Status
Not open for further replies.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I do sometimes enjoy the Natural Tobaccos Part 2 Thread. But, my eyes tend to glaze over, and I consider stabbing myself when it gets too focused on premix from NET vendors

Papaws thread excludes me. It is the opposite of what I like. Latakia is my favourite, and his OP specifically says his thread is the opposite of latakia "at the front"

I've had a black cavendish macerating around 5 months
Recently knocked up a latakia blend from a bulk smokingpipes tobacco

I'm in Australia. Taxes here suck. I used to import pipe tobaccos for $3 a ounce, compared to $60 here. But, 1st July saw loose tbacco added to the prohibited import list. So now I don't just take the tax gamble, it'd be a yuge fine, or jail time

So, I'll have to look local, and pay lots :cry:

I only lightly filter. And mix around 1 or 2 percent flavour. Dark aromatics

Not many seem to agree :(

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
That really sucks. Let me guess no public discussion on the change.

I didn't hear of any :(
But, I didn't go searching either.

We can still import snus, just pay tax on arrival. From what I can tell, nasal snuff is gone, and not available locally.

I might try cigar lotto, they are not prohibited either, just taxed $1 p/gram. And make good NETs

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I like Latakia and have extracted dozens of Latakia forward tobacco blends. I also prefer strong (as apposed to lighter more nuanced) flavor. My current favorite Latakia blend is Cornell and Diehl "Constellation no. 411", it's one of Cornell & Diehl's oldest blends and it's available in bulk. It's a blend of Burley, Cavendish, Latakia and Virginia tobaccos but Latakia is the star of the show.

Other robust Latakia blends worth mentioning;
  • Dunhill "Nightcap"
  • Cornell & Diehl "Mississippi Mud"
  • Cornell & Diehl "Pirate Kake"
  • Tsuge "Ryujin" - no longer available
  • The Smoker "St James" - no longer available, my all time favorite extract

• Winner
Reactions: Doffy

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
.........I'm in Australia. Taxes here suck. I used to import pipe tobaccos for $3 a ounce, compared to $60 here. But, 1st July saw loose tbacco added to the prohibited import list. So now I don't just take the tax gamble, it'd be a yuge fine, or jail time.......

So loose leaf tobacco is prohibited for import but I wonder if that includes tobacco extract suspended in PG or VG?

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I like Latakia and have extracted dozens of Latakia forward tobacco blends. I also prefer strong (as apposed to lighter more nuanced) flavor. My current favorite Latakia blend is Cornell and Diehl "Constellation no. 411", it's one of Cornell & Diehl's oldest blends and it's available in bulk. It's a blend of Burley, Cavendish, Latakia and Virginia tobaccos but Latakia is the star of the show.

Other robust Latakia blends worth mentioning;
  • Dunhill "Nightcap"
  • Cornell & Diehl "Mississippi Mud"
  • Cornell & Diehl "Pirate Kake"
  • Tsuge "Ryujin" - no longer available
  • The Smoker "St James" - no longer available, my all time favorite extract

i'll keep an eye out for those here

Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) - Drexel VI (Drexel) - Tobacco Reviews
this was nice, but i can't get it locally, and now can't import it

and, i gifted most of it, since i was proud. And figured i could get more

• Optimistic
Reactions: Str8vision

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Considering the taxes over there, would it be less expensive for you to buy/import extracts rather than making your own? How much does 30 grams of premium pipe tobacco cost you? I pay less than $3, in many cases (bulk tobaccos) around $1.90.

around $50

i'd need to import liquid, laws again
and shipping makes it stupid

Reactions: Str8vision

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I didn't mean to offend with the thread I started, it just seemed milder DIY NET's didn't really have a home.
I kinda agree on your assessment on the Natural Tobaccos thread. Mostly Vendor talk, and I started drifting away from that market once I got a few NET's I liked at home.
I'd offer to send some extracts (used to get them to a now deceased friend in Thailand) but I don't know if you would care for any of my liquids. "Aroma Oils" seem to go through Customs fairly well....

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I didn't mean to offend with the thread I started, it just seemed milder DIY NET's didn't really have a home.
I kinda agree on your assessment on the Natural Tobaccos thread. Mostly Vendor talk, and I started drifting away from that market once I got a few NET's I liked at home.
I'd offer to send some extracts (used to get them to a now deceased friend in Thailand) but I don't know if you would care for any of my liquids. "Aroma Oils" seem to go through Customs fairly well....
It's OK. No offense. Just like you, felt a bit homeless

Reactions: FranC

YearsOfCigars

Jun 23, 2019
California
It's OK. No offense. Just like you, felt a bit homeless

That's funny ! "homeless".. that is exactly how some of us felt when we posted about Tobacco NET and were treated as a red-headed step child at some of the major social media / blog BBS systems around the net So a (very small group) of us started a niche / boutique BBS where we can post about DIY Tobacco NET. It is not a 'hand holding/ how do I make this/" place. It is for those of us that have the basics down and want to move on to more technical and more precise flavor profile discussions. You are all welcome to stop by and see what you think.

Just FYI: at our site: latakia and pure leaf and cased are all spit off with their own tasting categories. the link: http://diy-tobacco-net.epizy.com/index.php

If you have well written flavor tasting profile critiques you would like to post, then that is more than welcome.

Boscovlle

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2018
Looking at some Daughters' and Ryan blends, Three Sails and Ramback Gold.
Anyone have any experience with these ?
I've tried their Perique, Picayune, and Ramback. All were good. They also sell NET ejuice. The juices are kinda expensive but very strong. If you're buying the tobacco it's also sold on "Pipes & Cigars" in one ounce increments.

• Informative
Reactions: PapawBrett

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Might as well put it here...
Last Friday I called Customer Service at pipes&cigars.net to ask if they would accept reviews from the vaping community. They said they would love to hear what I said, so I submitted very positive reviews of four of my favorite purchases. In the "Write a Review" page it specifies that a "third party" reviews their submissions.
Glancing over the P&C website (everything I want is in stock, for now) I see that my reviews have been accepted !
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
Just sampled my net mix which is against the grain to most, A 5 day cold masaration of olb Holborn & golden Virginia UK tobacco with 0.5 Bulgarian tobacco absolute with 3 hours heated ultrasonic, Seated taking a few puff's the flavour instant flash back to the early 70s as a young lad chilling out with father beer shearing a pipe loaded with Ogdens St Julien which was a aromatic Virginia, What I'm getting now, Fantastic.

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
As I'm using shredded tobacco with a 50/50 Pg VG I mix twice a day for 5, Filter, Then mix 30. Percent concentrate with v/g then use ultrasonic, Having had years of the long steep, This qwick process is working fine for me the flavours there without tomuch of the gunky sugars from the Virginias, As a note I'm using 6 grams to 100ml Pg VG total extract 50ml.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread