Not open for further replies.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Review of the REO Woodvil VV mod (Sorry for the delay on getting this over here)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/268456-review-reo-woodvil-vv-mod.html

REO Woodvil VV Specs:

Chip set By Notcigs
1. 3-3 to 5.5 volt adjustment
2. 15 watts maximum power output
3. Wheel adjustable voltage dial
4. Improved battery life Technology

6 ml juice capacity

Standard REO juice feed system.

Batterys (2) each

1. AW 18350 700aMh
2. Lifepo3 500aMh
3. Black AW ICR123 750aMh

4. Powerizer RCR123A (Recommended by Notcig for the Buzz)

Should work with most 123 battery's

There is a number of safety factors built in to the chip.

(I will try to get that info and post it) I may have missed a few things so please feel free to add to the spec list.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
Wayne looks like another solid device from Rob. Can't wait for the VV Reo Grand, should be a killer mod.

Yep this is a win all around.

I talked to Rob a few days ago the prints for the VV Grand are done and on there way to the shop to get the body's milled out.
He plans on building around 100 or so VV Woodvils while the Grands are being worked on and he should have 200-300 Grands if all works out right. :)

IMO this is the best VV Juice mode I have used to date.

I have been running it hard for the past 3 days with no issues. :)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Yep this is a win all around.

I talked to Rob a few days ago the prints for the VV Grand are done and on there way to the shop to get the body's milled out.
He plans on building around 100 or so VV Woodvils while the Grands are being worked on and he should have 200-300 Grands if all works out right. :)

IMO this is the best VV Juice mode I have used to date.

I have been running it hard for the past 3 days with no issues. :)
I see...

I've never been able to get really great batt times with the Buzz Pro myself... 2x16340

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
very cool Wayne! yowza... is he doing them in the Grand?
what's his eta for sales, and cost?
any 18650, 18500 VV Reo?

great review vid !

He is going to do a big batch of VV Grands, should be out in a month or so. I will keep you posted

I dont know the cost yet but will post it as soon as he gets the price for he VV Grands.

I have been using all the battery's I can but got the best out of the AW 18350's I will post more about battery life and how much juice I get through when I complete my testing of the battery's.

He is hoping that Evolve gets there act to gether on the moders chip this year so he can make a one battery VV so we can use our 18650's and 18490's but he would like the same chip as in the Darwin (12W) not 10W. I will keep you posted if I hear something.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
He is going to do a big batch of VV Grands, should be out in a month or so. I will keep you posted

I dont know the cost yet but will post it as soon as he gets the price for he VV Grands.

I have been using all the battery's I can but got the best out of the AW 18350's I will post more about battery life and how much juice I get through when I complete my testing of the battery's.

He is hoping that Evolve gets there act to gether on the moders chip this year so he can make a one battery VV so we can use our 18650's and 18490's but he would like the same chip as in the Darwin (12W) not 10W. I will keep you posted if I hear something.

Really do hope that Rob gets that chip from Evolv or maybe the kick. Then there will be the first ever VW REO. This is turning out to be one hell of a year.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Hey guys, heard about the V2 Provari? It goes low, like LR. 3.5 amp limiter, starts at 2.9v.
That should help for Genesis attys with LR coils for one thing.
I read you can send your Provari in for an upgrade; only $20 bucks does it.
I sold my 2 first run Vari's and got a new one in August '11.

BTW the VVPV is out; had some issues with the spring for the battery coming in wrong from the producers and now it's fixed.
Mike at notcigs is working on a d/t adapter; much needed. The existing d/t with tube is "not happening"... juice gets stuck; it's just a plastic whistle tip, I believe from a 901 atty as it has a long base to slide on to the atty.
MWA has a Pyrex donut Trippy Tip with a tube hole for it. TT is still setting up for making these available for the VVPV. I think it's Matt's idea.
I'm just waiting to see what happens with these before I can say my VVPV is up and running like it should.

Last edited:

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
Hey guys, heard about the V2 Provari? It goes low, like LR. 3.5 amp limiter, starts at 2.9v.
That should help for Genesis attys with LR coils for one thing.
I read you can send your Provari in for an upgrade; only $20 bucks does it.
I sold my 2 first run Vari's and got a new one in August '11.

BTW the VVPV is out; had some issues with the spring for the battery coming in wrong from the producers and now it's fixed.
Mike at notcigs is working on a d/t adapter; much needed. The existing d/t with tube is "not happening"... juice gets stuck; it's just a plastic whistle tip, I believe from a 901 atty as it has a long base to slide on to the atty.
MWA has a Pyrex donut Trippy Tip with a tube hole for it. TT is still setting up for making these available for the VVPV. I think it's Matt's idea.
I'm just waiting to see what happens with these before I can say my VVPV is up and running like it should.

Hmmm time to break out the wallet for something other than flavoring ;-). 2 original provari's going back for an update and seriously looking at a black satin unit... the gold plated bling just isn't my style though :)

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
Hmmm time to break out the wallet for something other than flavoring ;-). 2 original provari's going back for an update and seriously looking at a black satin unit... the gold plated bling just isn't my style though :)

Just traded my original Provari and then this, damn it. Just got tired of the E1 and 2 errors. I like my vape a bit hotter than most people and the provari wouldn't allow me to vape that way. May buy a V2 now but I'll wait for some reviews.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Black Satin w/ Blue LED (in March) is "trick". Are you getting the V2 upgrade?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I just looked at the Provari FAQ page (when you click on email there is an extended FAQ); and the upgrade question says they just make changes to the board "update the board". Hmm I wonder if they just change the settings to the existing board ?
As far as I know that's allowing for lower voltage (to 2.9) and a higher amp limiter (3.5); is that all they have to do?
I don't mean "is that all" like i could do it or anything...but do you think it's basically the same Provari with adjusted specs?
BLue LED is $15 more and no pre-orders; just first come when they show up mid March.

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
Sacker, this must be pretty good, I got 2 full Ody kits and was going to try the same thing, they vape like a freight train in every mode, looks great

yea same here 2 ody kits, ody hit's well on just about anything... this was my make shift using the supplied stock cart dt when I first got the VVPV, 306d carto sleeve, 2 o-rings, and center with tape to prevent it from bending. Still searching for better DT without to much efforts, and looking at varietals that folks are making, and some of them remind me of Shadow's adapter but in the dt itself.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I just looked at the Provari FAQ page (when you click on email there is an extended FAQ); and the upgrade question says they just make changes to the board "update the board". Hmm I wonder if they just change the settings to the existing board ?
As far as I know that's allowing for lower voltage (to 2.9) and a higher amp limiter (3.5); is that all they have to do?
I don't mean "is that all" like i could do it or anything...but do you think it's basically the same Provari with adjusted specs?
BLue LED is $15 more and no pre-orders; just first come when they show up mid March.

Besides the amp limit of the chip. Then that's all that has been changed from what I noticed. Which does deal with many of the complaints that people had. Which was that they couldn't use a DCC on a Provari without the E1 message showing up.

With a 1.7 ohm resurrector, I got up to 5.6V. As for the DCC, I got up to the max voltage of 6V without any error messages. The one thing that I did notice is that the menu has gotten re-arranged.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
hey wash, i just "picked up" a Reo mini; all black stealth, from the classies today. I sent my XL Vmod in under warranty for a crack in the plastic inner housing, and was missing a bottom feeder.
The weather is hard on wood here as two Phids warped, one of them twice. I used to have the Reo metal set, but I sold all my bf's almost a year ago. Lately I think i've got the hang of a mechanical 3.7 pv, and liking bottom feeding again (LR and IMR AW all the way).

** got an email from Uwe today; mailing my 2 Gen LV's on monday. (assembled)** wow.
From what i've seen, they look pretty crude (inside - coil area) compared to the Line, but the proof will be in the vaping.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Hey Ukeman,

Congrats on getting the mini!!! Got the same combo for one of my mini's too. Definitely won't have to worry about the body breaking with a REO. I think it's great that your getting back into bottom feeders. They really are great when your out and about. Definitely agree that LR and IMR batts are hard to beat. Sorry to hear about your Phids. Does sound like the weather over there is a bit much for them. Which is the bad thing about wooden mods.

Great to hear that you got your notice on the Gen LV's. Can't wait to hear about what you think of them and how they vape. Haven't really seen any pics of it yet. Still debating if I'm going to get one of those. Probably will since I wanted a rebuildable tank for a while now.

Anyways, don't forget to visit the REO sub-forum sometimes. A lot of good people there and plenty of news about the VV REO's coming out like the VV Grand. You should see the changes in design. It's something else.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
hey wash, i just "picked up" a Reo mini; all black stealth, from the classies today. I sent my XL Vmod in under warranty for a crack in the plastic inner housing, and was missing a bottom feeder.
The weather is hard on wood here as two Phids warped, one of them twice. I used to have the Reo metal set, but I sold all my bf's almost a year ago. Lately I think i've got the hang of a mechanical 3.7 pv, and liking bottom feeding again (LR and IMR AW all the way).

** got an email from Uwe today; mailing my 2 Gen LV's on monday. (assembled)** wow.
From what i've seen, they look pretty crude (inside - coil area) compared to the Line, but the proof will be in the vaping.

Good luck with Uwe mailing out your GLV's. He's told me several different dates and mine have yet to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread