Status
Not open for further replies.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Unless you're from Oklahoma where everything is a Coke. "hey Billy-bob, I'm hoppin on the tractor to go down to the gas'n'guzzle, you want anything?" "sure, get me a coke!" "what kind?" "you know cherry pepsi is my favorite type of coke, sheesh!"
I ran into the soda/pop/soft-drink = Coke and vice-versa in Europe in the 1960s. Ask for a Coke or even Coca-Cola and they brought you something like fizzy lemonade. (For the curious, it's usually 'pop' in Michigan.)

fun2btango

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Ardmore TN
I grew up in Ohio, we called drinks pop. When asking for a drink however, we didn't say "I want a pop", we would say, "I would like a coke, root beer, pepsi or whatever". LOL Coke meaning Coca-Cola of course. So living in various places around the U.S and having visited all around...I'm very specific in what I order!!! Had a friend from the north east coast ask for a soda once when we lived in SC, lol thought she was going to go off on the poor girl when she asked her "what kind". So who knows what a soda is? lol

I ran into the soda/pop/soft-drink = Coke and vice-versa in Europe in the 1960s. Ask for a Coke or even Coca-Cola and they brought you something like fizzy lemonade. (For the curious, it's usually 'pop' in Michigan.)

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
It's all "Coke" down here too. Drives me NUTZ!! :facepalm:

I'm sure that the Coca-Cola Company sees that with very mixed feelings. The free advertising is nice, but they really want protect that trademark: Coke(tm). (Hmmm; this forum does not automatically switch that for ™ )

Tha Funk Doctor Spock

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Grimeycuse, NY
Some of these stories had me dying, I use a 510 and sometimes I'm worried police will think I'm smoking something else due to the light going on and off and vape clouds coming out of my car, instead of the constant cherry from a real cigarette. My main fear is if I ever do get pulled over is since I drip I usually carry a bottle or 2 with me, sometimes the label gets worn off from being in my pocket or I pack an unlabeled 6ml bottle of juice from a big bottle. In certain parts of the city dust is a HUGE problem. I'm freaked out I'll get pulled over with an unlabeled bottle of e-juice, sitting on the seat or console, in one of those parts and have to go through a whole speech and prove how its just a nicotine liquid and not liquid wet or other illegal substances,

Celarnor

Mar 23, 2010
Rochester
Some of these stories had me dying, I use a 510 and sometimes I'm worried police will think I'm smoking something else due to the light going on and off and vape clouds coming out of my car, instead of the constant cherry from a real cigarette. My main fear is if I ever do get pulled over is since I drip I usually carry a bottle or 2 with me, sometimes the label gets worn off from being in my pocket or I pack an unlabeled 6ml bottle of juice from a big bottle. In certain parts of the city dust is a HUGE problem. I'm freaked out I'll get pulled over with an unlabeled bottle of e-juice, sitting on the seat or console, in one of those parts and have to go through a whole speech and prove how its just a nicotine liquid and not liquid wet or other illegal substances,

Dust...liquid wet? I don't even know what these things are. x.x

This actually caused problems for me. A while ago, I got pulled over with my provari. At the time, I had a dual-coil storm tank (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o8pTaA4ahD8/Tf1fRFdAFqI/AAAAAAAAASk/5t6pu7EILL0/s1600/IMG_0657.JPG) with a clear fluid that I think was Creme de menthe. I'd just barely made it through a yellow light before it turned red right over me, and I thought he was going to give me a ticket for that, so I disconnected the tank out of habit and set the battery in the cupholder while I dug out my insurance card and registration. When the cop came up to my window, he asked me where the "rock" was. At first I had no idea what he meant. It took me a good 30 seconds or so to realize that he'd thought my PV was some kind of crack ....... pipe, during which my stammering of 'What? Rock?' and confusedly looking at the radio thinking maybe my music was too loud or something whilst holding my insurance information only served to worsen my position. He went back to his car for at least 20 minutes talking on the radio before deciding it was innocuous enough to give back to me, along with the advice not to use it in public.

These Rochester cops scare the crap out of me, man. It was like I could feel the adrenaline for the rest of the afternoon.

Disclaimer: YMMV. Our police departpment is pretty fascist; we literally have security cameras posted at traffic lights around where I live. With blinking blue lights and a shiny 'Rochester PD' logo to let you know they're there. Between that and those "NO LOITERING -- NO STANDING" signs, it all feels very Orwellian.

Tha Funk Doctor Spock

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Grimeycuse, NY
Celarnor, dust and liquid wet are some of the many slang terms for pcp or angeldust. Its mainly liquid here, people dip cigarettes in it,its a big problem on the southside and other parts of the city. Hence why I get worried if I get pulled over and a cop see's unmarked bottles of a golden,clear, or other colored liquid (depending on the juice and flavor) chilling in the car, Don't want to get arrested on an uneducated mistake or go through a giant process explaining its a perfect legal thing and not an illicit substance like "wet" or whatever else they may think it is

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Celarnor, dust and liquid wet are some of the many slang terms for pcp or angeldust. Its mainly liquid here, people dip cigarettes in it,its a big problem on the southside and other parts of the city. Hence why I get worried if I get pulled over and a cop see's unmarked bottles of a golden,clear, or other colored liquid (depending on the juice and flavor) chilling in the car, Don't want to get arrested on an uneducated mistake or go through a giant process explaining its a perfect legal thing and not an illicit substance like "wet" or whatever else they may think it is

I use a big ole fat coffee thermos to store all my cartos and bottles of liquid in. Out of sight...so they'd need to call in for a moving warrant to make you open all that mess and show it to them. I know, it's possible they might...but keep it simple. If you get pulled over drop your PV under the edge of the seat...then they specifically have to 'ask you for it' if that's actually why they pulled you over.

Chances are...they pulled you over for some entirely different reason....just stay cool and be cooperative. If they wanna see the PV, they'll ask for it. Otherwise...pretend it's not even there :)

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I don't like or trust cops, but it's unreasonable to think that they can magically know "Oh, that bottle of fluid is illegal, and that bottle of fluid over there isn't".

That idea that "You're a cop, therefore you have to be perfect or I will sue you for millions" is a really stupid idea. When you sue the cop, it doesn't come out of his paycheck, it comes out of mine, and my neighbors. It doesn't hurt him at all, it just makes you an ........

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
First off trying to hide something from them will be the first tip of the scale.
Do not do this!
If you get pulled over drop your PV under the edge of the seat...then they specifically have to 'ask you for it' if that's actually why they pulled you over.
If they see you trying to hide something, you'll be waiting around longer. If it comes down to it most police have test kits for illegal substances with them already, you are not likely to be arrested. It may cause you some time, but if you're that wary keep your travel bottles labeled clearly. Ya all have puters, print something that looks official.

00dish

Oct 17, 2011
Wigan, England
HAHA, typical! people who dont understand, or havent heard about vaping always assume it must be illegal just because of the way P.V's look! the whole point of vaping initially, is to stop smoking analogs and the future of vaping isnt in those little e-cig things from the supermarket. its in the mods and more personalized setups ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread