DNA20 Wood/Metal Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravewolf

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Philippines
Nice gatling gun mod design bapgood, maybe you can install a micro motor like the ones found on those Tomy micro rc's to make the barrels spin. It's very tiny and uses very low power. I thought the barrels where the atomizer, or is the atomizer inside those barrels? This kinda inspires me to think of a mod that uses the barrels as the mod body and that each barrel has a 14500 battery inside that not only acts as a battery storage but also makes battery change faster by just revolving the barrel.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Nice gatling gun mod design bapgood, maybe you can install a micro motor like the ones found on those Tomy micro rc's to make the barrels spin. It's very tiny and uses very low power. I thought the barrels where the atomizer, or is the atomizer inside those barrels? This kinda inspires me to think of a mod that uses the barrels as the mod body and that each barrel has a 14500 battery inside that not only acts as a battery storage but also makes battery change faster by just revolving the barrel.

Thanks!

I need to work out the motor/motors....I want a fan and for the barrels to rotate....I was thinking maybe I could use a single motor to do both and just gear down the barrels so they spin slower, but I'm starting to doubt the small fan motors ability to do both. I need to get one to try, I also have some small rc motors I can try.

The concept design is just using an extra long tanked carto for the atomizer.

Using the barrels as battery compartments would be very cool.

gravewolf

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Philippines
You'll need a smaller size battery like an 18350 to have the space for the gears and motor to make the barrel spin. I think you can also use the gear design on the side as actual gears for the motor to make the barrel spin, it's hard but I think you can pull it off since you can make the gears on your 3d printer or even make a working design on cad to see if it's possible.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
You'll need a smaller size battery like an 18350 to have the space for the gears and motor to make the barrel spin. I think you can also use the gear design on the side as actual gears for the motor to make the barrel spin, it's hard but I think you can pull it off since you can make the gears on your 3d printer or even make a working design on cad to see if it's possible.

The concept is actually kind of big to give lots of room....the OD is 1.5"....I would probably use lipo batteries, as I have a few to chose from.

Yeah if the 3D printer ever shows up....I hate waiting period....but especially for super cool toys

I was noticing that shapeways can print a very steampunk looking stainless steel 3D Printing in Stainless Steel on Shapeways

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
I know some of this is old news, but I thought I would share a spread sheet I created for easily figuring out funky metric thread dimensions.

View attachment 180037

There is a drop down to select thread pitch

ScreenShot609_zpsa82ddd8e.jpg

Then you get thread dimensions in both mm and inch.

ScreenShot610_zps17200e6c.jpg

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
I can't for the life of me understand that spread sheet and how to apply it lol.

I should have added this detail.

ScreenShot615_zps4a5b1e05.jpg

This is where I got the info and then I just did some converting to give inch dims as well. It just comes in handy when turning something down to be threaded or when looking for a drill bit that is close.

gravewolf

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Philippines
I should have added this detail.

ScreenShot615_zps4a5b1e05.jpg

This is where I got the info and then I just did some converting to give inch dims as well. It just comes in handy when turning something down to be threaded or when looking for a drill bit that is close.

Please stop.....it makes my head hurt! But seriously I still have a lot to learn, this information is very handy but I'm pretty much a layman when it comes to technical stuff.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Please stop.....it makes my head hurt! But seriously I still have a lot to learn, this information is very handy but I'm pretty much a layman when it comes to technical stuff.

lol....I basically look at the tap drill size and external major diameter. The other info is handy for a situation like when I was deciding what thread I wanted to use on the outside of my 510 connector, so I could determine the amount material left between the inside and outside threads.

ScreenShot610_zps36bf5e98.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread