DNA250C Replay - what's the big deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
The other part of it besides changing atties is that I’m constantly changing the temps of my vape depending on the flavor of the moment.

I vape anywhere from 5-10 different flavors on any given day and all at different temps.

So it’s not much use for me. But a lot of people seem to love it. From what I read many people who didn’t want to “fiddle” with TC.
Easy solution, Fidola- you're just not thinking clearly. Get a different mod for each flavor. And spend a lot of $.;)

upload_2018-6-10_11-58-30.png

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
The other part of it besides changing atties is that I’m constantly changing the temps of my vape depending on the flavor of the moment.

I vape anywhere from 5-10 different flavors on any given day and all at different temps.

So it’s not much use for me. But a lot of people seem to love it. From what I read many people who didn’t want to “fiddle” with TC.

Im the most lazy/boring vapist i know. I vape unflavoured, always, and have been for a long time now, and if theres a way to vape without fiddling its designed for me, hence why i love TC, i only have to change one setting twice a year...

Lol, i cant imagine 5-10 flavours a day, i think i tried 2 once back in the beginning, and considering i had 1 tank it was a kerfuffle :) #FirstWorldProblems

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Oh I'm talked into a replay mod alright. Now, I'm just having intense discussions with my bank account to make it possible LOL.

Anna

Also, apart from my concern above, that it might send me back to a more fiddly life, i realised, in a brief moment of clarity, i do have some quite considerable medical costs coming up, and really i should prolly prioritize that...maybe :)

Whoever said a vapists life is easy....

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Im the most lazy/boring vapist i know. I vape unflavoured, always, and have been for a long time now, and if theres a way to vape without fiddling its designed for me, hence why i love TC, i only have to change one setting twice a year...

Lol, i cant imagine 5-10 flavours a day, i think i tried 2 once back in the beginning, and considering i had 1 tank it was a kerfuffle :) #FirstWorldProblems

I use an RDA and DIY so I’m always wanting to try out all my new mixes lol!

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Update:

The oracle, otherwise known to me as Laurie, has taken the time to point out that Replay will take into account resistance changes:

Saving a puff includes mod and atomiser resistance in its calculations, therefore any slight changes in your setup are adjusted for.

So DNA75C may be back on the table for me....

Im to even going to mention Laurie (re)complicating my life, seems petty...

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Update:

The oracle, otherwise known to me as Laurie, has taken the time to point out that Replay will take into account resistance changes:

Saving a puff includes mod and atomiser resistance in its calculations, therefore any slight changes in your setup are adjusted for.

Well, I vape two identical tanks whatever the particular model may be. I have identical coils in each of them, well, close as I can get them anyway.
So, one tank reads .266 the other reads .260
Going from one to the other takes me out of Replay mode and I have to record a puff I like again.
Not a big deal to me, but if you are constantly changing tanks, maybe. For me, both tanks use the same wattage, so I usually hit it twice and record.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Well, I vape two identical tanks whatever the particular model may be. I have identical coils in each of them, well, close as I can get them anyway.
So, one tank reads .266 the other reads .260
Going from one to the other takes me out of Replay mode and I have to record a puff I like again.
Not a big deal to me, but if you are constantly changing tanks, maybe. For me, both tanks use the same wattage, so I usually hit it twice and record.

Oh poo

This is like a rollercoaster, and now i have The Fear

I likes my #VapeLyfe simples

Starting to wish i hadnt heard of the DNA75C and Replay :)

Reactions: stols001

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Oh poo

This is like a rollercoaster, and now i have The Fear

I likes my #VapeLyfe simples

Starting to wish i hadnt heard of the DNA75C and Replay :)

IMO you are being worried over something that isn't a big deal.

Are your tanks all running way different coils? Ones that require great change in the wattage applied?
Are you familiar with the tanks and how you usually vape them, meaning what wattage?
Then, it's real easy. If they are that different, you'll see a big selection menu when you put a different tank on. Agree it is a different tank, that measures the resistance on the new tank. Now, select watts. Change it to what you think you like.
Vape, when happy, click the menu to Replay (Record Puff on some themes) and select it. Presto! You are in Replay.

If all your coils are pretty much the same, you should (but don't have to) go to the Settings->Atomizer->Resistance section of the menu and measure the resistance. I only do this because I always have when I started using TC. I don't ever lock resistance for the same reason.

I can do this without paying attention anymore, and I only change tanks once a day as a rule.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I'm befuddled with all of the consternation. It's an option. It is not going to put your favorite mod maker out of business. It has VW. It has TC. You are not obligated to use it or like it. Here's a great video where DJlsb interviews the engineer who created replay. Maybe this will help.

Update:

So DNA75C may be back on the table for me....

Im to even going to mention Laurie (re)complicating my life, seems petty...

If you end up with a Lost Vape Mirage - be careful to not drop it - the battery door at the bottom is pretty fragile - I'm on my 2nd mirage now as I got sick of having a rubber band around the mod to keep it working (still works with the rubber band - I'm just fussy like that)

*edit* and when I say "drop it" I mean, after a night of a lot of booze, leaving your phone in a cab and watching it drive around various parts of Sydney and nearly wiping it through find my iphone (on the missus phone) all whilst vaping out the front of a serviced apartment just down the road from Steamers (was in Mascot) - I missed my pocket trying to put it away in the excitement and *thump* it hit the concrete - only damage was the battery door and a scrape on the zeus tank mouthpiece - surprisingly tough lil mod...

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
If you end up with a Lost Vape Mirage - be careful to not drop it - the battery door at the bottom is pretty fragile - I'm on my 2nd mirage now as I got sick of having a rubber band around the mod to keep it working (still works with the rubber band - I'm just fussy like that)

*edit* and when I say "drop it" I mean, after a night of a lot of booze, leaving your phone in a cab and watching it drive around various parts of Sydney and nearly wiping it through find my iphone (on the missus phone) all whilst vaping out the front of a serviced apartment just down the road from Steamers (was in Mascot) - I missed my pocket trying to put it away in the excitement and *thump* it hit the concrete - only damage was the battery door and a scrape on the zeus tank mouthpiece - surprisingly tough lil mod...

Damn, doesnt sound like a good night. Sounds like the phone came home whcich is an upside for sure. Steamers, when i saw your name come up i wondered if there would be a Steamers reference lol... i havent been out there in over a year sadly since i got sick.

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia

Long time no see weiss!

Reactions: stols001
Damn, doesnt sound like a good night. Sounds like the phone came home whcich is an upside for sure. Steamers, when i saw your name come up i wondered if there would be a Steamers reference lol... i havent been out there in over a year sadly since i got sick.

It actually turned out to be a really good night all things considered - met someone that knew someone that my lady friend knows - the phone and mod can all be replaced if worst comes to worst and yep! The phone was returned by the cabbie when one of the passengers managed to dial the phone we were watching it on (got the passenger to hand it to the cabbie and he remembered dropping us off - 30 mins later - phone returned and I was *extremely* appreciative - mod was still going also, I just had to be careful of the battery door lol

Have much <3 for the Steamery & very sorry to hear about your illness :/ I've been well out of the loop re social media and forums these days - order everything online so like you, haven't dropped into the B&M in ages - Will have a looksee in August though as I'm staying in the area again for another break from work - to keep inline with the thread though - get a DNA75C - they're good ;D

Long time no see weiss!

Gday mate! Definitely been too long between drinks! All good on your side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread