Eleaf Istick

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
I'd be somewhat interested in more info on the chip if anyone has it. It was mentioned in a reddit post that the user was annoyed by the PWM rattlesnake, so who knows. So far, here in our threads, I haven't seen mention of it at all.

No offense to anyone, but most folk don't know what that is.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I ask because the OLED reminds me of what I thought I saw on the Zmax, which had the same 33.3hrz chip set as in the Vamo and SVD. Now, I'm thinking this could be the CHDNA20 that Evolv supposedly sold to China.

Though, if the device is using PWM, that might not be a deal killer for me if it can be had for under $40.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/488840-rattlesnake-effect-why-cheapo-vv-exception-itaste-mvp-dont-vape-same-provari-dna20d.html

No offense. I didn't say cheapo.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    I ask because the OLED reminds me of what I thought I saw on the Zmax, which had the same 33.3hrz chip set as in the Vamo and SVD. Now, I'm thinking this could be the CHDNA20 that Evolv supposedly sold to China.

Just to keep the record straight, it has been confirmed by both Innokin and Evolv that the PCB (chip) for the soon to be released SVD2 are made for Innokin by Evolv. I even saw that Innokin now has a name for the chip, but heck if I can remember it right now. :facepalm:

The look of the OLED for the iStick is certainly copies the design of Evolv chips, with a different font and white lettering instead of blue. I've heard that Eleaf/ISmoka is a division/branch of JoyeTech, but also that they are just distributing through Joye here in the USA. I doubt it is a clone or counterfeit chip (and also certain it's not the Innokin new chip).

BTW, the ProVari 1, 2 & 2.5 is PWM, but a very different creature than the 33.3hrz chip. I think it has something to do with algorithms.:blink:

I love what I'm hearing about this iStick----shape, color, weight, VW, USB, price.......:)

Last edited:

RIMP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Just to keep the record straight, it has been confirmed by both Innokin and Evolv that the PCB (chip) for the soon to be released SVD2 are made for Innokin by Evolv. I even saw that Innokin now has a name for the chip, but heck if I can remember it right now. :facepalm:

The look of the OLED for the iStick is certainly copies the design of Evolv chips, with a different font and white lettering instead of blue. As Eleaf/ISmoka is a division/branch of JoyeTech, I doubt it is a clone or counterfeit chip.

BTW, the ProVari 1, 2 & 2.5 is PWM, but a very different creature than the 33.3hrz chip. I think it has something to do with algorithms.:blink:

I love what I'm hearing about this iStick so far.

Thanks for the info :) when I called last week cause the website was acting hinky the girl answering the phone answered it with "Joytech". Hope this mod proves out to be what it looks like.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 7, 2014
    Portland, OR / San Francisco CA

Though, if the device is using PWM, that might not be a deal killer for me if it can be had for under $40.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/488840-rattlesnake-effect-why-cheapo-vv-exception-itaste-mvp-dont-vape-same-provari-dna20d.html

No offense. I didn't say cheapo.

Evolved has a deal with Innokin.
    Outside of that there are at least 3 manufacturers of DNA style boards in China.
    Trust me, if this was an authentic DNA board the retailers would be sure to let you know. A complete mod with authentic Dna board for under 40 dollars? I don't think so

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Central Iowa
    Well let me just say....this little gem is awesome. The Violet/Fushia is beautiful and I'm so glad I was able to get one delivered this week. I've only had this in my hands for a couple of hours, but such a perfect little stealth. I've used both a KFL and Mini Nautilus both fire great. I will be the first to admit I don't understand all of the 'chip' details but for my vaping style this works great. I'm not a subohm vapor and even though I own 2 DNA 30 mods...I've never gone beyond 11 watts.

Glad a few others were able to snag an Istick today.....I really suggest for anyone wanting to purchase just keep checking the Eleaf website.

Now...back to work:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread