eLiquid Brands Surviving PMTA !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
Hi, let's List Out some of YOUR FAVORITE nicQuid brewers that (have so far) SURVIVED the FDA's PMTA regulations.

Here's a list posted courtesy of @UncleJunkle: FDA POSTS OFFICIAL PMTA LIST OF DEEMED NEW TOBACCO PRODUCTS

A Huge Relief pour moi > start with my GoTo & Favorite which cost them MILLIONS $$$$$: HALO. They're @ #188 - Nicopure Labs LLC (Halo).

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi, let's List Out some nicQuid brewers that survived the FDA's PMTA regulations.

(For Context & Relevance, Not Sure if these should be USA brands?)

A Huge Relief pour moi > start with my GoTo & Favorite which cost them MILLIONS $$$$$: HALO.

I sure Hope that Halo makes it. I Really Do. As well as Many Others.

But I Think they would be the 1st to tell you that they have a Long Way to Go before they can feel like they Survived the FDA's PMTA regs.

Mark September 9th on your Calendar.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    ah wow - ok cool nice list - so there's many that survived then - 360 on that list anyway. Now i need to find some favorites apres HALO of which i just placed an order for 3 bottles / 30ml / 24mg.

No one has survived yet. An accepted application is a long way from an approval.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
    Aug 21, 2013
    USA & Canada
    I sure Hope that Halo makes it. I Really Do. As well as Many Others. But I Think they would be the 1st to tell you that they have a Long Way to Go before they can feel like they Survived the FDA's PMTA regs.
    No one has survived yet. An accepted application is a long way from an approval.
    This is ABUSIVE - Halo spent MILLIONS $$$$ filing & submitting PMTA applications for ONLY 3 flavors + 1 Unflavored. Halo used to have around 25 to 30 different flavors.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    This is ABUSIVE - Halo spent MILLIONS $$$$ filing & submitting PMTA applications for ONLY 3 flavors. Halo used to have around 25 to 30 different flavors.

Welcome to the organized crime syndicate known as the US government.

IMHO, there will be no bottled eliquid approved. Only prefilled pods for closed systems and only in straight tobacco and mentholated tobacco flavors. After all, closed systems are the "safest" route to take when you are hellbent on "saving the cheeeldren". JMHO.

But if bottled eliquid is approved, same flavors as above. Only straight tobacco and mentholated tobacco flavors.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
    Aug 21, 2013
    USA & Canada
    Welcome to the organized crime syndicate known as the US government. IMHO, there will be no bottled eliquid approved. Only prefilled pods for closed systems and only in straight tobacco and mentholated tobacco flavors. After all, closed systems are the "safest" route to take when you are hellbent on "saving the cheeeldren". JMHO. But if bottled eliquid is approved, same flavors as above. Only straight tobacco and mentholated tobacco flavors.
    k well then enter Prohibition Take v2.0.1.

If the government hadn't forced Prohibition, Organized Crime Syndicates, as we know it, would not have conceived. And... they know it!!

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    This is ABUSIVE - Halo spent MILLIONS $$$$ filing & submitting PMTA applications for ONLY 3 flavors + 1 Unflavored. Halo used to have around 25 to 30 different flavors.

Welcome to the Science Based US Health Care System.

Where the Well Being of the Population are Insulated from Money, Corruption and the Drum Beating of Self-Serving Politicians.

:thumb:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Has anybody actually spent any money?

You mean on the PMTA applications?
    The FDA estimates the PMTA process will cost manufacturers between $117,000 and $466,000 per application (with each product SKU requiring its own application). So yes a lot I guess if I understand this.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    You mean on the PMTA applications?
    The FDA estimates the PMTA process will cost manufacturers between $117,000 and $466,000 per application (with each product SKU requiring its own application). So yes a lot I guess if I understand this.
    So, this has not happened yet.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Yes I think so, applications have to all be submitted by September (something) but there is a list of applications already submitted as the original date was in May. So those would already be paid for. @low_tar_neil is in the know I hope he can jump in. :)

what I don't know if anything has been approved by the FDA yet?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Has anybody actually spent any money?

Some have spent BIG Bucks putting together Very Detailed and Serious PMTA's. Because they want to be part of the Select Few who can move forward when the Vacuum is created.

Others have Spent Little. Just Cobbling together enough Paperwork to get them a "Bonus" Year of sales.

Knowing Who has Done Exactly What though is Anyone's Guess.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    So everyone is just at the lawyered up stage?

Not Really.

Some are Serious as a Heart Attack about getting an Approved PMTA.

The Worth of e-Cigarette Market is hard to Evaluate. Because so much of the Sales is thru channels that are Under or Non-Reported. But current Estimates range from 6 to 15 Billion US Dollar.

And when there is that much Money laying on the Floor just waiting for Someone to pick up up, you can Bet that Someone will do Whatever it takes to Grab as much as they can.

And that Whatever includes a Huge Black Market. So the FDA has to Walk a Fine Line between making sure that Only those they want to Sell e-Cigarettes do. And Not having Enough e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids (at a Reasonable Price) so that the Black Market thrives.

The FDA and Zeller are really in a Hosed Up situation. Because their Own Bureaucracy that was meant to Stifle the Market is actually Stifling them. They also have a Federal Judge, who Isn't too Happy with their performance, watching over things.

I'm Crying a River for them just thinking about it.

Last edited:

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
    Aug 21, 2013
    USA & Canada
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread