EQ Personal Vaporizer Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg

May 30, 2010
Connecticut
I had a pre-order in for a while for the EQPV from digitalciggz and i just got an email today that they are being recalled due to issues they are having with it, for the past couple months i have had my mind set on this thing and now that its being recalled and pushed back with no eta so i would like to buy something else.

For those who dont know what the EQPV is check it out EQPV

Im somewhat new to mods and really dont know much of what is out there, i would like something that offers the same characteristics of the EQ but im not sure if such a thing exists

i have no experience vaping outside of 3.7 volts which is why the EQ seemed like it was so awesome, 4.0v - 6v variable.

If nothing like the EQ exists What are the best mods available? i know thats a opinionated and a purely subjective question but i would like to hear what people think and have to say and think.

Im looking to get something asap so any help would be much appreciated

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
To get the features outside of the juice feeder the best options are the Provari or Darwin, both great choices. The Provari is a Tube and the Darwin is a semi tube shaped.

You won't get the motorized auto dripper feature in any pv, that's the newest thing with the EQ but there are several good bottom feeding VV mods out there that frankly I personally would rather have over the EQ along with the options above. They are wood mods and include The Grip, Redsky Mods offers one I think it's called the Mark V Cutlass now and the Monkeybox, all of those are great options and are customizable with your own wood choices.

Last edited:

Blitzkrieg

May 30, 2010
Connecticut
To get the features outside of the juice feeder the best options are the Provari or Darwin, both great choices. The Provari is a Tube and the Darwin is a semi tube shaped.

You won't get the motorized auto dripper feature in any pv, that's the newest thing with the EQ but there are several good bottom feeding VV mods out there that frankly I personally would rather have over the EQ along with the options above. They are wood mods and include The Grip, Redsky Mods offers one I think it's called the Mark V Cutlass now and the Monkeybox, all of those are great options and are customizable with your own wood choices.

Thank you thats exactly along the lines of what i was looking for, Im not really a fan of the wood ones but the Provari really caught my attention. To bad it sold out :(

You have any other recommendations on mods worth while, im really looking to try new stuff.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Thank you thats exactly along the lines of what i was looking for, Im not really a fan of the wood ones but the Provari really caught my attention. To bad it sold out :(

You have any other recommendations on mods worth while, im really looking to try new stuff.

There are lots of good choices out, I was just thinking as close to a EQ as possible and didn't know the Provari was out of stock. Might want to contact Provape and see what they say about restocking, it usually isn't that long. It and the Darwin really do pack the most features but don't have the juice feeder. If the digital readout doesn't matter to you the Buzz Pro has just been released and you could always get a screw on meter if you had to have one for checking voltage.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
If you don't like wood you might like the GLV-3. It's not variable voltage but you can get it 3.6, 5, 6 volt. It can be used as a feeder box mod or a tube mod, they also have a mini that is 3.7v only:
GLV-3 Electronic Cigarette [GLV-3] - $195.00 : Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

Not all wood is crated equal, maybe you just haven't seen anything you liked. The GRIP is available with VV and bottom feed. Very close to what you were wanting. Also if you look around the site here there are some that are done with more colorful stabilized woods in blues, purples, pinks.....:
The GRIP gallery

Blitzkrieg

May 30, 2010
Connecticut
There are lots of good choices out, I was just thinking as close to a EQ as possible and didn't know the Provari was out of stock. Might want to contact Provape and see what they say about restocking, it usually isn't that long. It and the Darwin really do pack the most features but don't have the juice feeder. If the digital readout doesn't matter to you the Buzz Pro has just been released and you could always get a screw on meter if you had to have one for checking voltage.

Looks to be about a 2 week wait for the provari in the standar finish. I checked out the buzzpro and im not really diggin it all that much. as of now it looks to be between the provari, darwin and vv grip power feeder.

Blitzkrieg

May 30, 2010
Connecticut
you could go with a Darwin or a Provari. heck if you just want a VV mod you could go with the Buzzpro. for the money i think they are hard to beat.

it sucks the EQ is being pushed back. it seems like it will be an amazing mod. just a little out of my price range. i hope they get everything worked out soon.

Im between the 2 of them, i was really looking forward to the eq now im not sure what to do. Nothing i like is in stock and it seems the shortest wait is for the provari. I dont meen to come off impatient but i just waited several months for something thats now a no go and i just dont want to wait anymore, plus i leave to back over seas in september so i want something before i leave. I was number 48 for the eq and it should have been arriving sometime this coming up week wich was perfect.

DTO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2011
Chicago, IL USA
I personally think the provari is a little better then the Darwin due to it's design and safety features. If I we're you, I would e-mail provape.com now and tell them you want to order a provari but tell them that you must receive it before 9/1 because of your situation (be specific). I wouldn't be surprised if they can accommodate you but get your order in tomorrow! I know a couple people who have received their provari within 2 weeks recently and you should be fine if you order now, but double check with them so there isn't a problem. From what I understand, they are a great vendor and provide excellent customer service. I'm in the same situation as you and also had an EQ pre-order placed. I'm probably going to also place an order for a provari in the next day or two. The provari is a great device, the only downside is it is not an auto feeder. You probably should also order the 18650 extender cap for $20 so you can use a more powerful/common 18650 battery and make sure you have or order a couple AW IMR 18650's plus a compatible charger if you don't already have them.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I'm kind of sorry to hear about the problems with the EQ but, I expected them. Just too many things there that haven't been used in this application. The Provari and Darwin are a lot more tested but, I understand they aren't great with dual coils. This market is moving too fast to go real complicated at the moment. The Buzz pro would be a good choice, I think.

Blitzkrieg

May 30, 2010
Connecticut
I personally think the provari is a little better then the Darwin due to it's design and safety features. If I we're you, I would e-mail provape.com now and tell them you want to order a provari but tell them that you must receive it before 9/1 because of your situation (be specific). I wouldn't be surprised if they can accommodate you but get your order in tomorrow! I know a couple people who have received their provari within 2 weeks recently and you should be fine if you order now, but double check with them so there isn't a problem. From what I understand, they are a great vendor and provide excellent customer service. I'm in the same situation as you and also had an EQ pre-order placed. I'm probably going to also place an order for a provari in the next day or two. The provari is a great device, the only downside is it is not an auto feeder. You probably should also order the 18650 extender cap for $20 so you can use a more powerful/common 18650 battery and make sure you have or order a couple AW IMR 18650's plus a compatible charger if you don't already have them.

I shot provape an email to see if its a guarantee it will arrive before september explaining everything. If/when i order it im definitely ordering the extender cap. I ordered 3 MNKE 18650's the end of last week for my EQ, so seeing now that theres no EQ for a while to come i need to put these batteries to good use.

From the looks of things i think im going to order a few different things Provari, Darwin, GLV3 and VV Grip power feeder, just cause so i can have the experience and either sell whatever i dont like or keep them as backups/spares.

I can always have my family ship them to me when they come in if i left already but as of now i gotta a major itch for something new and need something to help me get over the disappointment of the EQ.

Blitzkrieg

May 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'm kind of sorry to hear about the problems with the EQ but, I expected them. Just too many things there that haven't been used in this application. The Provari and Darwin are a lot more tested but, I understand they aren't great with dual coils. This market is moving too fast to go real complicated at the moment. The Buzz pro would be a good choice, I think.

I expected there to be stupid issues with the EQ but nothing major that would cause a recall and complete reevaluation of the design, as far as i knew from speaking with the peeps over at digitalciggz all the testing they did yielded no flaws. That all seemed to change once they started shipping out though.

I looked at the buzzpro but im not really a fan. Hopefully ill get a reply from provape and i can get at least the provari before i head out

DTO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2011
Chicago, IL USA
I shot provape an email to see if its a guarantee it will arrive before september explaining everything. If/when i order it im definitely ordering the extender cap. I ordered 3 MNKE 18650's the end of last week for my EQ, so seeing now that theres no EQ for a while to come i need to put these batteries to good use.

From the looks of things i think im going to order a few different things Provari, Darwin, GLV3 and VV Grip power feeder, just cause so i can have the experience and either sell whatever i dont like or keep them as backups/spares.

I can always have my family ship them to me when they come in if i left already but as of now i gotta a major itch for something new and need something to help me get over the disappointment of the EQ.

One more mod to consider might be a Reo. I've been using my Reo Grand loving it. According to the reo's mods sales info thread, the mini's and possibly the grands will go on sale at 7pm EST on 8/16. He ships super fast so you would get it very soon if you bought one. You should set up an account on the website before the sale and make sure you are there before 7pm and keep refreshing the website until it is updated. His mods sell out in minutes. If you look at 7:10pm they will probably all be gone. The advantage of the Reo is it's a bottom feeder (grand holds 6ml of juice, mini 3mls), so you don't have to worry about dripping, tanks, cartos etc.. and 100% mechanical so no electronics. The grand uses an 18650 and the mini a 14500. It's the gold standard of bottom feeders. Redeyedancer aka Rob, is the creator of the mods.

Here are some links for the Reo's.

Website - reosmods.com
Reo Forum area - Reos Mods
Reo Sales info thread - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...formation-most-recent-info-4.html#post3859261
ECF Reo Lounge thread - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/95123-reo-lounge-reo-grand-opening-sale.html

Good Luck Man.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I've been vaping with my 2 EQ's for about a week or so now, it does suck they have to go back, however I would also pick up a Provari until these are back again, Hopefully it doesn't take the to long to get the new ones done, these EQ's are some pretty dam good Vapor machines with lots of great potential here! Reo's, Phidias, VV Ali'i are all decent PV's you cant go wrong with a Reo Grand or a Phid in my opinion too

Blitzkrieg

May 30, 2010
Connecticut
One more mod to consider might be a Reo. I've been using my Reo Grand loving it. According to the reo's mods sales info thread, the mini's and possibly the grands will go on sale at 7pm EST on 8/16. He ships super fast so you would get it very soon if you bought one. You should set up an account on the website before the sale and make sure you are there before 7pm and keep refreshing the website until it is updated. His mods sell out in minutes. If you look at 7:10pm they will probably all be gone. The advantage of the Reo is it's a bottom feeder (grand holds 6ml of juice, mini 3mls), so you don't have to worry about dripping, tanks, cartos etc.. and 100% mechanical so no electronics. The grand uses an 18650 and the mini a 14500. It's the gold standard of bottom feeders. Redeyedancer aka Rob, is the creator of the mods.

Here are some links for the Reo's.

Website - reosmods.com
Reo Forum area - Reos Mods
Reo Sales info thread - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...formation-most-recent-info-4.html#post3859261
ECF Reo Lounge thread - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/95123-reo-lounge-reo-grand-opening-sale.html

Good Luck Man.

I really like the REO and i guarantee you i will be picking one up sometime soon, but as of now i wanted something more versatile in the voltages thats i been looking for VV mods only. In the past couple years of vaping i not once really cared about mods and was generally satisfied with the basics and put most of my time into selecting/making juices until i came across a thread about the Elipse EQ months back, that really caught my attention and i been infatuated with it since, so my mind is set on VV right now. i also have been vaping strictly at 3.7v on either LR or Standard atty/cartos for a long time now and really wanna put my juices to the test at different voltage combos to see if i can better my overall vaping experience and or maybe tweak the flavor on some juices i bought/made that i didnt really like that i have sitting here collecting dust.

Blitzkrieg

May 30, 2010
Connecticut
I've been vaping with my 2 EQ's for about a week or so now, it does suck they have to go back, however I would also pick up a Provari until these are back again, Hopefully it doesn't take the to long to get the new ones done, these EQ's are some pretty dam good Vapor machines with lots of great potential here! Reo's, Phidias, VV Ali'i are all decent PV's you cant go wrong with a Reo Grand or a Phid in my opinion too

I really disappointed i didn't get a chance to play around with mine, the week mine was to ship was the week they recalled them. I been following the EQ thread closely and hopefully the ETA for the rerelease isnt to far out there.

The Provari seems to be the most logical choice as it has most of what im looking for and and the earliest ETA out them all. Hopefully i get a reply soon from provape on wether or not i can get it in my hands before i leave. otherwise ill have to have my family ship it out to me when it arrives.

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH

I have the Darwin and glv3 and have tried the provari. First, I love love the Darwin. Many people say the provari is better due to the safely features, but the Darwin does not need the same features as it uses a completely different battery. It does have many of the safety features and does self check to prevent shorts, which I know works flawlessly. That said, there are advantages to both. Darwin is lighter and much more pocket friendly and can be used as a pt, battery lasts aprox 1.5 days and provides unequaled consistency of vape. The provari, great drip well and has obvious great quality. Both can be used with a tank. The glv, I love that it can be used as a tube mod 5v or slide on the feeder and works as a solid, beautiful feeder. If you are able to buy all 3, you won't be disappointed with any of them. All mods have strengths and weaknesses, which is why we addictively buy several :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Blitzkrieg

May 30, 2010
Connecticut
I have the Darwin and glv3 and have tried the provari. First, I love love the Darwin. Many people say the provari is better due to the safely features, but the Darwin does not need the same features as it uses a completely different battery. It does have many of the safety features and does self check to prevent shorts, which I know works flawlessly. That said, there are advantages to both. Darwin is lighter and much more pocket friendly and can be used as a pt, battery lasts aprox 1.5 days and provides unequaled consistency of vape. The provari, great drip well and has obvious great quality. Both can be used with a tank. The glv, I love that it can be used as a tube mod 5v or slide on the feeder and works as a solid, beautiful feeder. If you are able to buy all 3, you won't be disappointed with any of them. All mods have strengths and weaknesses, which is why we addictively buy several :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I am most definitely buying all 3, plus the the Grip cause out of all the wood mods i like that one the best. This is one of the reasons why i stayed away from mods for so long, Im want them all, i wont be happy with one not knowing what something else could offer. In the end as long as it keeps me off analogs im satisfied, but a nice mod/mods are always an epic plus.

To be honest if i was able to buy the darwin right now i would have already, im a techy so the darwin is just appealing to me. The provari as of now is the most feasible choice though due to the fact im gonna get it before i leave and at ill have something to play around with to appease my itch for a mod until the EQ comes back out.

I have a whole stock pile of ego and kr808 batteries laying around and my work consists of me sitting at a desk 99% of the time so my mod doesn't necessarily need to be pocket friendly though it is a plus. Im pretty sure unless i really need to im not gonna be using my ego batts in the near future after acquiring a vv mod, so anything that doesn't look completely stupid vaping off of in public would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread