Status
Not open for further replies.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
vape Magoo" data-source="post: 20440029" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape Magoo said:
The problem was paying with a Credit Card because PayPal is their Credit Card processor. As a credit card processor PP is VERY controlling on the majority of online shops.
O h ok I get what your saying now.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My Digiflavor Siren 2 came in yesterday, along with the Ares. I wound my standard 2.5mm SS316 coil and popped it in with a rayon wick cut to just touch the tank bottom and adjusted the coil for about 2mm above the air port. The build was a piece of cake and the tank has been fine. No leaks and flavor is slightly better than my goto Kayfun Lite Plus RTA.

I like the push to fill top on the Ares, but the quarter turn top on the Siren 2 also works well. I'd like for the Siren's top to have a snap feel that tells me it's locked, but it seems secure enough. I always have some juices in Boston Rounds with dropper tops. The Ares and Siren 2 fill ports work well with droppers. I always fill my Kayfuns with a thin tip squeeze bottle or a syringe with glass bottles. Either method works fine with the Siren 2 and the Ares.

This tank and the Ares may be the tanks that challenge my Kayfuns for the #1 spot in my daily vape hardware choice.

Last edited:

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Got the clone from 2fvape and while the tank looks great and seems very well made, the o-rings are very sketchy. It makes me wonder if they somehow got a hold of the authentic tanks and then crammed some after market o-rings on there.

Anyway... I started getting kicked out of TC mode which lead to the discovery that liquid was leaking out from the positive pin (glad I caught it before it destroyed my mod).

Took it apart (removed the 510 positive pin) and there was an ill fitting, torn o-ring inside the 510 pin above the peek piece that holds the pin. Has anyone broken down the tank that far before? Can you tell me (or better yet provide pics) of the pieces and their locations down around the pin?

I want to make sure that my tank has all the right pieces in the right place as I've found another oring in the stockpile to replace the messed up one. I'm feeling skeptical that the placement of the oring will prevent further leaking - but it's doing fine after 12+ hours

Last edited:

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
My cotton tails has vanished, I cant see them any longer. Very strange :p

check
down_the_rabbit_hole_by_jcjessica-d5kqxq7.jpg

Houssam

Nov 29, 2016
Yep flavor is definitely there now. I loaded up a pretty muted juice last time I tried it (blueberry donut) and my wife could hear me go "mmm .. oh .. mmmhmmm!" I didn't even realize I was doing that :D Shortly after refilling though, I see drops of juice in the airflow ring .. So leak incoming yet again. Man I hope the 24mm holds juice better.
Exactly same problem here, I love the flavour but the leaking is a show stopper obviously. Some builds take longer to leak, others leak immediately where I fill the tank, leave it sit and in a while the tank is 70% full, the liquid gets into the base. I got my first tank replaced due to this and while I thought the second is better, it is happening again. It is the size of the coil, height, amount of cotton, cotton touching airflow in the base, viscosity of liquid or combination of any of the above. Disappointed really as this is at least my 10th RTA and never seen this before.

• Optimistic

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Top filling Siren V2/Berserker, looking for a little feedback.

I am sure I heard/read the advice for filling both the Siren V2 and the Berserker was to close the AFC before top filling.

Is that correct?

I had been forgetting to close the AFC on the V2 and have not been getting any leaks. Then I remembered to close the AFC and got a leak.

I have never been able to fill the Berserker from the top without a real mess and losing a lot of juice. I gave up trying to top fill and stuck with bottom filling the tank.

After the experience with the V2 I tried top filling the Berserker with the AFC open, the very first time I was able to top fill with no problems with leaking.

Did I misunderstand the advice on top filling or have I entered the Twilight Zone?

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Top filling Siren V2/Berserker, looking for a little feedback.

I am sure I heard/read the advice for filling both the Siren V2 and the Berserker was to close the AFC before top filling.

Is that correct?

I had been forgetting to close the AFC on the V2 and have not been getting any leaks. Then I remembered to close the AFC and got a leak.

I have never been able to fill the Berserker from the top without a real mess and losing a lot of juice. I gave up trying to top fill and stuck with bottom filling the tank.

After the experience with the V2 I tried top filling the Berserker with the AFC open, the very first time I was able to top fill with no problems with leaking.

Did I misunderstand the advice on top filling or have I entered the Twilight Zone?
My understanding is top fill the Berserker using the old school method before JFC... i.e. close air, fill, put top cap on just enough to catch a thread or 2, turn upside down and wait couple of seconds for juice to go down, open AFC and thread top cap on the rest of the way. This forces air, not juice, out of the vacuum.

You can also, obviously, bottom fill.

The Siren, and GTA tanks in general, supposedly do not require this and "should" be able to top fill with no leak.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
My understanding is top fill the Berserker using the old school method before JFC... i.e. close air, fill, put top cap on just enough to catch a thread or 2, turn upside down and wait couple of seconds for juice to go down, open AFC and thread top cap on the rest of the way. This forces air, not juice, out of the vacuum.

You can also, obviously, bottom fill.

The Siren, and GTA tanks in general, supposedly do not require this and "should" be able to top fill with no leak.

When you take the top cap off of the Berserker is the AFC open or closed?

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I fill both with AF open and topfill. Never get leaks from either. I'm blaming rayon... :)

I hope it stops leaking, I love my Siren V2s. The 22 and 24 mm versions...

Anna

The V2 only leaked the one time I closed the AFC when I filled it. I only did it that way once, I leave it open and no problems. Just using cotton.

That's when I decided to try leaving it open on the Berserker, and it worked, no leaking.

I do notice they both seem to weep a tiny bit from the bottom when I vape them dry before cleaning/changing the cotton.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Closed.

Here is the principle I learned on the KF and it applies to all vacuum tanks without JFC (skip to 1:45):

Yep, that's what I tried in the beginning with the Berserker, it leaked, it leaked a lot, every single time I tried it. So I just bottom filled it and had no problems.

Because of my experience with the V2 I tried yesterday and today to top fill the Berserker with the AFC open, no problem with leaking.

It seems strange, I am beginning to wonder if atmospheric pressure can have an effect on results, it is on the high end where I am. Sea level, hot and H-U-M-I-D.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Yep, that's what I tried in the beginning with the Berserker, it leaked, it leaked a lot, every single time I tried it. So I just bottom filled it and had no problems.

Because of my experience with the V2 I tried yesterday and today to top fill the Berserker with the AFC open, no problem with leaking.

It seems strange, I am beginning to wonder if atmospheric pressure can have an effect on results, it is on the high end where I am. Sea level, hot and H-U-M-I-D.
My understanding is yes atmosphere can absolutely effect.

I bottom fill my Beserker, because it is so easy.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    You go a couple of days before you have to refill?

Or a couple of days before what?
    Since I have the 2ml version (still waiting on my 4.5ml argh!), I refill 3-5 times a day and it'll start leaking through the AFC after a couple of days. If I simply ignore it and refill, my mod gets very wet.

wick22.png

Methods I've tried. #1 will naturally make a juice well into the airflow and #2 will not, but it's the same end result; Leaking. I've tried barely any cotton, super tightly packed, just in between etc. and it's not really helping. I'm going to laugh so hard if it turns out all I had to do was to NOT close the airflow when refilling but I'll have to test that when I rewick because it's currently leaking. Sigh.

Last edited:

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    Since I have the 2ml version (still waiting on my 4.5ml argh!), I refill 3-5 times a day and it'll start leaking through the AFC after a couple of days. If I simply ignore it and refill, my mod gets very wet.

wick22.png

Methods I've tried. #1 will naturally make a juice well into the airflow and #2 will not, but it's the same end result; Leaking. I've tried barely any cotton, super tightly packed, just in between etc. and it's not really helping. I'm going to laugh so hard if it turns out all I had to do was to NOT close the airflow when refilling but I'll have to test that when I rewick because it's currently leaking. Sigh.

On the 4.5ml I am touching the floor. I do refill when halfway down the bell most of the time so it doesn't weep from the bottom. It does seem my first hits are wetter if I let the juice get too low before I refill.

Also I rotate mods/tanks a lot, I chain vape but don't beat on any tank very long. Are you vaping to the bottom before refilling? Is the color of the juice getting dark before you start leaking? Just wondering if heavy vaping is too much for the cotton in the 2ml.

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread