The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your 510

Discussion in 'Joye 510' started by kristin, Oct 16, 2009.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. UpInVapor

UpInVapor Full Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I've been completely out of touch the last 5 days, so I'm trying to catch up. I also am getting sores in my mouth, mostly inside bottom lip, when I use one of the new attys. I have a several new ones from 5 packs from TW that I will try and thoroughly clean and see what happens.
    The last 5 days I've been heavy on the go, and extremely frustrated. I had to actually use the nic lozenges during parts of the day, because I didn't have the time to mess with things, at least I didn't revert to analogs.
    I'm going to order some new attys as you guys have suggested and hope for the best.
    I'm beyond frustrated with my 510, and going to toss it if I cant' figure out something soon, which makes me sad because it was stellar before all of this BS...

2. GoodDog

GoodDog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    SF East Bay
    UpInVapor... you're not alone! It's been very frustrating, but don't give up!

I just ordered an eGo and I'm hoping I didn't dig a deeper hole. Remie and others have said the Joye attys made for Janty and TW don't have this problem. The SLB 510 attys from MadVapor are still going strong for me and still taste great!

3. UpInVapor

UpInVapor Full Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I have 2 five packs from TW. 7 of the 10 so far have the problem. I have been able to revive 1 of my older attys and it does not have this issue. However this is comparing apples to oranges, the revived atty has a much harder draw, and is bound to be running at a lower temp...
    When I have the time I'll do my best to clean one of the other TW attys and see what happens.

I've read through the posts but am not clear on which vendor to order attys from. What would you suggest?

4. GoodDog

GoodDog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    SF East Bay
    UpInVapor... I bought a few of the SLB 510s from MapVapes and they're fine. I don't know who else sells them.

5. Drozd

Drozd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    NW Ohio
    my janty dura (warrantied) attys are fine but it's a pain right now to catch them when they have them in stock...and well with a 6 month warranty on them whould be worry free...granted they're more expensive..but I find a hassle free 6mo worth that

6. Remie

Remie Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2009
    Florida
    Just out of curiosity - UpInVapor - are your TW atties the ones marked MP (multipack)? Or the ones they charge more for?

7. Drozd

Drozd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    NW Ohio
    reading that it looks like they're multipacks..

8. Remie

Remie Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2009
    Florida
    After vaping on the atties that are are sold with the warranty - I'm going to have to agree with you Drozd. It is worth the extra money to me for a hassle free vape.

I do think there is a difference - they are much more consistent and there is no funky burned or noxious taste or smell.

There has to be a reason why these atomizers are sold at a higher price and with a warranty.

9. Whistle_Pig

Whistle_Pig Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2010
    Littleton, CO, U.S.
    I should have all my "starter" supplies by the end of the week -- from 3 different suppliers. Hey, why not jump in with both feet? :D So I'm reading this thread for I think the 3rd time. Good stuff folks. Esp. Kristin.

Does anyone know what that primer fluid is? Well, okay, that's sorta rhetorical, 'cause I'm sure if someone did, it'd be well-documented. But considering what I've read about various stuff from China, e.g. melamine, formaldehyde, etc., in products where it shouldn't be ... (like the big drywall problem right now in the Southern states) I don't know that I want to puff'n'blow to burn it off. Not if I can get rid of it with ... I dunno ... high-strength methyl alcohol maybe. (i.e. the dmarnaud2 seems like the way to go)

10. Whistle_Pig

Whistle_Pig Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2010
    Littleton, CO, U.S.
    After recalling something I read about denatured alcohol, and then doing a search for an MSDS for gas-line drier (cheapest source for "pure" methyl alcohol) I won't be trying that. It ain't 100% alcohol. I won't be using any alcohols, except for grain alcohols specifically made for ingestion.

ETA: I'm rethinking this. No point in repeating myself, but sjohnson got a few more of my neurons firing (seems I can't link to another thread yet), and I'll reply over there. Thread is <i>5936-refilling-carts-syringe-6.html#post1272740</i>.

11. ladybug51

ladybug51 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2008
    Southern CA, USA
    I'm finding quite the opposite of late. My atty's are either harsh, have a hard draw, or die pretty fast. This is only of late. The last 6 mos.? or less. They are great for the first couple-three days. I am so frustrated and so is Janty.:confused:

12. dmarnaud2

dmarnaud2 Full Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Tauranga, New Zealand
    You might give the 510 atty's made by SLB a try. James at ValueVapor has em for $4.99 ea. DSE-510 Atomizers [DSE-510 Atomizer] - $4.99 : ValueVapor.com, Discount Electronic Cigarettes and e-Liquid

I bought some of these and average resistance is about 3.1 ohms instead of the Joy 2.3 Ohms so they don't seem be as harsh as the Joy atty's. I haven't used them enough to have a good handle on longevity but Iused one for about a week and didn't notice any hard draw or burnt taste like the official Joy attys. At $4.99 each, if you get a week out of each one your juice/hardware cost should still be about $3.50 a day, max.

E-cig's are evil..."Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain;
    The Great and Powerful Oz has Spoken"

13. banjo

banjo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2010
    Rio Oso, CA
    East Mall has LR510 attys on sale in packs of 5 for $3 ea. - the best price I've seen. I ordered 4 packs, and even with the $17 shipping from China, they only cost me $3.85 ea. You can get them here: www.EastMall.net Eastmall International Co.,Ltd :2cool:

14. ladybug51

ladybug51 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2008
    Southern CA, USA
    I have the Janty Dura-C attys and don't know anything about OHM's or ?Volts? Can't find the original pamphlet and it doesn't say anything on the site. Do you or anyone else know if this LR510 is okay for my Janty Dura-C manual batteries? Thank you.

15. kawirich

kawirich Full Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Bermuda Dunes, SoCal
    thank you very much to you, every one who has posted to this thread, now i know allmost everthing there is to know about my Joye 510, i say almost cuz you allways can learn something. :vapor:

16. Scottbee

Scottbee Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Okauchee Lake, WI
    That wouldn't be a good combo. The resistance of the LR atties is a bit too low for that style battery.

17. jojogardener

jojogardener Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    Northeast
    Hi

Can anyone help?
    I just got a 510 pt and it only works at my computer.
    I got very excited, thinking I could use the PT in my car, but It does not work with a car charger nor a wall outlet!
    Why is that?

18. Tensu

Tensu Full Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Sweden
    Great guide Kristen! But one thing tho, how big is it? Length, thickness and weight?

19. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just ordered from Madvapes. Stick of the burnt taste.

20. Elvis Veiz

Elvis Veiz Full Member

Nov 3, 2010
    ny
    I would not recommend people clean their atty's by soaking them in Diet Cola. Diet Cola has a horrible chemical in it called Aspartame. It causes cancer and microscopic holes in your brain by overstimulating your neurons and essentially melting them. Vaporizing that stuff can't be good either. But hey don't take my word do your own research. Im just giving you a heads up to prevent harm to e cig users, so it might be better to edit the first post.