While Waiting for my EQ- VV Bottom Feeder alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Hey Ukeman! I found that the easiest method of feeding would be the blind squonk. Which is lightly pressing the bottle and taking a dry hit. Once I hear a gurgle then I stop. That usually gives me about 3 drops since it only lasts me 5 drags.

Anyways, besides the VV REO coming out soon. I really been thinking about either the Darwin or Provari. Which one do you prefer?

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Hey Ukeman! I found that the easiest method of feeding would be the blind squonk. Which is lightly pressing the bottle and taking a dry hit. Once I hear a gurgle then I stop. That usually gives me about 3 drops since it only lasts me 5 drags.

Anyways, besides the VV REO coming out soon. I really been thinking about either the Darwin or Provari. Which one do you prefer?
yeah baby! and the Reo is going to have the same VV internals too... i just think top feed is more precise, no guessing. The b/f is cleaner though.
I love the form factor on the VVPV too.
I am a Provari guy period... you may love the Darwin; i hear it is improved from first runs which i had objections to. I've had 3 provari's and sold one and my Buzz Pro to be ready for the VVPV.
Along with regulated VV, I love the meter functions on the Vari (i'd have a Darwin if i couldn't get a Vari)...

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
LOL...Well, they will have the same internals but, will use Notcig/Buzz VV technology. A lot of people seem to be getting the VVPV and I'm starting to get a bit interested in it. How does a top feeder operate? The form factor does look sleek though.

Anyways, haven't heard of any improvements on the Darwin. So, thanks for the info but, the only thing that bothers me is the control arm. Wish they just put a 510 connection on the top of it and an on/off switch. What was the exact problems that you were having with it?

Do like all the features that the Provari has too. I heard that it has issues with DCC at certain voltages. Have you had any problems with that? If I was going to get one of these then I'm sure I would be using a tank on it.

Did just get a mini LavaTube from Apollo. Guess I'm just using it as a test to see if I like a tube mod. Haven't gotten it yet but, I am anticipating how it functions. If I do like it then I will be moving onto a Provari. Who knows, I might just get both of them in the end.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
"they will have the same internals but, will use Notcig/Buzz VV technology. " that's what i mean; the VVPV and VV REO will have the same regulated VV internals.
The top feed system is a bit primitive; a pump bottle... the button is the plunger, BUT IT WORKS... i beta tested the final version and i loved it... it is predictably good at putting precisely one big drop per press right smack on the center of the wick or coil.

Darwin button was a pain to press in first run... the swing arm and connector has no drip well and the leaks would go right to the dial.

Darwin and Notcig VV's have higher amp limiter... meaning they can take LR without shutting off. No big deal really; after all it's VV and Provari will handle LR over 1.5 Ohms at low voltages.
The VVPV has double 14500 batt and will outlast the Provari that way.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Oops, sorry about that man. I totally misunderstood what you had wrote. So it gives exactly one drop for one button press? That's really impressive on how accurate the juice feeding system on the VVPV. Does it work with a 306?

Anyways, thanks for the info. That's one of the potential problems that I could see with the swing arm on the Darwin. As well as the inability to use a tank on it. But, I do like all the features that it has.

That's great to hear about what batts the VVPV uses. The double 14500's on my Army Tank lasts a while and so, I can imagine that the VVPV has the same battery life.

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
VVPV04.jpg

welps VVPV came in... surprised on how small it really is... I wonder if Mike will sell different covers?

Ody drip mode 2.5 ohms on VVPV

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
hey MX, mine is going back monday.... same issue; on/off switch seems like it is shorting out.
- bummer but that's what happens a lot with every new thing... from beta to production new issues can pop up; it's a mine-field.
guess that's how it goes eh? Look how long it's taking Rob at REO to get his VV out.

I am so ready for it because i know it will kick .... once the glitch is worked out. When a top feed comes along, it makes dripping seem like a PIA.
I have a bottom feeder but Top Feed tickles my fancy.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
If you compare the time it took the VVPV to come out vs the VV REO. Then Rob is ahead in the game and it will perfectly functional when it comes out. Top feed does seem like an appealing feature but, I'm more of a bottom feeder fan to be honest. Even though the VVPV really peaks my interest. I will be patiently waiting for Rob to release his masterpiece.

You should really check it out some time. The VV Grand has been redesigned.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
VVPV04.jpg

welps VVPV came in... surprised on how small it really is... I wonder if Mike will sell different covers?

Ody drip mode 2.5 ohms on VVPV

Sacker, this must be pretty good, I got 2 full Ody kits and was going to try the same thing, they vape like a freight train in every mode, looks great

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
Also, the EQ is alive again from what I have heard ;-) gonna be a while but it's making a comeback !

Just checking in.... been on the road for the last few weeks...
after taking a break for the board you can't imagine how irrelevant the eclipse (or whatever they call it when it's reborn) has become...

BTW: TSA is quite comfortable with the sight of a provari and 1/2 a dozen 18650's on the screen in the xray machine. Haven't been stopped once for it.

Just don't leave it in your pocket....

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Got one of two REO Woodvil VV unit and am doing some beta testing for Rob at REO.

All I can say at this point is WOW nice clean mod. Works like a champ. Matt (MWA) has the other one.

We will be doing a Review on them mid week next week after we run them for a few days and give Rob our feed back. I will try to post a few photos tomorrow if I get time.

It has to be the cleanest VV bottom fed mod I have seen so far.

More to come latter :)

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
hey have any of you all gotten any LV Gen's yet?..... how about the scuba US Gen atty?
have these started shipping?
I've been on both lists for the longest.

I am on both lists as well and have had NOTHING so far.

I know Dan had some issues so only a small batch went out first. I am on the bottom of that list.

The LV LOL who knows I ordered on built atty one kit and the mod. I keep hoping we do not hit the one year mark on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread