Eleaf Istick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
My only addition to what's been said above about "like to see" for the next mod, would be being able to lock your favorite settings. I carry mine in my pocket and somehow the button got pushed. When I took a hit, my coil blew. I checked the settings and they were as high as they could go. Not good.

My solution would be to turn the istick off before putting it into your pocket... *shrugs*

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
After spending a frustratingly long amount of time trying to get the dental floss under the center pin I gave up. and looked around for a o-ring. I found one on those cheapie keychain eyeglass screwdrivers that have a cap. I think it came with my kayfun clone kit. that little o-ring slipped right under the pin using a tweezers. it works great. Now everything I screw on fires.

If anyone is have firing problems use look for those tiny keychain screwdrivers and use the o-ring from that.

yeah I attempted the dental floss maneuver yesterday too, my reading glasses were NOT sufficient, and my jeweler's magnifying arm isn't set up..so thanks!! Home Depot here I come!! IF the circuit spacer from Dave over at Mad Vapes doesn't do the fix.:?:

now if I shake it enough to wiggle the tank enough I'm not having to adjust the tank with every puff:facepalm: ..and I DO love this, it will replace my MVP, they've not been on the charger since I got this iStick IF it isn't wonkered that is, I took it out with me yesterday and it's just good I had a back up with me.

and I LOVE Tia Vapes, she approaches is like a newbie finding a new vape gear, I couldn't read that teeninee print on that manual they sent and three clicks of the power button and I'm in VV mode, three more I'm in watts...THANKS TIA!!!! and I DO actually look at the gear in her videos :p plus I get all misty eyed as she reminds me of my all grown up now Foster Daughter.:D

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
yeah I attempted the dental floss maneuver yesterday too, my reading glasses were NOT sufficient, and my jeweler's magnifying arm isn't set up..so thanks!! Home Depot here I come!! IF the circuit spacer from Dave over at Mad Vapes doesn't do the fix.:?:

now if I shake it enough to wiggle the tank enough I'm not having to adjust the tank with every puff:facepalm: ..and I DO love this, it will replace my MVP, they've not been on the charger since I got this iStick IF it isn't wonkered that is, I took it out with me yesterday and it's just good I had a back up with me.

and I LOVE Tia Vapes, she approaches is like a newbie finding a new vape gear, I couldn't read that teeninee print on that manual they sent and three clicks of the power button and I'm in VV mode, three more I'm in watts...THANKS TIA!!!! and I DO actually look at the gear in her videos :p plus I get all misty eyed as she reminds me of my all grown up now Foster Daughter.:D

Not just me then - I had to resort to my reading glasses and a magnifying glass :D

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
I got one on order from him but no notice. Also, what color did you order. He did not have a 'drop-down' menu so I sent a note in my payment. Hope he is legit! Con not wait! :) :vapor:

I ordered black. I just emailed him and he said he was shipping today. I told him he better do better since he is a new ebay seller.I really don't know the guy I live in Florida......

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I ordered black. I just emailed him and he said he was shipping today. I told him he better do better since he is a new ebay seller.I really don't know the guy I live in Florida......

I purchased one yesterday morning, left a note as to color, he replied he would ship chosen color yesterday, which he DID NOT ship it as promised. I'm a bit annoyed at this fact, and did send him a message. He did send me a confirmation number, which has not even entered the postal service database yet. This could be a case of Postal service not scanning, however I think that is unlikely. Hopefully I will get a positive response from the seller, and an explanation of the status of my purchase.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
Not just me then - I had to resort to my reading glasses and a magnifying glass :D

and it's sooo tiny, how do you get that lil eyeglass screwdriver AND tweezers in there with that dental floss? I'm going to try that circuit spacer and if it doesn't work, take it down to the young eyes at the vape shop and pay them to do it *lol*

it's working great if I just sway it to wiggle that tank a bit, I got five hits w/o having to turn and turn back the tank..woohoo!!! :p

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
He gave me the excuse that he couldn't make it to the post office yesterday. I see he has more for sale. I paid with pay pal so if he is scamming I won't lose money. If he does ship today you will get fast since he is in your state. He is a new ebay seller he better learn to do better. I'm sure he will ship today........

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
A nice "accessory" for the Istick would be a desktop docking station something like you use for a mobile phone but flat with the mini usb sticking up so you could just pop it on when you want to give it a bit of a top up without having to lay it flat on my desk.

If anyone knows of a flat mini usb dock post a link please

Cheers

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
I have not been able to find the Eleaf iStick Full Kit . starting to get discouraged
Cables you got. Wall warts you got. If it's the 510 to ego adapter you want, chances are they sell that at the same place you can buy the iStick.

But to your point... the full kit makes a nice, complete gift for newbies.

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
Cables you got. Wall warts you got. If it's the 510 to ego adapter you want, chances are they sell that at the same place you can buy the iStick.

But to your point... the full kit makes a nice, complete gift for newbies.

My Istick came with the 510 adapter. If you need the cable I know wallmart sells that.......

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
The only thing the full kit adds is the microUSB cable. The base kit comes with the ego adapter and manual. The microUSB has been standardized on all cell phones for at least 2 yrs now so everyone should have at least 1 of these (if not 5 or more) unless you're one of those iFruit users. If you don't have one, there's lots of places to get them for a couple of bucks shipped.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread