Diketones-free vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
I hope you'll post your thoughts when you've tried them. Always willing to try "clean" juices.
I can do that. But it will take a little while as they are behind on fulfillment due to an Easter sale, and I'm going to have to let them steep for at least a week. Hate having to be patient!

Reactions: newyork13

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Thats a very good point , there are a ton of sites out there that claim their juices are free of diketones but that is often not the case at all .

When i dug deeper in the past and was able to talk to someone in charge at some vendors i was told they cannot guarantee our juices are 100% free of diketones.

There are just no laws at this point that requires them to tell the truth about that .

Yes. I don't recall which juice vendor it was. But, I emailed them asking if their liquids had diketones. Their answer was that they don't incorporate them. But, nor would they claim they were free of them, since they believed that there were various testing methods/techniques which didn't result in the same conclusions, and thus would not in good conscience make any claims one way or the other. I'm not a chemist, so can't scientifically rebut them. On the other hand, a test from a reputable lab would be worth something, IMHO.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Yes. I don't recall which juice vendor it was. But, I emailed them asking if their liquids had diketones. Their answer was that they don't incorporate them. But, nor would they claim they were free of them, since they believed that there were various testing methods/techniques which didn't result in the same conclusions, and thus would not in good conscience make any claims one way or the other. I'm not a chemist, so can't scientifically rebut them. On the other hand, a test from a reputable lab would be worth something, IMHO.

Many say "well we don't add extra diacetyl to are juices " which apparently is good enough for some to say "diketone free" . If the flavorings come with diketone's you can be assured we won't add anymore , gee thanks lol.

Reactions: newyork13

apicia

Aug 10, 2012
MA
I have also been looking for a great "Bazooka Joe" type flavor bubble gum , unfortunately i have not come across one that really hit's the mark .

There are plenty of "Juicy Fruit" flavors that are very good but" pink bubble gum " is elusive.

Any update? Still searching for bubble gum flavor and you perfectly described it as Bazooka Joe gum flavor. Old school bubble gum flavor. We go through a lot of juice, so larger bottles that are affordable are a must!

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Any update? Still searching for bubble gum flavor and you perfectly described it as Bazooka Joe gum flavor. Old school bubble gum flavor. We go through a lot of juice, so larger bottles that are affordable are a must!

Unfortunately no , i will search till the cows come home though ( cows walk ridiculously slow , maybe 1 mph faster than a crippled turtle so i have a feeling i will be waiting a long time ) but i will keep you updated.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Looks like DIY will be starting in my near future. Anyone know which flavor concentrate vendors sell DA/AP free flavorings?

FlavorArt is known to offer the most diketone free flavors and the best tasting i might add in many peoples opinions.

TFA has a lot and offers DX versions which are known to be diketone free , imo DX versions are hit and miss in quality of flavor .

Capella's V2 labeled flavorings are known to be diketone free.

The thing that most do is order flavorings from BullCityVapor because they put a "caution" box around known diketone containing flavors , that makes it much easier to choose.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
FlavorArt is known to offer the most diketone free flavors and the best tasting i might add in many peoples opinions.

TFA has a lot and offers DX versions which are known to be diketone free , imo DX versions are hit and miss in quality of flavor .

Capella's V2 labeled flavorings are known to be diketone free.

The thing that most do is order flavorings from BullCityVapor because they put a "caution" box around known diketone containing flavors , that makes it much easier to choose.
do you know if Cappella and TFA publish test results ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread