Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
My SS GGTStorm got sluggish. I thought my batteries were all bad. I tried new batteries and no luck. I cleaned all my threads and still no luck. Finally I took my button apart. It was just black inside. I didn't expect that. Now it is clean and I am back making huge vapor clouds again. It was a bit tedious getting the button pieces back together but it was so worth the bother.:vapor::vapor::vapor:

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Yowza. I think it's aboot time I take my GGTS apart to the bones and clean it. I know my threads are a bit grungy, I can only imagine the button after aboot 9 months without cleaning. I have been vaping with just the post because I thought my vapor production was going down, but a good cleaning should get the job done :D

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Now that fuse upgrades are in stock, nobodyyyy has an excuse to run their GG without a spring! Don't bother cleaning your springs (unless you have a brass one), just buy a replacement. There isn't THAT much you can do to adequately clean your springs besides for wiping them down with a polishing cloth or trying to sand them (don't bother, waste of time imo). The GGTB springs have been in stock for the past 6 months, so those are always a viable option for your TS in case the brass ones go out of stock or you dont have a fuse upgrade/fuse springs.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Any tips for taking apart the new stealth button? Mine wont come apart. Been using hot water and pliers for the last half hour with no luck. I know it needs cleaning.

Use sockets, not pliers, that way you won't gouge it up ;-) The button end is a 10mm socket and the internal end is a ?? crap, can't remember . . . If you've got a small metric socket set, though, it should be easy enough to figure out

Dirty button had caused me issues early on, I'd never even though of taking it apart and cleaning until it was suggested to me by another family member. Now I do it every time when I tear down for a full cleaning every week or two :)

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Use sockets, not pliers, that way you won't gouge it up ;-) The button end is a 10mm socket and the internal end is a ?? crap, can't remember . . . If you've got a small metric socket set, though, it should be easy enough to figure out

The button head is indeed 10mm and the contact pin end of the assembly is 5mm. Even if you don't find a lot of use for metric sets of that size, going to a hardware store that sells individual sockets and picking up a 10mm and a 5mm is a good investment if you are going to be using your GGTS or Stealth much at all. ;)

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
The button head is indeed 10mm and the contact pin end of the assembly is 5mm. Even if you don't find a lot of use for metric sets of that size, going to a hardware store that sells individual sockets and picking up a 10mm and a 5mm is a good investment if you are going to be using your GGTS or Stealth much at all. ;)

thank you for that information. I was doing it the hard way and I have little sockets already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread