Eastmall Advertisement ...check it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I'm sure Di won't admit it but that's a picture of her sister in the advertisement. Di has always been jealous of her.

hahaha

yes darrel

you are right,

but she is older,

and she quit modelling before I did, -- and I was better - hahaha

her boobs are down around her ankles now-- mine are only at my knees -- lol hahahahahahaha 8-o

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaa :laugh:

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
The add is better than what I can do. :D I do agree that sex sells, but it is all about the way it is presented. Sex can portray be cheapness also, and I think it is very difficult to find the correct balance. :p If not presented in exactly the correct subtle way, sex can also offend certain groups of people.

This one is a bit busy and over the top and lacks classy sexiness. :closedeyes:

Sorry you asked Rick. :oops:

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
The add is better than what I can do. :D I do agree that sex sells, but it is all about the way it is presented. Sex can portray be cheapness also, and I think it is very difficult to find the correct balance. :p If not presented in exactly the correct subtle way, sex can also offend certain groups of people.

This one is a bit busy and over the top and lacks classy sexiness. :closedeyes:

Sorry you asked Rick. :oops:
That's absolutely! ok Bart, I'm not gonna have a cow man :p lol

some like it and some don't ..we all have are own individual tastes

But thanks for your comments mate:)~Rick

J-ShaZzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
South NJ
www.facebook.com
I'm not saying I hate the add or anything. I just have my own unique perspective when it comes to design/artwork. I absolutely love clean and simple. It may come off basic or boring, but that simplicity just wins me over.

There will always be good and bad things about any piece, but as long as your satisfied and constantly improving your technique...then don't worry about it.

Of course the client is always right, lol.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Understand that I don't mean to be snide, or critical for the sake of being critical; but my impression is similar to frisco's. It reminds me of slick, attention-seeking-at-any-cost ads I've seen in underground newspapers for Nevada bordellos.

I suppose it's a question of who it reaches, and for what reason. That a self-righteous, brain-dead, anti-smoking warrior--who sees no distinction between smoking and vaping--might see in it the sort of sleazy vaper mentality they've pre-conceived anyway doesn't bother me in the least.

That it might wind up in a senate hearing, displayed as evidence for the prosecution does bother me.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Tell us how you really feel PoliticallyIncorrect? Lol

while i just smell a troll, nether the less i thank you for your PoliticallyIncorrect comments ;)

(pardon the pun)

And i think the distinction between e-cigarettes and fags are evident because of the fact that vaping isn't even close! to smoking and/or inhaling over 400 deadly carcinogens and if anybody on capital hill can not distinguish the difference between the two then i would fathom to think that they are some what brain-dead themselves.

And your opinion on my Advertisement is an opinion you have every right to have and again its very much appreciated anyway :)~Rick

Last edited:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Tell us how you really feel PoliticallyIncorrect?...i thank you for your PoliticallyIncorrect comments (pardon the pun)

Uh oh. Looks like the underground newspaper/Nevada bordello-tipped arrow I aimed at your mind struck your ego instead--my bad. But being an artist, you should appreciate an attempt to express an idea by means of painting a picture with words, even if my aim was faulty.

...i think the distinction between e-cigarettes and fags are evident because of the fact that vaping isn't even close! to smoking...

Of course not. Not a point at issue here.

...if anybody on capital hill can not distinguish the difference between the two then i would fathom to think that they are some what brain-dead themselves.

Here's the thing: it doesn't matter.

Whether congressmen or senators are personally informed, are able to see the night-and-day distinction and weigh with wisdom and foresight the unhealthy consequences of banning PVs is quite irrelevant. They will make a decision to do so or not based foursquare on political expediency.

Yes, that means contributions from tobacco and pharmaceutical lobbyists, if you want to get conspiratorial about it. But said contributions mean healthy campaign war chests, which means votes--which means re-election. Which is, ultimately, the sole criteria around which their decisions on the fate of e-cigarettes will swing.

Your advertisement is a work of art, without question. My problem with it has nothing to do with your obvious skill--it's your judgement in totality, of seeing the larger picture.

We've got an image problem--youself, myself and everyone who isn't ingesting carcinogens because they are ingesting propylene glycol laced with a trace amount of naturally-occuring nicotine. That image is one of a rogue, underground subculture populated by a sex/drugs/rock&roll mob running renegade with dangerous chemicals.

What we're up against is sheer ignorance of who we are and what we are. And my fear is that the effect of your ad will be swallowed up by the ignorant in our midst so as to nourish their false perceptions and knee-jerk prejudices.

And they, in numbers much greater than ours, will elect--or see to the re-election--of the guys that make the choices that matter. In defiance of contradictory evidence? Yes. In defiance of personal freedom? Hell, yes.

...i just smell a troll...

If so, you're mis-identifying the aroma of my menthol & clove e-juice considerably.

Last edited:

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Uh oh. Looks like the underground newspaper/Nevada bordello-tipped arrow I aimed at your mind struck your ego instead--my bad. But being an artist, you should appreciate an attempt to express an idea by means of painting a picture with words, even if my aim was faulty.
Pardon me for saying so but using all these clever and intellectual words is unimpressive and simply unnecessary, just talk in plain speak, we don't need intellect in this situation but instead we definitely need more common sense injected into this ...would you prefer plain ordinary illustrations on the Ads and tee shirts?, and if so then thats your preference ...some will agree with you and from the great feedback i have received so far some will not. . . . But i doubt congess will win on the argument of whether one Ricky on ECF did a semi provocative E-cig Ad or not ..its just not worthy an argument for the powers that be to make ...and thus if that's what they use to make there case then they have already lost.

we need common sense to prevail here not clever double talk and intellectual speak ..Please take no offence from what i just said
..its just how i see it

Here's the thing: it doesn't matter.

Whether congressmen or senators are personally informed, are able to see the night-and-day distinction and weigh with wisdom and foresight the unhealthy consequences of banning PVs is quite irrelevant. They will make a decision to do so or not based foursquare on political expediency.

Yes, that means contributions from tobacco and pharmaceutical lobbyists, if you want to get conspiratorial about it. But said contributions mean healthy campaign war chests, which means votes--which means re-election. Which is, ultimately, the sole criteria around which their decisions on the fate of e-cigarettes will swing.
of course! it matters, E-cigarettes are far! less dangerous than cigarettes, its a plain and simple fact, All congress are worried about is losing the almighty dollar on tax revenue for tobacco because of e-cigs, and knowing this fact leaves me to believe that they will fail in the end whether or not my or anybody elses e-cig advertisements have a sexy woman on it or not! ..for all those uneducated and ill-informed people on capital hill trying to stop are personal vaporizers there are an equal amount of factually armed individuals fighting for them and more importantly US! ..i believe we will over come all this in the end when the actual facts! are all out on the table.

Your advertisement is a work of art, without question. My problem with it has nothing to do with your obvious skill--it's your judgement in totality, of seeing the larger picture.
Well thats one hell of a compliment and i accept it :) ..I'm not being cocky so please don't missunderstand but i am not very good at many things in this world but as far as artistically goes i have found my niech ....but boring old Ad's i just can not do ...so why try when what i believe i am doing is on the side of something worthy ...I am Advertising e-cigarettes and not cigarettes ...it's actually those people who sell and advertise fags that should be the ones that are ashamed of themselves, praying on those weak willed addicted people and killing them at the same time ...e-cigarettes have changed all of that and i feel my morals are still intact unlike some.

We've got an image problem--youself, myself and everyone who isn't ingesting carcinogens because they are ingesting propylene glycol laced with a trace amount of naturally-occuring nicotine. That image is one of a rogue, underground subculture populated by a sex/drugs/rock&roll mob running renegade with dangerous chemicals.

What we're up against is sheer ignorance of who we are and what we are. And my fear is that the effect of your ad will be swallowed up by the ignorant in our midst so as to nourish their false perceptions and knee-jerk prejudices.

And they, in numbers much greater than ours, will elect--or see to the re-election--of the guys that make the choices that matter. In defiance of contradictory evidence? Yes. In defiance of personal freedom? Hell, yes.
propylene glycol from all accounts and from recent study's have shown propylene glycol to have some health benefits, (fights colds, virus and other elelments) from what i read anyway, it helps your immune system, I'm pretty sure thats what i read, and in time as the e-cigarette progress's e-liquids will become even more advanced and safer, which in turn counters the claims of those on capital hill some what ..further studies are still being done but things look good so far ..and if it is found that e-liquids are harmful to a near or greater extent than cigarettes then i will no longer Advertisement the product. its that simple

If so, you're mis-identifying the aroma of my menthol & clove e-juice considerably.

I'm not sure what you mean by this comment :confused: lol but i think i get the gist ...If i am wrong and your no troll which it seemed you were at first then i apologize

Lets just try not to be so uptight, thats all i am saying, e-cigarettes will over come and prevail in the end, I'm sure of it ( the alternative is just not acceptable) and i truely believe the powers that be will realize this in the end and just tax are personal vaporizes and be done with all of this rubbish :)~Rick

Last edited:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Pardon me for saying so but using all these clever and interlingual words is unimpressive and simply unnecessary, just talk in plain speak, we don't need intellect in this situation but instead we definitely need more common sense injected into this

I speak and write using whatever words come to mind. Worse yet, I type with one finger. With that sort of handicap, it doesn't seem wise to slow the process further by intentionally throwing my available word choice out simply to affect a style I don't possess. I'll make a deal with you: you suffer through the means I have at hand with words, and I'll do the same with your style of graphic art. I'd say we'd be making roughly an equal sacrifice.

But I disagree that we don't need intellect. We need the best tool at our disposal, and that's our grey matter. We may not need clever double-speak, but we need very smart attorneys, very clever oraters and public-relation professionals and chemists and doctors. It's a war of attitudes, and hearts and minds; Common sense is one of those hopelessly subjective points of view that are only common to the user of the term--and to all those that happen to agree with the him or her (to the opposition, for instance, it's common sense that PVs are drug-delivery devices, and as such should be regulated). It's a meaningless cliche otherwise, and simple-minded cliches will get us nowhere against a far larger opposition than we can claim in raw numbers.

of course! it matters, E-cigarettes are far! less dangerous than cigarettes, its a plain and simple fact

You misunderstood my point. It doesn't matter how safe e-cigarettes are vis-a-vis analogs if their users are such a tiny minority that they can be safely and expediently ignored. If the powers-that-be stand to gain everything by banning them--or losing everything by allowing us our will and rights--then we can kiss our will and rights goodbye.

...All congress are worried about is losing the almighty dollar on taxes because of e-cigs, and noing this fact leaves me to believe that they will fail in the end...

Search yourself for a moment. Do you really, in your heart of hears, believe that the irresistable weight of opposition will fail because of your pointing out the cigarette-tax motive? Don't you see a monumental contradiction in the millions spent in government-funded anti-smoking advertising every year when they, as you see it, are opposed to e-smoking simply because that cash cow is threatened? Do you really believe that adds up to
common sense
?

e-cigarettes will over come and prevail in the end, I'm sure of it

I do surely hope you're right. I can't share your optimism, but I'll happily be the first to admit I was wrong on the day I prove to be.

blkeyedszn

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
USA
No offense meant, but if you are looking for honest feedback I have some. I think this ad is way too busy. There is a lot going on yet their is no real hierarchy. The fonts are hard to read, you should be using a serif or sans serif font versus a script for the item and pricing info. A script font should really only be used as a headline in this case. Also as a general rule you never really want to use more than two different fonts in a design. Stick with one font for a headline and one for body copy. You can get away with a third for call-outs and what not, but any more than that is really pushing it. You also have some items that are not proportionate which is another big no-no in design. Also, you want to make sure things line up and that your margins are consistent. Overall there is just way too much going on and it's fine for an amateur designer, but it doesn't work on a professional level. Again, not trying to be harsh, just trying to help.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
It looks tacky. Way too much going on in the graphic and the cut outs were done poorly. I guess it's an attention grabber if that's all you were going for, but other than that it's messy and cluttery looking. Too many different fonts, and comic sans is kind of an unprofessional font. The ad reminds me of one of those "YOU JUST WON!!!" ads. Just my honest opinion.

Also- why is there vapor coming out of the girls hand? Is that supposed to be coming from the mouth end of the e-cig?

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Ok good-night PoliticallyIncorrect, your fingers must be knacked lol ...You kidda went off on a tangent and said things which had less to do with e-cigarettes and more to do with something else which i couldn't figure out :facepalm: but anyway, We will have to just agree to disagree ...i'll leave it at that ...night

----------------------------------------------------

Yes blkeyedszn a little harsh and insulting, but still constructive ..thanks for the pointers

~From this greatful amateur:)~Rick

-----------------------------------------------------

Ummm, how exactly is eastmall going to get into trouble for using trademarked names of other companies? what names and companies do you allude to exactly? :confused:

------------------------------------------------------

another critic, lucky i have such a tough exterior otherwise i'd be mortally injured by now by all these expert opinions :blush: Lol ...but i guess i did ask for it ..oh deary me

the "vapor" is coming from the .... end (mouth piece) of the e-cig, yep! your correct Xanax ....its just a picture, don't look to much into it ...just either enjoy it or don't

-----------------------------------------------------

But the ones that gave the actual constructive criticisms, I tank koo :) ..and i'll take them into account and work on it:)~Rick

Last edited:

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Sorry I did not mean to insult you. Honestly I was just trying to give advice that would help the design. I didn't realize you did this professionally so I do apologize.
Its all good blkeyedszn, don't worry about it ...i don't mind constructive advice at all but some people on here go over the top.

actually i just read over your post again, it wasn't that bad actually ....I probably could have spent a little more time on the Ad to be honest inorder to get it right but some times i just can't be stuffed, TV is a big distraction and i was happy enough with it lol

and again, its all good :)~Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread