Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Whatever went wrong I would be wary about using the mod. There could be damage to the board or some other part of it. The battery that was in at the time could be dodgy now too.
I’m with you. Pitch it. It’s not worth even a small risk for something so cheap and easily replaced.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I posted what's below on the Arctic Fox firmware forum a few days ago.

I've been vaping exclusively on the original Pico (with silicone sleeve) and an rda (TC, 28g stainless, 1.0 ohm, 20 max watts, 420F max temp, AF firmware) since it became available and haven't seen a mod I like better.

For the past several weeks I've been using the Pico X. The new chassis is non metallic meaning noticably ligher weight. It feels sturdy. There is no paint to chip. The textured surface is not as grippy as a silicone sleeve but it's as good as it needs to be and now easier to get in and out of a pants pocket. The battery door threading on the X is far better than the original. The fire button is improved, easy to find and more positive. The button has a quiet click that can be felt but barely heard. In my opinion the revised form factor is better looking and functionally superior to the original. In the mean time I miss the Arctic Fox functions.

2019-02-09-17-08-48-jpg.855

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole

I've been vaping exclusively on the original Pico (with silicone sleeve) and an rda (TC, 28g stainless, 1.0 ohm, 20 max watts, 420F max temp, AF firmware) since it became available and haven't seen a mod I like better.

For the past several weeks I've been using the Pico X. The new chassis is non metallic meaning noticably ligher weight. It feels sturdy. There is no paint to chip. The textured surface is not as grippy as a silicone sleeve but it's as good as it needs to be and now easier to get in and out of a pants pocket. The battery door threading on the X is far better than the original. The fire button is improved, easy to find and more positive. The button has a quiet click that can be felt but barely heard. In my opinion the revised form factor is better looking and functionally superior to the original. In the mean time I miss the Arctic Fox functions.

So no AF for the Pico X yet?
I love my pico 75 and Pico 25's with AF. I think my preference is the 25 as far as hand feel, its about right.

Reactions: TraderX

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
A very interesting thread.

I must admit to having become a fan of the Pico range although I have never charged mine through the on board connector. I have both the normal Pico and the First Model Squeeze, both of which I love for their size and ease of use.

As my old iSticks and K boxes wear out my plan is to replace them with Picos - can't say fairer than that!

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK

Hi @sofarsogood - do you use temp control on the Pico X? Is it noticeably different from AF on the original Pico?
Thanks.

Reactions: Jebbn

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hi @sofarsogood - do you use temp control on the Pico X? Is it noticeably different from AF on the original Pico?
Thanks.
My setup is 20 max watts, 420F max temp on any mod I'm using. It's too soon to nitpick small differences with firing behavior, if any. The real test is what do I grab most of the time. Right now that would be the Pico X because of the form factor improvements, less weight, easier to get in and out of a pants pocket, better battery door threading, improved fire button. But I miss the Arctic fox features a lot. If you are a hardcore fan of the original Pico it is probably worth owning an X. I can still use the original without complaint. My X came from FT for about $30. I believe their shipping is free above $35. May be the minimum is lower.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Finally got my FT order,,, it visited 2post offices in Chicago twice for a couple of weeks...

Anyway I think I love this new mod more than my Pico,,, holds 2batteries ,,,looks great with 24mm atty (22likely look good too and a 25-26mm 'just fit '

Mod looks classy & easy to hold,,, no squared edges.
$41.45 Authentic Nikola Medea 218W TC VW APV Box Mod - 7-218W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 2*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
9681813-3.jpg

$41.45

9681814-1-thumb.jpg

Authentic Nikola Medea 218W TC VW APV Box Mod
7-218W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 2*18650

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
While I’m here: does anyone here think the Pico 21700 S is... kinda an odd fit in the line up?
Yes? Take something dinky and make it... less dinky? Not complaining - I don't have to buy one, so no harm done.

I hope you enjoy it though. The better battery life is a fair trade-off. And it's a decent home for bigger tanks, so that's good.

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
The 21700 was apparently discontinued in favor of the 21700 S. It’s “inspired by sports car” (kinda gaudy, imho). I don’t have to buy it either, it was frustrating to keep running into an aesthetically displeasing product while looking for the one with the classic look. No offense to anyone who likes it, it’s just not for me.

Reactions: My Batt Hurts

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I’m looking for a Pico 21700, found them new on eBay for around $45 w/battery. I thought eBay didn’t allow vape gear, seems to be a plethora of it though. Anyone have experience buying mods through there?

While I’m here: does anyone here think the Pico 21700 S is... kinda an odd fit in the line up?

eBay gets bad mouthed here constantly. I have bought boat loads of gear on eBay with zero problems. With the new eBay rules, if you are not totally happy with your purchase you get a full refund---period! eBay guarantees that you are happy or you get a refund. Just buy from sellers with 100% feedback and make sure they fully state the product is authentic. Many sellers sell only 100% authentic gear they are easy to find.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
@mansis I'm late to this thread but...nasty fault. I have been in electronics for over 35 years so some thoughts:

1. Do not charge anything whilst you are out or asleep.

2. It's true that a device will take only what it needs in terms of current ( it's a bit more complex than that but that's the gist), but an unregulated power supply ( .. by design or just cheap nasty crap) can deliver more voltage than the device should receive, the device should have a voltage regulator built in that provides some protection in that situation but they have their limits and the excess energy is released as heat.

3. it is likely that the USB cable is at fault or there was some dirt/liquid in the socket looking at the image.

4. I always charge any kind of batts in an external charger, I recommend the same to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread