EPuffer Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
Hi Chainsmkr, Nope they did not reply to the last note at all. I'm not surprised. I'm just mad enough I think I will follow up on the GST matter.

Glad to hear it and good luck. Most of us are so frazzled at the end of our lengthy ordeals that we are just saying forget it. I know I did and I probably shouldn't have.

I posted this in the "companies to avoid" thread before I knew about this one. So here it is again. Hope this helps to keep people from going the same route I did.

I wanted to tell about my experience with Epuffer. I had checked out Leaford's site and he seemed to recommend the EAZE Magnum (although he has changed this since) so I went to Epuffer and ordered a couple of the deluxe kits for $149 a piece. Their little shipping calculator said that it would take something like 5-7 days to reach me here in FL. Two weeks later I receive an email from Epuffer saying that the product has been backordered and that I would have to wait longer to receive the e-cigs. No time frame given as to when that would be so because had waited a couple of weeks thinking that the e-cigs were on their way I decided to get my money back. Thank goodness I ordered through Paypal. But we'll get to that in a sec. My first email politely explained that I had ordered the EAZE two weeks ago and that they hadn't gotten around to telling me it wasn't in stock until well after it should have been delivered.. folks, I am anxiously waiting on this thing to finally kick the analogue habit. I then asked for a refund. No answer. A few (4?) days later I sent off another email stating that I would take the matter up with Paypal if I didn't get an answer within 4 business days. No answer. After the time was up, I filed a complaint with Paypal and got a reply back from Epuffer that they hadn't gotten my previous messages because they don't check their email due to spam. ???? What ???? This is the email they have listed on their site to contact them! They returned my money however and I don't intend on using them in the future.

I know as a supplier I might get bashed, but here goes.

The supplier in question may or may not have known that he may or may not receive his goods from the manufacturer. Despite having paid for it upfront and in full.

He may have had his hopes up based on his past (pre March 2009) experiences. The climate has changed drastically in the last month and I don't think any suppliers are taking anything for granted anymore. It is a hard lesson learned.

I won't sympathize with suppliers who took their chances like this, because they put their customers and reputation at risk. But, on the other hand if they refund your money and are straight up about what's really happening, if it's not a back-order situation but a customs or FDA issue, while they might have been too optimistic about their supply chain, they should not run their business on optimism based on past success with supplies.

The reality is that any supplier could be "out of business" in a minute, with the current state of affairs. I think we all have to keep that in mind. Suppliers have and are taking a great risk and are often blindsided and sandbagged by manufacturers, freight and customs and now the FDA.

I believe the intentions are good and if they do the right thing, even at their expense, for customers - that's all we should expect.

I know there have been suppliers that have dodged the issues affecting them and their customers, such as customs and FDA, and have euphemistically stated, backordered or out of stock, after the fact. I don't think it is an intent to deceive, just a naive approach that backfired. If they are truthful, I think that's the best you can hope for, other than getting your product in the timeframe promised.

labrat

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
I guess it's a good thing (or maybe bad) that I did not read this post before I ordered an epuffer elite mini. I ordered on Friday and it was here on Monday. I simply could not believe it arrived that fast. I did order a starter kit with bonus. I have been using it for a week. Both batteries and both atomizers work great. And the ejuice seems to be OK.

Sorry you folks had so much trouble with them. I did order more carts for the Mrs. but have not received them yet. I also planned to order more batteries from them but I have been reading the mod section and may build my own.

Lisa Green was very helpful and answered all my questions. I know this sounds like an endorsement but I am just giving you my experience. Glad my first e cig experience was better than most of you.

outlawimm

Jul 3, 2009
well, i was not able to get the charges reversed because i still have the product. i finally got a response after at least 13 emails, and was given 2 RMA's. one for the starter kit i purchased, and one for the 2 add'l batteries i ordered (after the kit, and received a week before). i am sending this junk back to them, and wouldn't even mind a 20% restocking fee after all the sh*t i have been through with them.

i know e-cig.com isn't the best, but i ordered a USB pass-thru for this set up so i will be good at home, as well as a starter kit from them. their customer service has been good to me so far. everytime i order something, they throw extra stuff in. also got the car-USB adapter, so i can use that pass-thru in my car as well.

in addition, i ordered a Janty Mini Fogger. i couldn't find a Dura-C that i really wanted until today on dietcigs.com. i hope that the Mini Fogger fulfills my needs until i am experienced enough to buy the Janty STICK and be done with all the nonsense.

i hope everyone gets their money back from these idiotic canadians.

Cohibaman

Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Okay....now I know....bought an E cigar from ePuffer and it crapped out in 15 minutes.......at first the smoke was coming out perfectly and I thought, not bad for fake orgasm but there was no flavor to it.....I tried a few more minutes and still nothing, just smoke but no flavor.....then the smoke stopped.....there's power because the LED for the ash still glows brightly.....anyway, tried to get help but nothing happened and no one would reply to my emails and requests for a callback on the phone.......so tell me, can anyone recommend a really good electronic cigar that will work for more that 15 minutes. I would really appreciate some honest direction here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread