Eleaf iStick : part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    No, I heard the opposite. The 20mini is just like the 20 and the 10 just shows Voltage. :)

On my 20, I dealt OK with the threads and pin just by using the adapter, but I got where I couldn't deal with the Mean, or it got worse.
    The 30 is sooo smooth and consistant.

IMRs

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    Penn's woods
    On my 20, I dealt OK with the threads and pin just by using the adapter, but I got where I couldn't deal with the Mean, or it got worse.
    The 30 is sooo smooth and consistant.
    I went total opposite. Ever since I started using the iStick, I have to switch my other mods to Mean because I've adapted to their settings. Don't know why, but I can't find a sweet spot with the normal RMS now. :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Sooner or later I'll have to try out the 30. I hear all good news about it. :)
    You wanted to know about the Sigelei mini 30W. Well is is an excellent little box with lots of corners, would have been cool if they rounded the battery side but you get used to it. I popped a MXJO 18650 in it and have been using it since it arrived the other day, it's driving all my tanks with ease. The Silverplay I have been running at 40W so I use it on the IPV2s, mostly running it at 20-25W with the FeV, Rose and Origenny.

The fire button is on the opposite side compared to the iSitcks, so you have to remember to flip it around or pick it up the other way if you switch between them. The floating pin is quite nice and works very well but it has the same threads as the iStick 20W, cut into the chromed zinc top. I'll put a Varitube Smooth 510 replacement on order for when that day comes, a little solder and Dremel work fixes all and I like looks of the Varitube ones better than the FDV.

Here it is with the iStick 20W for a size comparison. If you want a great tank to start rebuilding with then you should look into the Flash e-Vapor. I have a clone V3 on the Sigelei and a clone VS on the iStick. :vapor:
    8KNtfzc.jpg

If you don't have any 18650 batteries already then the iStick 30W would probably be a better choice.
    :toast:

IMRs

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    Penn's woods
    You wanted to know about the Sigelei mini 30W. Well is is an excellent little box with lots of corners, would have been cool if they rounded the battery side but you get used to it. I popped a MXJO 18650 in it and have been using it since it arrived the other day, it's driving all my tanks with ease. The Silverplay I have been running at 40W so I use it on the IPV2s, mostly running it at 20-25W with the FeV, Rose and Origenny.

The fire button is on the opposite side compared to the iSitcks, so you have to remember to flip it around or pick it up the other way if you switch between them. The floating pin is quite nice and works very well but it has the same threads as the iStick 20W, cut into the chromed zinc top. I'll put a Varitube Smooth 510 replacement on order for when that day comes, a little solder and Dremel work fixes all and I like looks of the Varitube ones better than the FDV.

Here it is with the iStick 20W for a size comparison. If you want a great tank to start rebuilding with then you should look into the Flash e-Vapor. I have a clone V3 on the Sigelei and a clone VS on the iStick. :vapor:
    8KNtfzc.jpg

If you don't have any 18650 batteries already then the iStick 30W would probably be a better choice.
    :toast:
    Very nice T! I'm going to have to sit this one out for now. I wish I could afford all of the above, but I'll have to take a break, (at least for a week or 2 :facepalm: ). I have plenty of IMR Purples here waiting for another mod.
    I have that mini 20 coming Tuesday.:)

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Thanks, Classy! I wonder what @AnsonJames thinks about his thread rolling over into PART II?

I want a solid, regulated, squonker w/TC myself, preferably at the $80-100 price-point. Until then, I will stick primarily to my RTAs. Who knows, maybe Eleaf will release an iStick bottom feeder. If they can do that with the success of the 30watter, I'd buy one...

I don't mind sequels as long as it's not a rehash of the first one!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Arizona
    Very nice T! I'm going to have to sit this one out for now. I wish I could afford all of the above, but I'll have to take a break, (at least for a week or 2 :facepalm: ). I have plenty of IMR Purples here waiting for another mod.
    I have that mini 20 coming Tuesday.:)
    Restraint? fiscal responsibility? What are you thinking?!?!? :lol:

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2014
    NC
    I can't believe the lack of a hall pass would stop you.
    I would think you would view it as a challenge! :D
    No...the challenge is to stay on this side of the hallway.. There's really nothing else I need except nickel wire. I have enough tanks and coils and batteries and it's only with the temp control mod I'll need the wire. My bank account really needs a break.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread