Not open for further replies.

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
Ha, reminds me of a tall tale:
Guy calls police to report he sees someone stealing stuff out of his garden shed. Dispatch tells him police ETA is 20 mins. They end the call. Guy calls back about a minute later and says "You don't need to come out any more, I shot the burglar. Send an ambulance". 3 marked units arrived within 2 minutes, had suspect in custody a minute later.

Fortunately I haven't had any trouble with cops. But then they don't stop me or my husband any more. When we first bought our home, which granted is in a bad area, my husband got pulled over all the time for "driving while white". So much so he took to carrying a copy of the property deed to prove he did indeed live in this neighborhood, since "the only reason people come to this neighborhood is to score". After a while he got tired of it, and then he started filing complaints. After the sixth or seventh complaint he filed they mostly started leaving us be. After the third time we wer.e burglarized we informed them next time we would just shoot the bad guys. Miraculously we have not had a problem with either cops or burglars since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread