forget something.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I love BJ's. I'm always so excited to get a good deal on something. Today's super steal was a carton of sunny delight and paper towels. :laugh:

Sorry Punkin. I'm only drinking coke and a fruit smoothie tonight. I do have a sweet potato in the oven though. I can't wait to eat that with some butter, cinnamon and sugar. Mmmmm. (Weight Watchers doesn't start until Monday.)

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
I picked up a boneless chunk of lamb (not on special :() and some really nice looking russet potatoes. I've been wanting baked potato for the past week, but was totally out! Other than the cat food, cat litter, tp normal shopping, I did find a big bag of navel oranges for a good price (8lbs for 6.99). They're small, but that's not a problem, Xena and I will enjoy them! :laugh:

I also got some air freshener to take to work. Ever since they made the ladies' room co-ed, it's sort of a necessary item. :glare:

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
You deserve 3 for that accomplishment. Cheers!

Water heater seems to be functioning ok so I think I'll have another lager to celebrate job complete. Total cost about $30 instead of a $200-$300 plumber bill. :). I think I'll have two lagers....

*Punkin on the run*

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
Co ed? really? why?
I picked up a boneless chunk of lamb (not on special :() and some really nice looking russet potatoes. I've been wanting baked potato for the past week, but was totally out! Other than the cat food, cat litter, tp normal shopping, I did find a big bag of navel oranges for a good price (8lbs for 6.99). They're small, but that's not a problem, Xena and I will enjoy them! :laugh:

I also got some air freshener to take to work. Ever since they made the ladies' room co-ed, it's sort of a necessary item. :glare:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Co ed? really? why?

It was changed back when we had the hellbeast as postmaster. The men's room was back near the supervisor's area, and they didn't like it when the guys would use it and they would have to move until the air cleared. So they blocked it off, told the guys it was broken, and that the ladies' room was now co-ed. :glare:

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
I remember a business trip to Japan where a restaurant had a co-ed bathroom but both at the same time! I'm standing at a urinal when a woman walked right behind me and went to a stall! Needless to say I left thinking I went to the wrong bathroom and was a little embarrassed. WAIT, women's bathrooms don't have urinals! :)

*Punkin on the run*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread