Crispy Coils Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Well after trying the rayon in my steam crave Aromamizer build, it takes quite a bit longer, but still same result.

However, I heard that you could rinse rayon and reuse it. Well I tried this by pulling the build part on atomizer coils and rayon still intact and gave them a nice warm bath. Used a small wire brush on the coil and rinsed thoroughly. Let it dry overnight and put it to the test. It worked! Yes I had to take a few pulls to evaporate the excess water still in the wick, but end result was worth it.

I am really liking the rayon. Have started using it in probably 1/2 my attys. Thanks everyone for your input to my Crispy coils thread.

Reactions: stols001

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Seems like a lot of work to save 2 cents worth of wick, but if you’re happy you’re happy
It's not the cost, it's just that sometimes I don't feel like rewicking or rebuilding, especially after a long day at work.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It's not the cost, it's just that sometimes I don't feel like rewicking or rebuilding, especially after a long day at work.

It’s true that it is a different kind of behavior. I personally see rewicking as less bother but I can see how someone else might come to a different conclusion.

• Agree

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
It’s true that it is a different kind of behavior. I personally see rewicking as less bother but I can see how someone else might come to a different conclusion.
That is why I have 3 decks for my Ijoy RDTA and 3 or 4 RBAs for my Prince and Cloud Beast. I usually do my builds over the weekend and use them as needed (if needed) throughout the week.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I agree.

Rinsing and drying wicks, then having to put them back in, sounds more complicated then just putting new ones in.
I think he does it to the whole atty. you really can’t put wicks back in again, especially in an aromamizer.

It suddenly occurs to me that might have been humor and my brain was simply too dedicated and mushy to pick up on it

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK if it's humor, but I heard you could rinse and reuse rayon so I tried it. The results were better than I expected (full disclosure, I left the wick IN the coil and didn't pull it out. I degunked as best I could and was surprised by the results. I probably wouldn't do it AGAIN (other than tasting flavors) and it's actually fine to just go ahead and start using the wick even if wet, it just tastes a bit watery until things get going.

I guess it could be a joke? IDK. I'd have a hard time putting a wick back in to a mod after I'd cut it and thinned it and etc., personally. I kind of feel like that would give me a very hard time.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread