e cigrattes the mist casue acne on face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
haha this is a funny thread... our dear fish here is a post count warrior....

and btw fish... take it easy man... treat the e-cig like a real cigarette... dun over use it.....

and i've checked a few flavouring extracts i have at home liao but the manufacturer did not indicate the ingredients.... if i'm not wrong what you need to look for in the ingredients is: propylene glycol, water, flavouring..... NO OIL.... if i'm not wrong....

let me know if you find any..
:D:oops:;)what I know just two stuffs can ...as bob mention ,
for my case I can without nicotine ...cos I want to have that strong flavours

just food flavouring as u mention the ingredients contain propylene glycol , water , flavouring .

next + vegetable glycerine

yup oil base better don;t use

use water-alcohol base also can

I am not a supermaket dude...keep me info which supermarket got

if u also happen to find ;)

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
Mcscoker and bob
mind to add on

in sg got sell vegetable glycerine ??

so

vegetable glycerine also have to make sure is not oil base?
but I see vegetable glycerine seem like made from palm oil??

"Vegetable Glycerine has a rich oily texture, but is water soluble. Because it is derived entirely from vegetable oil, it is hypoallergenic and safe for all cosmetic purposes. Vegetable Glycerine moisturizes and cleanses skin, has emollient and lubricating properties, is a humactant, and has hygroscopic properties, which means it actually attracts moisture from surrounding sources. NOW brand vegetable glycerine is pure enough to be taken internally. "

since oil flavours have to avoid those with oil
but so vegatable Glycerine ??seem like naturally is contain oil

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
VG and PG, which liquid makers now use, are variously classified as oils or alcohols. Both of them feel slick when you rub some with your fingers. But each breaks down inside your body to a harmless substance that you absorb and excrete. They don't create a permanent problem inside your lungs, like cigarette tars do!

Both are what are called humectants, which means they attract moisture to themselves. That's why they sometimes dry out your throat. People who prefer VG have reported side effects of using a PG-based liquid. At this time, you don't need to worry about either!

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
VG and PG, which liquid makers now use, are variously classified as oils or alcohols. Both of them feel slick when you rub some with your fingers. But each breaks down inside your body to a harmless substance that you absorb and excrete. They don't create a permanent problem inside your lungs, like cigarette tars do!

Both are what are called humectants, which means they attract moisture to themselves. That's why they sometimes dry out your throat. People who prefer VG have reported side effects of using a PG-based liquid. At this time, you don't need to worry about either!

hmm I see so all overall intensvie using it will not gain weight?I am a gym freak sometime .altought I smoke is not healthy either...

okie as I meantion VG is actually made from oil?
seem you mention avoid oil base..type of flavours

best is avoid OIL cos it will ruin the atomiser.

I going to try after my cart finish ..becos I feel I need sometime strong in flavour instead nicotine..maybe I am weird here

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This reminds me, sometimes, of a famous comedian duo's routine, "Who's on First."

Anyhow, VG is not oil. PG is not oil. You might see them called that, but they're not. There's a very fancy word for them, but it would further confuse the issue. They are both used in all commercial e-liquids that I know of, with PG being the main ingredient.

Gain weight? Where'd that come from? Nothing we do with e-smoking will make you gain weight. Being lazy and overeating will. Calories in, calories out. E-vapor does not have calories. If anything, the nicotine's impact on your body will cause a weight loss, but very, very slight. Gaining weight is not a worry for you. Continue your gym work. Bet the place is crawling with babes and that's why you like it!

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
This reminds me, sometimes, of a famous comedian duo's routine, "Who's on First."

Anyhow, VG is not oil. PG is not oil. You might see them called that, but they're not. There's a very fancy word for them, but it would further confuse the issue. They are both used in all commercial e-liquids that I know of, with PG being the main ingredient.

Gain weight? Where'd that come from? Nothing we do with e-smoking will make you gain weight. Being lazy and overeating will. Calories in, calories out. E-vapor does not have calories. If anything, the nicotine's impact on your body will cause a weight loss, but very, very slight. Gaining weight is not a worry for you. Continue your gym work. Bet the place is crawling with babes and that's why you like it!

;)bob because , after using my nictoine cart finish , I plan to smoke strong flavours..smoke...I like my nose fill with strong menthol ect.

so do guide me ..carefully I don;t want to ruin my atomiser....:(

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
;)bob because , after using my nictoine cart finish , I plan to smoke strong flavours..smoke...I like my nose fill with strong menthol ect.

so do guide me ..carefully I don;t want to ruin my atomiser....:(

Easy to do Menthol flavors on your own(and 2 times stronger than those provided)...if you want to know....:evil:

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Hey doc, how you been?

I would like to know how to do "Menthol" flavors.

Hi Rachel....I am fine here (after that roller coaster ride by my govt)..hehehe.....

Menthol easy to do....get some Menthol crystals shards(the ones they sell in Pharmacies for flu treatment)....very little is required....dilute it in hot water(only with hot water, can't melt with cold or room temp water)....mix it quickly before it turn cold(recrystalisation will occur) to PG solution or e-liquids..it depends on how strong you want it to be so experiment till you get the right strength....gotta go now, I'll be back in a while...

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I read it. Thing is, I never liked menthol much! I've heard of those crystals being used by snuff sniffers to strengthen the hit of menthol in the nose. The tobacco absorbs the menthol somehow.

I'll have to check my pharmacy to see if they stock these.

As I write this, I'm watching homebrew liquid filter through a medium fine paper lab filter. Slooooow. It will take all night to filter one funnel of brewed liquid. And it sure doesn't come out as clear as I thought it would. Still dark brown (but smells great).

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
I'm not a menthol user either, but I do add a little to my e-liquid to change the taste or add more flavor to it. It gives my e-liquid a little kick. I mostly use the menthol to boost the light or regular e-liquid from e-cig.

Where did you get your lab filter? I'm still looking. What tobacco did you use this time?

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
Hi Rachel....I am fine here (after that roller coaster ride by my govt)..hehehe.....

Menthol easy to do....get some Menthol crystals shards(the ones they sell in Pharmacies for flu treatment)....very little is required....dilute it in hot water(only with hot water, can't melt with cold or room temp water)....mix it quickly before it turn cold(recrystalisation will occur) to PG solution or e-liquids..it depends on how strong you want it to be so experiment till you get the right strength....gotta go now, I'll be back in a while...

:oops: wow but I don;t wanna try heating yet

just concentrate bob mention of flavours mixing with VG

okie after finish my cart I will ask bob in details how to and scout for flavours and VG :oops:

but I was too anxious to try also ..
because this weekend I might go past supermarket and find

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Rachel: Wife works as assistant to a college president, so I knew the college would have the filters. The things cost pennies in huge quantities. So they gave her a packet to bring home to me. I used liquid I've had refrigerated since the last batch of pipe tobacco was cooked. I put the liquid through three filtrations, until there were no further particulates to remove. But it's still dark brown. My thinking was I'd end up something almost clear. Oh well, I'll use some as is and will distill some to clear it up.

I knew I was allergic to PG before I started vaping.. but tried to make my body adjust to it... didn't get better.. got worse. When I used to go to clubs with smoke machines a lot (and work at them) I would break out with acne frequently. I STILL have scars from it. It did happen from vaping PG also. I am on VG now (finally found some flavors I like)and I am fine. No more pimples.. no more hives :) Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread