Eleaf iStick "pico"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Finally got my FT order,,, it visited 2post offices in Chicago twice for a couple of weeks...

Anyway I think I love this new mod more than my Pico,,, holds 2batteries ,,,looks great with 24mm atty (22likely look good too and a 25-26mm 'just fit '

mod looks classy & easy to hold,,, no squared edges.
$41.45 Authentic Nikola Medea 218W TC VW APV Box Mod - 7-218W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 2*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
9681813-3.jpg

$41.45

9681814-1-thumb.jpg

Authentic Nikola Medea 218W TC VW APV Box Mod
7-218W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 2*18650
There are hundreds of large mods to choose from. The original Pico form factor is unsurpassed to this day and deserves it's own thread. I also have a Pico X and would probably carry it exclusively except it can't use Arctic Fox firmware.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
Do they use the weird spelling to skirt the algorithm, or is this the mark of a knock off?

Yes, eBay officially does not want vape gear listed, but they turn a blind eye to it. I am guessing because they are making lots of money from the sales. They block some major vape manufacturers names from ever being listed at all. Creative sellers change the name a little bit to skirt the rules. The major thing to remember is insist on the the labeling of "authentic", and insist on 100% positive feedback from the seller.

• Informative
Reactions: Enso

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I’m looking for a Pico 21700, found them new on eBay for around $45 w/battery. I thought eBay didn’t allow vape gear, seems to be a plethora of it though. Anyone have experience buying mods through there?

While I’m here: does anyone here think the Pico 21700 S is... kinda an odd fit in the line up?

I didn't like the design of the pico s either. What I love about picos is their clean lines. The S just looks way out of place. At least they went back to the original form factor with the pico x

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    One of my original Picos is getting a problem with its screen. Starting to fade all along one side. It's been in use about a year. I have others that have been running for longer than that. I assume it's a screen failure and not fixable, but as long as I can read the wattage it won't be a problem. Does this happen often with Picos?

Enso

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2017
    Vermont, USA
    I didn't like the design of the pico s either. What I love about picos is their clean lines. The S just looks way out of place. At least they went back to the original form factor with the pico x
    Ditto. “Out of place” nails it. Yeah the X is certainly different but it doesn’t deviate from the concept. It looks pretty sharp, I’d pick one up but my original just rolled over the odometer and is still going strong:thumb:

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    One of my original Picos is getting a problem with its screen. Starting to fade all along one side. It's been in use about a year. I have others that have been running for longer than that. I assume it's a screen failure and not fixable, but as long as I can read the wattage it won't be a problem. Does this happen often with Picos?

Yes, it can happen. I don't know of a cure, but am interested if there is one.

One thing that can be done is there is a clone replacement board available via Fasttech for about US $10. It is similar, but not quite the same. It cannot be reprogrammed and lacks the Smart mode. It has an initially excellant display and makes a serviceable replacement. Swapping out just the display with an otherwise good Pico is more than I care to take on...micro soldering of connecting film. Good luck!

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Yes, it can happen. I don't know of a cure, but am interested if there is one.

One thing that can be done is there is a clone replacement board available via Fasttech for about US $10. It is similar, but not quite the same. It cannot be reprogrammed and lacks the Smart mode. It has an initially excellant display and makes a serviceable replacement. Swapping out just the display with an otherwise good Pico is more than I care to take on...micro soldering of connecting film. Good luck!

Think I'll pass on that one too. Almost half the price of a new Pico for something I would most likely screw up.

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    There are hundreds of large mods to choose from. The original Pico form factor is unsurpassed to this day and deserves it's own thread. I also have a Pico X and would probably carry it exclusively except it can't use Arctic Fox firmware.
    how is the rubber finish of the pico x? does it scratch easy? im holding off on getting it as a daily beater. still womdering if the finish will last. also waiting for the firmware update.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    This has happened to several of mine. I suspect the screens are generic, may be even including the cable. I would want to be able to fix this if the government interferes with access to vaping products. If there is a fix somebody on the forum probably knows what it is or what part to buy. In a worst case situation if you are running arctic fox firmware the device could be confitured from a PC with the arctic fox tool box. If you find out where the screens are available share the knowledge. eLeaf should be willing to help us with this.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    how is the rubber finish of the pico x? does it scratch easy? im holding off on getting it as a daily beater. still womdering if the finish will last. also waiting for the firmware update.
    I go easy on my mods. They are always in my hand, in a pocket or on a table top. My pico x is in pristine condition. I feel sure the coating used, if it is a coating will be tougher than any paint. All the other mods I use are in silicone sleeves.

Reactions: TraderX

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    This has happened to several of mine. I suspect the screens are generic, may be even including the cable. I would want to be able to fix this if the government interferes with access to vaping products. If there is a fix somebody on the forum probably knows what it is or what part to buy. In a worst case situation if you are running arctic fox firmware the device could be confitured from a PC with the arctic fox tool box. If you find out where the screens are available share the knowledge. eLeaf should be willing to help us with this.

I never thought about using Arctic Fox to get around the lack of a screen. Good catch.

Courtesy of @Cool_Breeze there is apparently a clone replacement.

"Yes, it can happen. I don't know of a cure, but am interested if there is one.

One thing that can be done is there is a clone replacement board available via Fasttech for about US $10. It is similar, but not quite the same. It cannot be reprogrammed and lacks the Smart mode. It has an initially excellant display and makes a serviceable replacement. Swapping out just the display with an otherwise good Pico is more than I care to take on...micro soldering of connecting film. Good luck!"

Reactions: TraderX

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    One thing that can be done is there is a clone replacement board available via Fasttech for about US $10. It is similar, but not quite the same. It cannot be reprogrammed and lacks the Smart mode. It has an initially excellant display and makes a serviceable replacement. Swapping out just the display with an otherwise good Pico is more than I care to take on...micro soldering of connecting film. Good luck!"
    I believe the screen cable on the Pico attaches to the board with a plug. It could be that the clone board uses the same screen with the same plug. As mentioned before, I'm thinking about a years ahead situation where our dear government interferes with access to vape products and I have Picos that need new screens. I'm hoping the screen and cable combination is generic. If so it's likely to remain available for years to come.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I believe the screen cable on the Pico attaches to the board with a plug. It could be that the clone board uses the same screen with the same plug. As mentioned before, I'm thinking about a years ahead situation where our dear government interferes with access to vape products and I have Picos that need new screens. I'm hoping the screen and cable combination is generic. If so it's likely to remain available for years to come.

I've got 8 Picos now. Having a few of those boards in the box might be worth it. On the other hand who knows how long the rest of the mod will last. On one of mine the battery cap screws are getting messy. Don't know how durable the 510's will be. The first one I got is over 2 years old, used every day and no problems at all. They are nice little mods, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort to try to make them last forever. Mods in general weren't designed for maintenance. Might be more practical to buy some more new ones while they are still available. I get what you are saying about the government though. May pick up a couple of those boards.

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky

The film ribbon for the Pico display is soldered to the circuit board (on the unit I just looked at)...no plug.

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Hey all, i have a small problem with my pico 25. Yesterday after playing around with it i realized that when i fire i don't get that bar which normally appears to show the lenght of the current draw.
    My Display stays at the normal view (ohm,watts, battery level, etc).

I even tried downgrading from FW 1.05 to 1.04, didn't change anything.

Is it possible that i accidently changed something or is my pico dying?

Yes you've probably changed the display option. Check your instruction manual to see how to change it back. There are 3 different options if I remember correctly :)

I have forgotten how you change it hence the 'read the manual' suggestion :cry:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I've got 8 Picos now. Having a few of those boards in the box might be worth it. On the other hand who knows how long the rest of the mod will last. On one of mine the battery cap screws are getting messy. Don't know how durable the 510's will be. The first one I got is over 2 years old, used every day and no problems at all. They are nice little mods, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort to try to make them last forever. Mods in general weren't designed for maintenance. Might be more practical to buy some more new ones while they are still available. I get what you are saying about the government though. May pick up a couple of those boards.
    I've already got picos in the stash. Another issue is some suspect that generic type of oled may have a 10 year shelf life regardless of use. If I decide to stash more mods I'll try to make sure the screen does not have this vulnerability or can be replaced. I'm fond of the Pico because it's the smallest form factor that will take an 18650, which will last me all day. The endurance issue is reduced some by the pod craze. I got a pod called a Minifit, silly small but vapes long enough, so now I have a backup about the size of my thumb.

• Agree
    Reactions: englishmick

Molchi

ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2017
    Germany
    Yes you've probably changed the display option. Check your instruction manual to see how to change it back. There are 3 different options if I remember correctly :)

I have forgotten how you change it hence the 'read the manual' suggestion :cry:

Thank you, i already checked the manual, but the only thing which is explained to change is the what to show in the lower left corner (amp, overall drawtimer and something else). I just realized that i also don't have an eleaf-logo anymore when turning it on and off :(

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread