Do you vape at work (no stealth mode) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
Yeah I do vape at work. Not in front of 'management' though. Seems the more education a person has the less 'smart' they are. Or more likely they are to impose their ideals on others, since they think they know better.

For the common worker an explanation works really well. All have said they don't smell any smoke though one did get a 'taste' of the caramel for a very short time in a rather inclosed space. Explaining that it's not much more then a carrier that makes vapor, food flavoring and nicotine and none of the 3000-4000 known 'bad' things found in cigarette smoke.

Not one person has complained about it or asked me to stop.

TheMixMaster

Jan 1, 2012
Chicago
I do in stealth mode because I carry a Encore E-cig when im out of the house, and it looks real.I dont wanna take any chances. Even if confronted there's to many reasons that the boss man could use to write me up because of it. If you are planning on vaping at work just talk to your boss about it first dont take the risk. I know I should "Practice what I preach" I get it all the time.

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
Nope, I work for a health care facility and my boss doesn't want me vaping in the office, we can't even wear perfume or flavored lotions cause we have people that are allergic so vaping is not an option, but I like it that way. I work in a mall and I can go upstairs and vape or outside with my peeps that still smoke analogs. I work in an office that is in the basement, so any excuse to go upstairs is great!

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
As a follow up to what I posted, all my smoking employees have seen me vape.
When we have meetings, I vape. When I join them for lunch, I vape. When we are at
our on-site marketing office, I vape.
I had 20 employee smokers.
I say had because I have pretty much convinced them all to get off of analogs
and try ecigs.
They say the best part of it is that they can now smoke inside the office. :)
And, I have made some policy changes in that anyone who vapes can
vape anywhere on the premises.
Just as long as they vape juice that I like :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I'm a field technician with a telephone company - I vape in my work van & carry an eGo-T with me when I'm in a building. When left alone in a hallway or a telephone equipment room - I'll vape a few puffs. Also, I'll vape outside a building with smokers. I think the more we vape in public, the faster things will happen. More people will get use to the technology & it won't be such an odd thing to look at. Also more smokers will take notice & switch to vaping - leading to more demand for better products, more distribution & hopefully accelerate the governments to pass the laws into legislation.

onename

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Brantford, Ontario
I vape at work all the time, even while in hospital or just where ever. Love it, wont be too concerned if approached by anyone.

When I first tried the e-cig bought the newbie type that actually looked like a cig, with the red light on end etc... was told often that I was not allowed to smoke in a public place... since I purchased the eGO no issues

Detroit

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
akron,ohio
i work in a foundry, lots of dirt/sand/chemicles floating constantly (a foundry is a place metal,iron and aluminum in my case. is melted down, poored into sand/dirt/chemicle filled molds then broken apart after dry. very unhealthy place to work. they recently did a analog ban and i was like ok w/e thats fine (there still allowed to use chew&snus) i got caught with my PV and they told me it is included in the analog ban and told me if im caught again ill be fired. i told them it has nothing to do with smoking that its my PV. and my boss replyed "i dont care, youve been warned". what do you all think of this? anything legal i can do? i know its a long shot but thought ide ask.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Detroit, it sounds like stealth "if you choose to do it" is your only choice. Does it stink? Yes, but it's still their rules. :( Sorry buddy.

I'm lucky I work in a smokers industry and my boss hates smoke, so when I showed up last year at her bar I started to vape. She wanted to know about it, I told her what it was and she said "good you don't stink" and walked away.

So my first wedding of the season the two of us load up in the van and I started to vape, (I like to push it with her shes a tough old grouch) and she never said a word. :) I also vape at weddings when no guests are around. Like I said I'm lucky...

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
LOLLLL LOVE your Moxy :D

Detroit, it sounds like stealth "if you choose to do it" is your only choice. Does it stink? Yes, but it's still their rules. :( Sorry buddy.

I'm lucky I work in a smokers industry and my boss hates smoke, so when I showed up last year at her bar I started to vape. She wanted to know about it, I told her what it was and she said "good you don't stink" and walked away.

So my first wedding of the season the two of us load up in the van and I started to vape, (I like to push it with her shes a tough old grouch) and she never said a word. :) I also vape at weddings when no guests are around. Like I said I'm lucky...

Detroit

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
akron,ohio
crap thats what i thought :( now if i stealth vape is there a flavor/brand that may be perfered as to not attract attention? im on 2nd shift and i work with 3 other people (2 fellow employ's and 1 formen) i can vape infront of the employes and they dont care and they wont say anything, we have a trust policy between us. my formen however will rat me out in a heart beat. i thought about going with a mint flavor and keeping a pack of mints in my pocket, that way when i come out of the bathroom stall and hes like "whats that smell" i could say "oh, my mints!, want one?" what do you all think? safe? not? it bugs me so much not being able to vape there but at the same time i cant lose my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread