The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your 510

Discussion in 'Joye 510' started by kristin, Oct 16, 2009.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kristin

kristin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    I appreciate that you took the time to give us the heads up.

As far as a soaking, it's instructed to rinse it thoroughly in hot water after the soak, so I doubt there would be any aspartame left in the atty after that. While I wouldn't recommend using diet cola anymore, as other things in it could gunk up and break the atty (so it's not the best cleaner anyhow,) but I can't go back and edit that post anymore since it's so old. I now recommend Polident or just a good rinse with hot water. (I doubt too many people will choose diet cola as a cleaner more than once, if that makes you feel a little better.)

You may also want to read this: Aspartame controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I realize wiki isn't always the best authority, however this seems well-researched and sourced and confirms other sources I read. If you're a true believer of the claims about aspartame I doubt this would sway you, but it convinced me.

Frankly, after reading comments and articles on the net, I feel the concern about aspartame seems about as baseless as concerns about anti-freeze and carcinogens in e-cigarettes and kids being lured by flavors and will "graduate" to smoking. Of course, if anyone has concerns or feels uncomfortable about ANY product they are consuming, they should simply exercise their personal choice not to use that product.

Anyhow, I guess I'm trying to say that even if I'm wrong and aspartame is as bad as they claim, very few people will probably choose diet cola as a regular cleaner and even if they did, after a thorough hot water rinse there shouldn't be any traces of it left in the atty. So, I wouldn't worry too much about it being in the article. Since you already posted a warning on the thread, people concerned about aspartame won't use it now.

Thanks again - it's good of you to be looking out for fellow vapers! :)

2. Olef

Olef Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2011
    UK
    Kristen, thank you very much for starting this thread. I've been vaping for just over a week now using an eGo-T and having got fed up with the leaks and hard draw I ordered some 510 atties and carts. They turned up about an hour ago and I am enjoying the first one now, armed with the knowledge herein!

Olef

3. dragonlover

dragonlover Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2011
    chicopee ma
    Hey Kristen could I use Efferdent instead of Polident to try to clean my attys? I have a partial and a huge box of efferdent I bought at BJ's. Can't seem to justify buying a different denture cleaner just to clean my attys. Oh and is it neccessary to dry burn. my egos have a 5 second shut off switch so I'm not sure I could get the atty hot enough

thanks

4. fairweasel2323

fairweasel2323 Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
    can u dry burn a tank atty got a 510-T really just I got time to let dry just wandering and wandering what is the best to use to clean its still getting warm just less vapor? I was going to try alcohol but im out I do have coke cola?

5. berto7987

berto7987 Full Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    fairweasel2323, I would recommend getting some cheap DISTILLED vodka. Rubbing alcohol will work too but you must make sure you give the atty at least 48 hrs to dry. Vaping rubbing alcohol is not good to go and will damage the tissue in your lungs. Ok, so take the vodka and a soak the atty in it. With your fingers or tweezers, turn the atty different ways and let the alcohol run through the inner workings at least 10 times. Then, allow the atty to simply soak for about 15-20 minutes. If you used vodka, it only takes about 6-8 hrs for it to dry, blow out any left over vodka out of the connector side. This should clean it out pretty good and you should get a much better life out of the atty. Hope this works for you and good luck. Keep on vaping.

6. Dawn

Dawn Full Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Indiana
    I've been vaping the joye 510 for over a year now and I love it. I mainly vape with a pass-through off my computer. Is there a tank I can get for my joye 510? I was looking at a Dual Coil 510 Tank 3.5 ML but I am not sure if this is for my joye 510? This is what I was looking at Dual Coil 510 Tank 3.5 ML Does this work with my joye 510 battery and/or with my pass-through? If not is there some other tank that would work with what I have? A tank uses a cartomizer not an atomizer, right??

7. bols2DaWall

bols2DaWall Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Don't know where else to post this , i couldn't really find much info in the forums about this , lots of good review vids but that's about it .
    510 Torch
    Not sure if these are something really new or ......... ?
    I bought one ( i was only a 1/2 PAD smoker though) and i'm really happy with it , Super simple to use .

8. lindsayfox

lindsayfox Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 30, 2012
    Newport beach, CA
    Some of the specifications i like in joye 510 is availability in various LED color which i like the most and It provides you 5 cartridges which is great.The vapor that it generates and the maximum capacity to hold the liquid makes it better choice for every one.

9. Koman
    This message by Koman has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Sep 12, 2014.
    Nov 26, 2012
  10. Karenana
    This message by Karenana has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 6, 2014, Reason: Forum Rules.
    May 6, 2014