Dual micro coil build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoberSnyper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Maurice, La.
none of those laws has anything to do with what coils are named, they are called what they are called, science has nothing to do with it

You sir need a serious lesson in basic electrical theory. A dual parallel coil is a quad coil, a single parallel coil is a dual coil, do you want me tell you what a quad parallel coil is? Since you have the picture and all.:D

smgrundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
www.vaporality.com
i don't care what they are scientifically called, call them whatever, but don't pay someone to build something when you are expecting something else.

You really should care what they are "scientifically" (read=electrically) called, especially if you are going to use them. The coils you have been speaking about in a thread that was started by an inexperienced builder (regardless of how many coils he's built), are advanced, and simply giving "street names" without proper definitions of what they _ACTUALLY_ are so that a new user can understand them in a functional way, is confusing and somewhat misleading.

Just because someone on youtube called a coil a "stovetop" doesn't mean that's what it's now known as. One stovetop coil is nothing more than a single coil, just twisted a different way, and that's how a new builder should understand it. The spaced out coils that are typically used when wrapping a stainless steel mesh wick are no different, electrically, from a microcoil, or a stovetop coil, or a nano-coil, or a hurricane coil, or a single vertical coil, or a diamond coil, or anything else that use a SINGLE COIL.

You can call it whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that it's a single coil, and they should be approached, handled and evaluated by what they are, not what they're called. I believe that's what people are trying to explain to you.

How the subject of paying someone to build a coil for you is relevant, I have no idea, but the OP wanted help with building his own, so he should understand the principles of how it all works on a basic level, not a list of street names for coil shapes.

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
Now that's funny
All im saying in the previous posts that no one understood was that if you call a parallel coil a parallel coil then that refers to a two wire coil on one side, electrically it could also refer to two separate single wire coils, but i am using street or layman's terms, if you look up a dual coil on google or ask someone to build it they will build this 7xOoh4O.jpg
if you look up a parallel coil or ask someone to build that they will build this 20140317_220132.jpg

I understand that if you use the same amount of wraps they will equal out in ohms, but i am just using terms that normal people who don't have engineering degrees, or people that are new to vaping will understand.
Please stop being .... about this,we are both technically right.
all i want to know is if mikey is satisfied with the coil he built and if he checked the ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread