Do you vape juice from China, or only from USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
this USA supremacy thing is getting annoying ... Alot of people should get over it

Your carto's are coming from China ... Ingredients for juices are coming over form China/Japan ... Alot of stuff is made in China and then rebranded or just on the packacing box -> "Made in USA" ... yeah right. Even juices contains ingredients from China, so does aromas. Alot of juices you so call "Made in USA" are mixed in the USA with stuff coming from China ... Even the nicotine you use for DIY is most likely to come from China ... If you do not want anything from China in your lungs, you might consider stopping vaping ...

You are using products from China, if you like or not.

I do prefer something with products from EU/USA myself, just for the fact we have standards. We make a batch from 1000, we take 5 samples, if this is up to the standard, it gets sold, if it isn't, we throw away the batch. In china if those 5 aren't up to the standards, but "acceptable/working", it gets sold. Thats the difference we have more pride in what we do and have standards to uphold. They just need to sell

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
this USA supremacy thing is getting annoying ... Alot of people should get over it
+1
Your carto's are coming from China ... Ingredients for juices are coming over form China/Japan ... Alot of stuff is made in China and then rebranded or just on the packacing box -> "Made in USA" ... yeah right. Even juices contains ingredients from China, so does aromas. Alot of juices you so call "Made in USA" are mixed in the USA with stuff coming from China ... Even the nicotine you use for DIY is most likely to come from China ... If you do not want anything from China in your lungs, you might consider stopping vaping ...
You are using products from China, if you like or not.
Why must you bash US manufacturers? :rolleyes:

I do prefer something with products from EU/USA myself, just for the fact we have standards. We make a batch from 1000, we take 5 samples, if this is up to the standard, it gets sold, if it isn't, we throw away the batch. In china if those 5 aren't up to the standards, but "acceptable/working", it gets sold. Thats the difference we have more pride in what we do and have standards to uphold. They just need to sell

I can't speak for the EU, but in the US, the standard for too many companies is "acceptable/working". For them, that's just another way to say "within legal limits". Pride was far more common before Wall Street, competitive pressures and the pricing demands of big box retailers became the most important considerations. Now, as they grow, it's as much pride a lot of companies can muster up merely to avoid breaking the law. I prefer to think that my box of breakfast cereal contains no rat hairs. But, I know full well that if the law says 7 per pound is acceptable, few companies have the pride to pull and destroy a batch with 6 hairs per pound. Most of them will be lobbying for fewer inspections, cuts in inspection personnel or an increase from 7 rat hairs to 12. The company that has a zero rat hair tolerance and some pride will throw away the batch. But they'll risk losing money, being forced to raise their prices to compensate, thereby losing the WalMart account, never being courted by Wall Street investors, and being forever restricted to the shelves of Whole Food Stores where the only buyers will be people who drink $9 lattes and eat organic tofu.

The degree of "self regulation" and "voluntary compliance" companies are allowed to practice in either China or the U.S. isn't all that far apart. The history and internal standards of any individual company is a vastly more important factor than the country they operate from.

Last edited:

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
+1

Why must you bash US manufacturers? :rolleyes:

This was not to bash US liquid/vaping material manufacturers, but a general example of all products used (not exlusively limited to vaping products). Alot of stuff just gets rebranded and made in USA/EU, add things into another box and relabelling it happens alot

Anyway I am happy with what I put in my lungs. I guess we do all agree on te same thing, it's better then analogs, no matter where it is coming from

And to be on topic, I vape/vaped juice from USA/China/EU but mostly now doing DIY

Last edited:

cyberous

Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Singapore
DIY ur own liquid? any advise to make the flavour stronger?

This was not to bash US liquid/vaping material manufacturers, but a general example of all products used (not exlusively limited to vaping products). Alot of stuff just gets rebranded and made in USA/EU, add things into another box and relabelling it happens alot

Anyway I am happy with what I put in my lungs. I guess we do all agree on te same thing, it's better then analogs, no matter where it is coming from

And to be on topic, I vape/vaped juice from USA/China/EU but mostly now doing DIY

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Please re-acquaint yourself with the title of this thread. Notice it doesn't say "Why do you risk your life vaping Chinese e-juice?"
It asks the question, "Do you vape juice from China or only from America?"
I read the question accurately, therefore I felt no obligation to defend or instill trust in China. That would not be the rational response.
Instead, I pointed out the simple and obvious fact that no matter what your answer to that question may be, there is a very good chance that you DO vape juice from China, in part or in whole. In effect, I was pointing out that the question is irrelevant. That entailed raising the fact that U.S. juice makers often use Chinese ingredients whether they advertise it or not. It also raised questions as to the meaning of the word "sourced", which I defined accurately. If you take that to be a smear on U.S. juice companies, that is your cross to bear. If that, to you, is raising doubts about American companies, then you have problems that should be addressed elsewhere, perhaps by professionals. Self-medicating is not the best course of action.

Participation in this thread was not restricted to discussion among, or between, hopeless people. I was not tasked with defending China, least of all to hopeless or irrational people.
My remarks were not directed toward the hopeless or the irrational. You decided to answer them of your own volition. So, from now on, assume my remarks are directed only at rational and reasonable people instead of you, and just move on.

Maybe you should jump in a time machine and acquaint yourself with the title of the thread before you jumped in to attack US companies and realize when people say, "I don't vape Chinese juice because ______." they are stating their reason, not trying to sway you or anyone else.
Instead I guess you saw the "only" and decided you needed to knock US juice down a few pegs and for those who have a fear of Chinese juice attempt to scare them away from vaping totally.

You've obviously declared yourself the defender of China and think you do it for the good of vaping everywhere.
As someone who was chased away from vaping by people making claims like yours 3 years ago I speak from experience when I tell you you're going about it all wrong. The thing is 3 years ago it was pretty much true, now it is not. There is no reason anyone in the US who wants to avoid Chinese juice should be discouraged from vaping.

Claiming US companies mix in their bathrooms is most definitely a smear.

Your replies are on an open forum. I am as free to reply to what I want as you are. You are hardly rational with requests like that. At least I'm rational enough to recognize and admit my faults.

then you have problems that should be addressed elsewhere, perhaps by professionals. Self-medicating is not the best course of action.
And BTW, if you dare attack me by questioning my sanity because I've admitted I have Panic Disorder to strangers, I will report it. That is a cheap low blow.
Don't deny it was an attack or I will report it and let a mod decide. You can either apologize or ignore it and not let it happen again.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA

As someone who was chased away from vaping by people making claims like yours 3 years ago I speak from experience when I tell you you're going about it all wrong.

Claiming US companies mix in their bathrooms is most definitely a smear.

Your replies are on an open forum. I am as free to reply to what I want as you are. You are hardly rational with requests like that. At least I'm rational enough to recognize and admit my faults.

And BTW, if you dare attack me by questioning my sanity because I've admitted I have Panic Disorder to strangers, I will report it. That is a cheap low blow.
Don't deny it was an attack or I will report it and let a mod decide. You can either apologize or ignore it and not let it happen again.

No, 3 years ago you were chased away for the same reason you are giving me a hard time now. You misinterpret what people say, get hyper-defensive and fearful. Other people do not have that reaction. Reminding them of the international nature of e-juice is not likely to scare any reasonable, rational person away from vaping, despite your own personal reaction to that information. Other people don't necessarily share your fears. Nor are they impervious to reason. In fact, when they find out that they have likely been vaping Chinese juice all along, they are apt to lose the groundless fears they may have previously held. That's what reasonable and rational people do.

Yes, claiming U.S. companies mix in their bathrooms would be a smear. At last we can agree on something. But what you seem to have difficulty understanding is that I never claimed such a thing is happening, only that it is possible. And it IS possible, given that there is nothing to prevent it. So, I don't know why you would direct that statement at me. Well,...that's not entirely true. I know why you directed it at me. Please try to wrap your head around the concept that by saying a thing is possible, or that there's no way to know if a thing happens or not, one is NOT claiming it is happening or that any particular entity is doing it. If you choose to believe, despite no evidence or logical reason, that something is impossible and doesn't happen, that's fine. If you choose to think that possibility equals certainty or questioning equals accusation, that's fine as well. You are entitled to define your own language and hold whatever belief makes you sleep better. Just don't insist that everyone else adopt your peculiar lexicon or share your beliefs.

As for the rest of it. I apologize that you think I'm questioning your sanity. In light of your statements that your fears have no basis in reality and are not rational, I have no questions about your sanity. I further apologize for irritating you by breaking the universal law that declares you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into. It is my fault for forgetting that. As I said before, any further remarks I make on this subject are not directed at you. Please ignore them.

That said, I admit that I'm curious as to what would compel you to comment on a subject about which you have feelings and thoughts that, admittedly, are not rational. I would think that is something to be reserved for therapy, not an open discussion forum.

BTW, your panic attacks had nothing to do with anything I said, or will say. Your admission that you hold irrational fears and, specifically your expectation that others would share those fears, is what prompted my remarks. And I just apologized for that.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
This was not to bash US liquid/vaping material manufacturers, but a general example of all products used (not exlusively limited to vaping products). Alot of stuff just gets rebranded and made in USA/EU, add things into another box and relabelling it happens alot....

Yes, I know. My remark was meant to be facetious. (note the "roll eyes" smilie). I have been arguing this point since the beginning and it's resulted in me being accused of bashing American companies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
When 2 or more require the last word in order to justify themselves and their agenda, a thread will never end .. IMO, a mod needs to close this one ..

Well, I don't particularly feel like I need to justify myself and I have no agenda. I just don't appreciate being accused of being some kind of Manchurian Vaper or Chinese agent or something. I'd like to not be attacked or have my position distorted and misstated. I haven't done much more than attempt to set the record straight for the last day or so.

I've said all I can say on the subject at hand. I'll be glad not to post in this thread again if it helps any, but I'd appreciate no more attacks on my motivations.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I don't like "broad-brush" condemnation of any group based on the failures of others in non-related endeavors. It would be just as fallacious to state all US based food processing plants are dangerous because a few had poor sanitary conditions.

The last thing we need in the vaping community is posts that question vaping safety without evidence. I would definitely support inspections and testing for safety in any and all facilities. Wild accursations, however, are not helpful. Remember there are more than just people who vape viewing this forum, taking notes and wanting to use any negative comments they can to disparage the vaping community.

sailorman and elf, excellent responses, logical and well constructed.

Myk, as others have stated, you took all of our comments out of context and twisted them to ineffectively attempt to support your opinion that Chinese eliquid is not to be trusted, seeing as you stated you don't trust it. As you well know, my comments on the "fact" that a few US food processing companies caused illnesses due to their unclean enviornment was only to show the fallacy, of using the Chinese pet food problem as reason to call into question the safety of Chinese eliquid. Isolated instances, especially from a completely different industry, do not prove that all ingestable products from those countries are not safe. But you just cherry picked partial comments out of context to try and make a point.

More importantly, no where in all of your long posts did you provide any supporting facts that would lead a rational person to not trust Chinese eliquid. Yet the causual reader, especially a new person, since this is the new member section, could easily read your comments that you don't trust Chinese eliquid and think it must be a dangerous product. And then they learn that a vast majority of all eliquid comes out of China and now they could easily surmise that vaping in general is dangerous.

It's these kind of non-supported comments that we object to. If you can prove with facts that a specific product from a foreign country is not to be trusted, then do so. If you cannot, then statements that specific products from another country are not to be trusted would lead a logical person to believe that the person making that statement is, to some degree, xenophobic.

No, I effectively took your comments in context to show that somehow you think attacking US makers and those who don't trust Chinese liquid is how you should defend Chinese liquid.
Nobody is telling you not to trust Chinese liquid, they are saying that is their reasoning for avoiding it. You can brow beat those people on the internet all you want but that's not going to change their mind. You can raise doubt about US juice companies all you want on the internet and that's not going to change anyone's mind about Chinese juice.

I don't have to prove my reasoning for not trusting Chinese ingestibles to anyone unless I'm telling them to not trust China themselves.

I didn't cherry pick jack squat or take anything out of context. I gave the post numbers so anyone can go read. The only thing I could've done better was to give a link to this thread which you obviously don't need.

In all my long posts I have not told ANYONE to not trust Chinese ANYTHING. Learn to deal with people who don't think exactly like you do.
Anyone who was swayed by what I said has also been swayed to not trust US juice by what you have said.

AGAIN, I DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE A REASON WHY I DON'T TRUST CHINESE INGESTIBLES LET ALONE PROVE MY REASONING WITH FACTS. You are not my dictator.

FYI, look up xenophobia and come up with a word that actually fits not trusting a certain class of products from a certain country.
I typed this on a Japanese computer with my German dogs laying next to me while vaping on my Chinese e-cig while drinking a beer made with English grain. That's hardly xenophobia.

It's obvious there really is no logical, reasoned method to respond to your posts. In essense, you stating that day is night and night is day really prohibits any reasoned response.

I made it clear that I used the limited US food processing problems as an example of the fallacy of your using the Chinese pet food problem in support of "not trusting" Chinese eliquid. Just like using the US food processing issue to "not trust" US food or eliquid processing is a fallacious arguement. I did not attack US eliquid suppliers. And it is also clear from my above post that you did "cherry-pick" comments from my posts and ignored others.

And it is quite obvious you have no means to justify your stance that you don't trust Chinese eliquid. But stating it specifically in the new member section, intentional or otherwise, does influence new people to this forum who have less knowledge about the history of vaping.

This statement of yours, really sumes up all of your posts:

"...... I DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE A REASON WHY I DON'T TRUST CHINESE INGESTIBLES LET ALONE PROVE MY REASONING WITH FACTS."

I just would not use the word "reasoning" as there is no "reason" in your posts or your position. A more accurate characterization of your position would be:

I DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE A REASON WHY I DON'T TRUST CHINESE INGESTIBLES LET ALONE PROVE MY UNREASONABLE FEARS WITH FACTS.

Last edited:

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I've made one juice order from China, and it claimed to be genuine Dekang. It all had a strange taste and smell (maybe the plastic used in the bottle?) I don't know what it was, but I prefer the taste and smell of my USA juices.

Well, that's finally a new and very interesting point.

I was thinking about this exact fact.

I would DEFINITELY buy juice from an established American Dekang re-seller than trying to order from China myself. You never know if you're dealing with the right people there. Among other things, China is the paradise of counterfeit merchandise (see all the Adibas and Dolce&Banana products, and the ProVari pseudo-clone). Actually, this is less valid about juice and more common with equipment. And there are plenty of horror stories about delayed shipping, wrong product shipped, no recourse to return or have your stuff replaced. But there are established American businesses who have been able to set up strong relations with Chinese suppliers and they are the ones I'd trust.

And, as a side, preference for American juice flavors is natural. I think sailorman mentioned that Dekang, for instance, sells all over the world and, as I like to say, they end up satisfying "everynone". American juice mixers try to fit to the preferences of American customers and some of them definitely succeed!

(But, no, Dekang juice should not taste like plastic; something was wrong there)

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I would DEFINITELY buy juice from an established American Dekang re-seller than trying to order from China myself. You never know if you're dealing with the right people there.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, and I was kinda wondering where he bought it.
If purchased through Alibaba or some similar type of website, it is probably a sure bet that it was not Dekang juice.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
D you really think most mom-and-pop American juice mixers even wear masks? Or have actual cleanrooms? Or do they sneeze all over your juice?!

Thanks for posting that. I was going to say that unless you've actually BEEN to the lab where they make Dekang, I'd imagine all anyone has to offer here is a personal opinion with no scientific basis.

I do find it particularly funny though, since most of everything we vape with was invented / made in China, that now people are doing the USA chanting again. :rolls eyes:

Obviously, some here haven't had the *pleasure* of monitoring the food recall list on a daily basis on the US.gov government site. Do that, and your head will spin. I personally look at it once a week before I do any shopping, as I'm truly afraid of being poisioned.

Current recall list:
Current Recalls & Alerts (Open Federal Recall Cases for FSIS)

Archive recall list:
Recall Case Archive, 2012

Then you can hop over to the FDA site for pharmaceticcals and have a look at those, too.

It's just so provincial to think that in a world were there are other highly developed countries that we are the only people on the planet who know how to do anything. :p I don't like thinking that way is all. It seems very sheltered thinking.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The current list in the first link is pretty juicy, and includes many instances of "foreign materials", "listeria", "e-coli", "salmonella" as well as food produced with no inspection that was supposed to be inspected. :) That's in the US, by the way---arkansas, indiana, utah, etc.. :) Food that is produced here and that was in the grocery store.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
And quality control is much less. Remember the melamine the Chinese put into baby formula that killed babies?

I live in the UK and only buy e liquid made in the UK (i.e Decadent Vapours) ... better safe then sorry is the approach that I take.

Can you get cartomizers prefilled with USA e liquid? I would have thought all cartomizers where filled in China where the cost of labour is considerably cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread