Eleaf iStick "pico"

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Finally got my FT order,,, it visited 2post offices in Chicago twice for a couple of weeks...

Anyway I think I love this new mod more than my Pico,,, holds 2batteries ,,,looks great with 24mm atty (22likely look good too and a 25-26mm 'just fit '

mod looks classy & easy to hold,,, no squared edges.
$41.45 Authentic Nikola Medea 218W TC VW APV Box Mod - 7-218W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 2*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

7-218W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 2*18650

That is nice looking. I like plain and classy. Let us know how the battery life is after you use it a bit. I have a few 2 battery mods and the battery life on one of them is not too great. And I keep going bigger on tanks :) I am at 24/25mm.

Reactions: kross8

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
That is nice looking. I like plain and classy. Let us know how the battery life is after you use it a bit. I have a few 2 battery mods and the battery life on one of them is not too great. And I keep going bigger on tanks :) I am at 24/25mm.

I wouldn't mind trading my drag duel 18650 for something smaller,, it's just too big in my hands,

Mine has the greenish swirl and silver body,, ,not gold in the pic. Works fine.
voopoo-drag-157w-tc-box-mod

Attachments

• voopoo_drag_157w_tc_box_mod_gold_turqoise.jpg
    voopoo_drag_157w_tc_box_mod_gold_turqoise.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Falconeer

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
I too have wandered up to 24/25mm Atty's,,

Both of my duel 18650 mods "last" as long as I would expect concerning battery life,,,, (it never occurred to me they wouldn't have longer life).

Recent tank smm serpent,, a flavor chasing tank for sure-watch her,, she is a full blown drunk and will drink all your ejuice :)

Bellus -i hate her,, but still use her for now, ,, I need to find her a new home before I kill her.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
You asked at the right moment. I vaped the Squeeze exclusively all day on a day at home and I tend to keep puffing away. I pulled the battery, a brand new VTC6 3000 mAh and put it in a charger that displays percent charge and it showed 68% remaining. The build is 28 guage stainless, 3mm, 6 wraps, I believe it was .68 ohm which could climb a bit under load because it's stainless. That is much better endurance than I expected. I never noticed a voltage drop. The vape is warm, crisp, a bit of crackle, not as good as my SV in temp control but good enough for when I want the advantages of squonking and the situation calls for some stealth and I don't want too worry about leaking. I am noticing I have to be careful not t squeeze the bottle too hard, The hole for liquid on the 1928 is tiny. Too much pressure and the tank may sweat out some juice around the seal with the feed tube.

P.S. Almost all the 2 battery mods are wired in series. In my testing several years ago I found the only advantage of 2 batteries in series is more watts but not more endurance. If you wantt more endurance from 2 batteries they need to be wired in paralell. I believe there once were some 2 battery mods wired paralell but the batteries were built in. One battery is enough for under 50 watts. My hard deck is 30 watts.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
For the stash the Squeeze has no screen to blink out after 10 years as OLED screens are reported to do but it does have protection. I'm tempted to get a protected tube mod with some spare mofsets for the same purpose. Hopefully the TC mods will last as long as I need them to or I'll never need them because the government never interferes with access to the vaping products I use.

One more consideration, my favorite RDA is the SV rda clone. I got several because I figured they would eventually disappear from the fad driven vape market, which has happened. It's still my favorite atomizer. The original Pico with Arctic Fox firmware is my favorite mod. How long until that disappears? The AF firmware is not compatible with the Pico X. The Pico/SV combination is what I vaped exclusively for the last 3 years except for a couple of pods reserved for backup and stealth.

I have no problem with you enjoying the Pico 1, and maybe you might grab a few more since I'm sure there is still some stock available for cheap right now. I was just giving an opinion to the question you asked why they discontinued the Pico 1.

As Obama would tell you, If you like your mod... you can keep your mod :thumb:

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
You asked at the right moment. I vaped the Squeeze exclusively all day on a day at home and I tend to keep puffing away. I pulled the battery, a brand new VTC6 3000 mAh and put it in a charger that displays percent charge and it showed 68% remaining. The build is 28 guage stainless, 3mm, 6 wraps, I believe it was .68 ohm which could climb a bit under load because it's stainless. That is much better endurance than I expected. I never noticed a voltage drop. The vape is warm, crisp, a bit of crackle, not as good as my SV in temp control but good enough for when I want the advantages of squonking and the situation calls for some stealth and I don't want too worry about leaking. I am noticing I have to be careful not t squeeze the bottle too hard, The hole for liquid on the 1928 is tiny. Too much pressure and the tank may sweat out some juice around the seal with the feed tube.

P.S. Almost all the 2 battery mods are wired in series. In my testing several years ago I found the only advantage of 2 batteries in series is more watts but not more endurance. If you wantt more endurance from 2 batteries they need to be wired in paralell. I believe there once were some 2 battery mods wired paralell but the batteries were built in. One battery is enough for under 50 watts. My hard deck is 30 watts.
Thanks fr the info. Mine are in series too.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Thanks fr the info. Mine are in series too.
Here is the test I did. The single battery and dual battery mods were both eleaf and used the same board and screen (VTC mini and Cuboid). I set the vape timer to zero minutes and vaped both devices until they quit. I used the idential settings on both and the same batteryies in new condition. The puff time on both mods was within a couple minutes. I believe I used 16 watts on both devices at the time. I saw no point in carrying a 2 battery brick if I don't need the higher max watts. I keep watts lower so I never need a heavier 2 battery mod.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Fwiw 24mm recurve atty fits on the squeeze
I can put it on and remove with the Pico battery cap on,, ,but it is a lot easier without the cap. The overhang is microscopic ..i had the Narda, and I like the Narda ..but I really like the Recurve airflow (more airflow)
20190407_140907.jpg
20190407_140921.jpg
20190407_140907.jpg
20190407_140921.jpg

Kennneth

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2019
Dallas
Re firmware 1.03 Pico 75w.

I think I understand the preheat mode (good feature). However, my thoughts are it wouldn't/shouldn't be functional in TC mode.

Will test at some point but wondering ya'll's thoughts and experience?

Currently using TC @450 and 60 watt ramp (75w ramp works better for me but not by much and I feel battery/mosfets would be strained a little less).

Firmware and app want list, Pico setting adjustments via PC usb interface in addition to device interface. Who/where would be the best place to make this request to get it considered?

Would also like more info about artic fox re: advantages/differences.

edit. Well KMA, googled Articfox ...LMAO...hey, I'm only human!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AngeNZ

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Firmware and app want list, Pico setting adjustments via PC usb interface in addition to device interface. Who/where would be the best place to make this request to get it considered?
    Arctic Fox will be your best option.
    The Pico 75 is out of production, and wouldn't expect any more firmware updates from Eleaf.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I didn't know that. Do they still have other mods in production that use same chip and thus firmware? Or is that chipset done?
    I have Pico 25s (also out of production) that use the same chip.
    Also have Pico 21700s that went to another chipset, but no upgraded firmware.
    Here's the current Eleaf firmware updates:
    Download - Eleaf electronic cigarette

• Informative
    Reactions: Kennneth

Kennneth

ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    I have Pico 25s (also out of production) that use the same chip.
    Also have Pico 21700s that went to another chipset, but no upgraded firmware.
    Here's the current Eleaf firmware updates:
    Download - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Thanks. This answers my question about whether to install articfox I've dl'ed and looked at.

Reactions: puffon

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    I think you can restore the eleaf fw if you don't like arctic fox. The Pico 21700 should be compatible with it, but the newer Pico X isn't (yet).

[edit] Restoring may involve a… "procedure".

I don't know if it will work the same, but I loaded AF firmware on my Pico Squeeze 2 and then later re-flashed to the original Pico firmware with no issues. Just flashed as normal and it went fine, but never tried it with the Pico 75.

• Informative
    Reactions: Kennneth

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Great piece of firmware and software. I recommend it. I was easily able to fine tune overshoot on temp in TC, can determine battery quality and too many things to list. I suggest visiting/looking at their site at least.
    NFE Team

Agree completely - for better battery quality alone, it's worth the download. However arctic fox really shines with regard to TC and fine tuning :thumb:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread