Dual micro coil build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
What is a "Pro Builder"? How does one receive this achievement and What are his/her credentials? Where is the governing body over coil builds and appropriate names?

coils are resistors, resistors and electrical theory was developed looong before the e-cig atomizer. Parallel resistors are called parallel regardless of there position within the circuit. They can be next to each other or they can be across from each other they are still called parallel.
Someone who gets paid to do building in a vape shop is a pro builder because that is how he makes money. like a pro surfer or a pro baseball player gets payed to surf or play baseball.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
bunny what build r u running on right now? and could u post a pic?

which atty?
kayfun 3.1 1.8 single coil 28 ga
RSST 2.4 single 28 ga
Tobh little .4 dual singles 24 ga parallel
Tobh 30mm .6 dual 24 ga parallel
Stillair .5 dual singles 28 ga. parallel
Magma .8 dual singles 28 ga.parallel
Catapillar .9 single 30 ga.
Heron 1.4 single 30 ga.
R91% 1.6 single 28 ga.

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
which atty?
kayfun 3.1 1.8 single coil 28 ga
RSST 2.4 single 28 ga
Tobh little .4 dual singles 24 ga parallel
Tobh 30mm .6 dual 24 ga parallel
Stillair .5 dual singles 28 ga. parallel
Magma .8 dual singles 28 ga.parallel
Catapillar .9 single 30 ga.
Heron 1.4 single 30 ga.
R91% 1.6 single 28 ga.

You have lots of builds.

On your tobh turn the middle tube upside down so the logo is upside down, what this does is it brings the air holes higher and it allows for a little extra juice in the well, no leaks no problems, it is like a night and day difference
just try it and see the difference

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
You have lots of builds.

On your tobh turn the middle tube upside down so the logo is upside down, what this does is it brings the air holes higher and it allows for a little extra juice in the well, no leaks no problems, it is like a night and day difference
just try it and see the difference

thats an old trick been there done that :)
even removed the tabs too

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
First, im not a noob and i am aware of all this talk and i know what every last one of you guys are talking about. My initial question was what roughly the ohms should come in at. I never said i was going to fire it, i never said i didnt have the knowledge nor the brains to do so. I know how electricity works.
we arn't saying you don't, we are suggesting you get an ohm reader and find out for yourself because there is no way we could figure out what ohms your build is

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Someone who gets paid to do building in a vape shop is a pro builder because that is how he makes money. like a pro surfer or a pro baseball player gets payed to surf or play baseball.

So is the hamburger guy at McDonalds a professional burger maker? Is the gas station attendant that puts gas in your car a professional filler upper? There's is much more to professional than a paycheck.

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
So is the hamburger guy at McDonalds a professional burger maker? Is the gas station attendant that puts gas in your car a professional filler upper? There's is much more to professional than a paycheck.

It is a term that builders in all the shops i've been to like to be called. And there are building competitions that people compete at and win cash prizes, just like pro surfing competitions. there are sponsored builders at those competitions too.

smgrundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
www.vaporality.com
I recently built a dual micro coil with 8 wraps each. I used 26 gauge kanthal on a 1/16 drill bit. First question is, is that ok? Im new to this stuff and im just curious. Number two, what ohms should this be coming in at? Thank you for the help!

I've outlined the part above where you stated you were new. Now you are saying you have done 30 coils. If you have built 30 coils, I would have assumed (read=hoped) that you would have had the proper equipment by now, i.e. the ohm reader. Have you built your previous 30 coils without one or are you relying on the MVP as your ohm reader? If so, your current "ohm meter" is reading your coil as a short.

Regardless, based on your original question quoted above, you ARE NEW to this. If you've built 30 coils or 3000 coils and you're still asking these questions then you are in fact new. My original advice still holds true. Get an ohm reader (something accurate), and start building higher ohm coils until you are comfortable with everything, then step down gradually from there.

Your MVP is reading your current coil as 0.0, or in other words, a dead short. Without knowing for sure what your actual resistance is on THAT coil, putting it on a mod is unsafe and irresponsible, but it's ultimately for you to decide.

Would like to keep helping but this thread has apparently been hijacked (lol) and quite honestly we're now at the point now where we are arguing as to whether or not it's intelligent to vape a shorted coil. It's not. The only ohm reader you have says it's a short, so until you get a proper meter to prove otherwise, I would strongly advise you to treat it as a short.

Now....football is on :)

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread