Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpInVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I've been completely out of touch the last 5 days, so I'm trying to catch up. I also am getting sores in my mouth, mostly inside bottom lip, when I use one of the new attys. I have a several new ones from 5 packs from TW that I will try and thoroughly clean and see what happens.
The last 5 days I've been heavy on the go, and extremely frustrated. I had to actually use the nic lozenges during parts of the day, because I didn't have the time to mess with things, at least I didn't revert to analogs.
I'm going to order some new attys as you guys have suggested and hope for the best.
I'm beyond frustrated with my 510, and going to toss it if I cant' figure out something soon, which makes me sad because it was stellar before all of this BS...

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
UpInVapor... you're not alone! It's been very frustrating, but don't give up!

I just ordered an eGo and I'm hoping I didn't dig a deeper hole. Remie and others have said the Joye attys made for Janty and TW don't have this problem. The SLB 510 attys from MadVapor are still going strong for me and still taste great!

UpInVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I have 2 five packs from TW. 7 of the 10 so far have the problem. I have been able to revive 1 of my older attys and it does not have this issue. However this is comparing apples to oranges, the revived atty has a much harder draw, and is bound to be running at a lower temp...
When I have the time I'll do my best to clean one of the other TW attys and see what happens.

I've read through the posts but am not clear on which vendor to order attys from. What would you suggest?

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
my janty dura (warrantied) attys are fine but it's a pain right now to catch them when they have them in stock...and well with a 6 month warranty on them whould be worry free...granted they're more expensive..but I find a hassle free 6mo worth that

After vaping on the atties that are are sold with the warranty - I'm going to have to agree with you Drozd. It is worth the extra money to me for a hassle free vape.

I do think there is a difference - they are much more consistent and there is no funky burned or noxious taste or smell.

There has to be a reason why these atomizers are sold at a higher price and with a warranty.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
I should have all my "starter" supplies by the end of the week -- from 3 different suppliers. Hey, why not jump in with both feet? :D So I'm reading this thread for I think the 3rd time. Good stuff folks. Esp. Kristin.

Does anyone know what that primer fluid is? Well, okay, that's sorta rhetorical, 'cause I'm sure if someone did, it'd be well-documented. But considering what I've read about various stuff from China, e.g. melamine, formaldehyde, etc., in products where it shouldn't be ... (like the big drywall problem right now in the Southern states) I don't know that I want to puff'n'blow to burn it off. Not if I can get rid of it with ... I dunno ... high-strength methyl alcohol maybe. (i.e. the dmarnaud2 seems like the way to go)

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Does anyone know what that primer fluid is?
<snip>
... high-strength methyl alcohol maybe. (i.e. the dmarnaud2 seems like the way to go)

After recalling something I read about denatured alcohol, and then doing a search for an MSDS for gas-line drier (cheapest source for "pure" methyl alcohol) I won't be trying that. It ain't 100% alcohol. I won't be using any alcohols, except for grain alcohols specifically made for ingestion.

ETA: I'm rethinking this. No point in repeating myself, but sjohnson got a few more of my neurons firing (seems I can't link to another thread yet), and I'll reply over there. Thread is <i>5936-refilling-carts-syringe-6.html#post1272740</i>.

Last edited:

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
After vaping on the atties that are are sold with the warranty - I'm going to have to agree with you Drozd. It is worth the extra money to me for a hassle free vape.

I do think there is a difference - they are much more consistent and there is no funky burned or noxious taste or smell.

There has to be a reason why these atomizers are sold at a higher price and with a warranty.

I'm finding quite the opposite of late. My atty's are either harsh, have a hard draw, or die pretty fast. This is only of late. The last 6 mos.? or less. They are great for the first couple-three days. I am so frustrated and so is Janty.:confused:

dmarnaud2

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Tauranga, New Zealand
I'm finding quite the opposite of late. My atty's are either harsh, have a hard draw, or die pretty fast. This is only of late. The last 6 mos.? or less. They are great for the first couple-three days. I am so frustrated and so is Janty.:confused:

You might give the 510 atty's made by SLB a try. James at ValueVapor has em for $4.99 ea. DSE-510 Atomizers [DSE-510 Atomizer] - $4.99 : ValueVapor.com, Discount Electronic Cigarettes and e-Liquid

I bought some of these and average resistance is about 3.1 ohms instead of the Joy 2.3 Ohms so they don't seem be as harsh as the Joy atty's. I haven't used them enough to have a good handle on longevity but Iused one for about a week and didn't notice any hard draw or burnt taste like the official Joy attys. At $4.99 each, if you get a week out of each one your juice/hardware cost should still be about $3.50 a day, max.

E-cig's are evil..."Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain;
The Great and Powerful Oz has Spoken"

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
East Mall has LR510 attys on sale in packs of 5 for $3 ea. - the best price I've seen. I ordered 4 packs, and even with the $17 shipping from China, they only cost me $3.85 ea. You can get them here: www.EastMall.net Eastmall International Co.,Ltd :2cool:

I have the Janty Dura-C attys and don't know anything about OHM's or ?Volts? Can't find the original pamphlet and it doesn't say anything on the site. Do you or anyone else know if this LR510 is okay for my Janty Dura-C manual batteries? Thank you.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I have the Janty Dura-C attys and don't know anything about OHM's or ?Volts? Can't find the original pamphlet and it doesn't say anything on the site. Do you or anyone else know if this LR510 is okay for my Janty Dura-C manual batteries? Thank you.

That wouldn't be a good combo. The resistance of the LR atties is a bit too low for that style battery.

Elvis Veiz

Nov 3, 2010
ny
I would not recommend people clean their atty's by soaking them in Diet Cola. Diet Cola has a horrible chemical in it called Aspartame. It causes cancer and microscopic holes in your brain by overstimulating your neurons and essentially melting them. Vaporizing that stuff can't be good either. But hey don't take my word do your own research. Im just giving you a heads up to prevent harm to e cig users, so it might be better to edit the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread