The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dual battery squonkers what are the options

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by fifamymaingame, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jfcooley

jfcooley I find your lack of faith disturbing... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That was shared in the Shinyitis thread.
    Looking at the bottle and the dreadful ad on their site, I'll pass.
    Not saying it's bad, just doesn't appeal to me.

2. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
  3. jfcooley

Supporting member
    There lies the rub.
    No word on the board and I haven't seen anyone review it. Proprietary bottle and the ad on the site refers to "Oil refill". Could be a translation error but by now I think the words would be common.
    I'm also put off by the shape. To me it looks uncomfortable and too big.

All that being said, I'd love a review to change my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia

The bottle does give me pause. If it's done right it could be a plus even if it is proprietary, but even money on it turning out to be a leak fest. I'm not troubled by the size since I find the Gbox and the Dripbox 160 to be fine to deal with size-wise. I really like the series bypass mode. I have a Paulybox series unreg squonker, and I find series builds very enjoyable.

All in all, it's interesting enough to keep a close eye on; not so interested that I'd risk a $100 pre-order on an unknown (to me at least) board and manufacturer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jfcooley

Supporting member
    I agree. Give it a month or two after it's released and you'll find it cheaper.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    agree wholeheartedly. I will be waiting for reviews from reviewers that know what a good TC vape is, and then waiting on real world forum reviews about the refilling, in hand feel, etc. I am set with my 2 x rsq, 2 x pulse and 1 x athena mechs for now until the pulse 80w comes out at the very least.

My single battery squonks are doing me fine right now. All of my dual/triple battery non-squonk mods are all retired to the stash or being used as a coil building stand. The RSQ's are giving me a great TC vape with .35 ohm tri core fused claptons in 22mm single coil rda's and if I want a bigger hit I just grab one of the mechs that have 24mm RDA single coils built lower ohms.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    With squonking becoming more popular, I think we'll see more and more regulated squonkers and more choices for dual regulated this year. I really want to see more dual regulated choices that don't cost and arm and leg.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yaroon

Yaroon Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2017
    single battery mods/squonkers,.. is it really that useful? Being on the road most part of the day, if i'd had to choose between single or at at least triple batt mod, i'd choose the triple

I never used a squonker but im highly interested in getting one (because i got myself the Drop RDA..wow,.. and im tired of dripping on it constantly) but i just dont know which one..
    Gbox? nasty bottle, bad metal rod
    Capo? weird bottle, bad comments and review.

U guys all carry multiple sets of batteries on the desired single-batt-squonkmod?

9. jfcooley

Supporting member
    With my dot mod I carry 1 20700 with me, rarely need it in an 8hr day. With the Therion I carry an extra but can charge through USB if needed.

Carrying 1 extra battery isn't an issue. Rarely need it until late in day going through 24ish ml at around 70watts mech, same with 50-55w on the Therion.

10. Yaroon

Yaroon Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2017
  11. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Just take 2 spare
    avidvape? Who The Eff is that? thx but no thx

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. eGoisti

eGoisti Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2012
    Finland
    Oops, wrong thread :)

13. Blueraider11

Blueraider11 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Cane Ridge, TN, USA
    Well I pre-ordered a Capo 216 kit from Fasttech and a rebuild deck for $58.50. iwepal chip says it does 8 volts so on my builds I will get plenty of power. I do not expect it to work that well on TC but I do not use it for that. Should be better than the 'CRAPO 100' LOL!:smokie::matrix:

14. scooterstew71

scooterstew71 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2016
    The Dovpo Armour is a nice semi regulated 2x18650 squonker... small... all the right protections... good capacity bottle thats silicone... its well made and the rda that comes with it is good quality too... certainly worth a look... I use mine alot.... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. eGoisti

eGoisti Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2012
    Finland
    Its good to have Drone:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018
    wanted preorder but they have no shipping date till now ....

17. Blueraider11

Blueraider11 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Cane Ridge, TN, USA
    Yeah like a lot of pre-orders china keeps changing the 'eta'. I guess for the price I can wait. I think no one in China went back to work yet! :) :vapor:

18. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018
    i just get my self gbox 200 from my local vape auction site ..... usd 26 i can't resist :p
    gbox will be my second regulator squonk ...

19. Puneet Sharma

Puneet Sharma Full Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Apart from being big and clunky I’ve no complaints against my gbox. Goes strong for whole day and hits hard too. For Squonking it’s my number one choice amongst poco squeeze, kt drip 160 and a single 18650 squonk mech that I have.

20. MadTemp

MadTemp Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2015
    Any word on the TC performance yet? It's $66 at slowtech. $54 at 2fdeal. 54$ seems like a decent deal for the rage by desire. Wouldn't pay over $66 tho, I'll report on the TC after I get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.