Do you vape at work (no stealth mode) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I vape at work! I try not to be obvious about it and no one has complained. Most of my co workers know I vape. I vape at my cubby and through the school halls. My boss thinks all of my smoking co workers should switch.... I think it's mainly because they would spend more time working and less time outside on break! lol

Kimmy in Texas

Virk

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
Colorado
Yes, I'm an IT Consultant and my clients are thrilled they are no longer paying for smoke breaks lol.

As a side note...last week in walmart looking for Loranns flavorings for DIY, by the time we found them there was a manager and 3 employees gathered there watching me demo my Riva and they were taking notes and jotting down this forum address.

Over a year smoke free, I refuse to hide my new hobby!

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
I work in an office with several other people, we also have a repair shop attached for our trucks.
I used to smoke out back (& in the shop during winter) all the time, when I started vaping I still went out back to vape.
A week after I started vaping I got injured and was in a wheelchair for a bit. I was still going to go out to vape but my boss said "Well it's a good thing you got that e-cig because you can use that in the office".
I love that vaping in the office was my boss's idea! LOL

Keesie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Pa
When I first starting vaping I contacted the medical dept and asked how do I get the ok to use this anywhere at work. The nurse was happy I stopped smoking and I gave her web sites including this one to look at and decide. A meeting was held with human resources and medical and it's ok to vape anywhere I want. Since I started vaping there are about a dozen or so coworkers I helped to start. Everyone is happy but I would encourage asking first. I work in an aluminum extrusion mill with all kinds of nasty smoke and who knows what in the air but they still banned smoking.

Anoob2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
central IL
I vape onpenly at work. I wasn't the first to, but I am the only one who has stuck with it. I work in an aluminum foundry doing sand castings and everything there has cancer warnings. I didn't ask if it was ok, but the bosses don't care. I have had to explain to a couple foremen how my "one hitter" as they call it works because they were interested in how it works.

ThreePutt

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
DFW Texas
Yes and no... I work from home, so yes - all the time. I'm an IT consultant, so when I'm at a client's site, I don't, except when I take restroom breaks. And I tend to stealth vape on planes, or at least take it to the lavatory.

The wife works at a construction equipment dealer, where plenty of the staff smokes. She's on a mission to convert them all - about five converted in 2011. She has her own office and openly vapes there. Bums the rest of the smokers when they have to go outside in the cold.

Tycho

Aug 14, 2011
Tabernacle, NJ
I guess being from Jersey my self that I am a bit lucky. I work construction with a lot of smokers. So I am constantly vaping at work. They all think it is funny that I have this big black thing in my mouth all day. I think it is funny that they still spend close to $100 a week for something that burns up and they have to buy more. I can spend around $30.00 for juice and be set for a month.

On the down side, these stainless drip tips can get pretty darn cold when it is 20 degrees out!

Tycho

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
What vaping needs is an exponential spread of what vaping is, how it differs from smoking, and how it is apparently harmless to other people who breathe the air around a vaper. There are exhale tests that show almost no nicotine is in exhaled vapor.

If we all tell a few people, then the expansion of knowledge will reach those who consider it just another offensive habit. 1 tells 2 and the message spreads, 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-128 ... and eventually tens of millions. Everyone knows a smoker. We need for everyone to know a vaper. Advertise the fact that you vape and explain how it's a good thing!

Reports : CASAA.org

Stormiefury

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Wylie, TX
What the heck is stealth vaping? I go outside to vape at work because I'm in home health care and I have to vape outside at school because I'm in a nursing program and they feel that it's EXACTLY the same thing as smoking. Their words not mine. I'm like okay if you say so. I don't like to argue and I don't debate with people I feel like are IGMO's.

Stormie:angel:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Stealth -- just hold the vapor in your lungs a couple extra seconds and almost nothing is visible on the exhale. It works fine if you want to vape a bit in a bathroom or other private area even in a no-smoking location. At most there will be a slight scent (I vape a vanilla tobacco blend, smells like vanilla custard :) )

ThreePutt

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
DFW Texas
Yep. There are two sides to this story. One is the perception that we're not smoking. The other is the smoking cessation side.

To a non-smoker, if it looks something like a cigarette, and we put it to our mouth, and exhale a cloud of vapor, that equals smoking. Regardless of the explanation we can provide, they see it as "smoking". And thus, they categorize it as smoking, and ban it from the workplace, public areas, etc.

Although, from the posts here, many non-smokers are supportive and glad that we're not huffing analogs any further.

The other side falls under the legislative and legal sides, with big interests keeping an eye on it. From the health improvements alone, I'm not sure why it isn't supported more. Patches, gums, and drugs are rarely effective, and yet from nearly everyone on this board, and those that I know personally, we've stopped the analogs from vaping. While true health results aren't in yet, vaping has got to be tons better than smoking the junk found in cigs.

Back to the point of the thread, I vape with discretion, knowing that non-smokers will find it offensive, even though the result doesn't involve second-hand smoke, or accompanying stink.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yes in stealth vaping some use a smaller PV, exhale into their sleeve and have a much lower VG ratio so there's little or no vapor.

What the heck is stealth vaping? I go outside to vape at work because I'm in home health care and I have to vape outside at school because I'm in a nursing program and they feel that it's EXACTLY the same thing as smoking. Their words not mine. I'm like okay if you say so. I don't like to argue and I don't debate with people I feel like are IGMO's.

ThreePutt

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
DFW Texas
Stealth -- just hold the vapor in your lungs a couple extra seconds and almost nothing is visible on the exhale. It works fine if you want to vape a bit in a bathroom or other private area even in a no-smoking location. At most there will be a slight scent (I vape a vanilla tobacco blend, smells like vanilla custard :) )

Definitely something you want to do on an airplane. I might get a laptop to the back of the head if other passengers see "smoke" coming from my seat :)

Stormiefury

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Wylie, TX
Oh I don't know if I wanna do that. I think I will stick to either not vaping when I'm in a place that doesn't allow it or going outside. Seeing as like most have said we aren't sure of the long term effects I don't want to do something that might add to any potential adverse affects. Maybe I'm paranoid or cautious but it's just little ole me. :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread