e cigrattes the mist casue acne on face?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jason,

There are lots of myths about them yes, a bit like this one from your website...

What is the smoke that is released from an electronic cigarette?

When you smoke an electronic cigarette what you inhale is actually water vapor and not smoke.

:shock:

One of the side effects of an allergy to PG can be a rash of spots. I use glycerine (VG) anyway as that's what I can get relatively easily here.

It's certainly an excellent alternative to PG (loads of vapour) and well worth a try for anyone getting spotty. The thought of getting spots again at my age is to horrible to contemplate!

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Stopping with tobacco (or reducing it greatly) causes lots of things you have to go through (cleaning yourself and your body). Bumps and pimples and worse acné does seem to be part of that from what I have understood - just like any allergy you have can get worse the first 6 months or so after stopping smoking tobacco.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
I have sensitive skin and was told by dermatologist to use Cetaphil facial cleanser, supposedly non-irritating. I've been using it for 20 years. One of the top ingredients is PG. I was surprised to see this since people report skin problems from PG. Confusing.
If you're talking about folks on this forum, not really. There is a difference between putting it on the skin and inhaling it.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
I was thinking that exhaled PG "mist" (2nd hand PG) landing on one's face might be similar to skin contact.
Nothing to be sorry for Jenny, that's a really good point, one I missed. Thanks for adding it to the arsenal!

I picked out a shelter cat for a friend, she named it Jennyanydots... that lovely jellicle cat. :)

Ray111

Dec 30, 2008
Hi, I've stopped smoking for 10 months now, the same amount of time I've been on the electronic cig.

I have had severe achne the whole time, the only time it has gone away is if I've stopped the electronic cig, when I start again it appears, when i stop again it goes away, when i start again spots apear again.

I use the highest strength wicked liquid. Has anyone got any tips to make them stop whistle continuing to smoke electronic cigs?

Oh yeh, I'm 30 years old now and have not had acne since my teens before this.

jimmieu

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2009
:confused:weird I recently noticed acne suddenly appear since I e smoke

of cos occasionally real smoking

before e smoke my acne problem is under control face is arite

but recenlty noticed begin to e smoke my face seem got acne come out

maybe I not suitable to e smoke?

next I constantly puffing e smoke also that why too much vapour touch my face cause it??
Im with You. I am 39 and I never had zits or skin problems befor, now I do. I have been vaping over 4 months. I tried changing soaps and went to the doctor. No help. I hope the acne goes away soon.:(
Ill take the puss filled zits over lung cancer any day.

Last edited:

xCamelUser

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Jersey Shore
www.rjponzio.com
Im having the same problem, over the last few weeks it's been worse. Don't remember having acne this bad in my teens.

Other facts:

- It's been 2 months since I quit smoking/started vaping.
- This is now the longest I have been without a cigarette in 15 years.
- I am mainly using JC reduced PG formula, so my juice is both VG & PG.

I have 3 possible ideas:

- My fingers get really oily when filling my cart and dropper bottle for the day. Even after wiping it off, it still feels oily. I have a habbit of touching or scratching my face from time to time.
- The mist from blowing out vapor seems like a culprit also. No scientific evidence here, just my own hunch when I watch the vapor come near my face. (This may just be my own paranoia)
- I am vaping more nicotine than when I started 2 months ago, it's also more than when I was smoking. I am at between 1.5ml and 2ml/day of 24mg where I used to smoke 1 pack/day of regulars.

This is all just my $.02

xCamelUser

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Jersey Shore
www.rjponzio.com
I only wanted to mention this info so others would know they are not alone.

Still not sure if it is the lack of tobacco/smoke, the presence of liquid/vapor, or both that cause this. But I do know, it is happening to certain people.

It probably goes away in time, at least that's what I am hoping.

When I searched the forums, I found more info on this over in the Woman's Room but I am not allowed to post in there...

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I have started E-Smoking and I have gotten a lot of acne since starting.... It makes me want to go back to real smoking cause i hate zits!! :mad:

Quitting analogs can certainly make you break out because of the detoxification and hormonal changes the body goes through. It should be temporary, but I don't know how long it lasts on average.

Can nicotine cause memory loss or make you twitch ? lolz

That sounds more like a lack of nicotine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread