fc-2000 porous ceramic wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
yes, I would even say that a good ceramic setup can be permanent (maybe a bit adventurous). I have 2 DIDs that I don't look at as rebuildables anymore. When I feel performance is slowing down, i fill the tank with water, do a wet 'boil', slowly emptying the tank to clean the wick pores then finish with a dry burn to clean the coils. good as new. I think the "rebuildable" concept has been redefined with these wicks.

The FC2000 "Permawick"

ericska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
vape mail alert... Rauschert's in the house :rickroll:

Mine received, but... :cry:
IMG_1861.jpg

Five sticks became 7 sticks...:laugh:

Fortunately, Thomas will replace 2 sticks in my next order. And said this time will ship in the water. Whada nice guy.

DSmooch

ECF Veteran
Mine received, but... :cry:
View attachment 210362

Five sticks became 7 sticks...:laugh:

Fortunately, Thomas will replace 2 sticks in my next order. And said this time will ship in the water. Whada nice guy.

I got mine in vg... lesson learned I guess!

they are brittle... i can tell by how easy I trimmed one. I messed the the first EHW then I tried to precoil on a tool then insert like fraulein on YT, that didn't go either. I feel like a newbie, I just realized its been a long time since I wrapped one!

Edit:
I managed a EHW, not one of my best. the wick handled 3 of them in a row without snapping.
Wire: new 27 gauge from zivipf for about .8ohm. vaping as expected. I have the feeling the wick liquid retention is better by the way it absorbed drops. Open DID is a bit over wicking. yes I said over wicking on regular tilt. I adjusted my tilt down to 5oclock. I'll go through a tank or 2 then close the DID's fill hole: the ultimate test. will report later.

ericska, what's your take? have you had the chance to test yet?

Last edited:

SteveW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Australia

they are brittle... i can tell by how easy I trimmed one. I messed the the first EHW then I tried to precoil on a tool then insert like fraulein on YT, that didn't go either. I feel like a newbie, I just realized its been a long time since I wrapped one!

Edit:
I managed a EHW, not one of my best. the wick handled 3 of them in a row without snapping.
Wire: new 27 gauge from zivipf for about .8ohm. vaping as expected. I have the feeling the wick liquid retention is better by the way it absorbed drops. Open DID is a bit over wicking. yes I said over wicking on regular tilt. I adjusted my tilt down to 5oclock. I'll go through a tank or 2 then close the DID's fill hole: the ultimate test. will report later.

Sounds VERY interesting DS. I have some on the way as well. I will try the electric annealing method and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing mate.

zygote

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
new york

Edit:

WOW, seems like they are more fragile than ceramic? Is the fragility outweighing the superior wicking?, and please let us know if you can vaporize all that juice.

DSmooch

ECF Veteran
not sure about "superior wicking", they're a bit thinner than the FCs so the "over wicking" might be only due to a better air flow.
Fragile definitely. brittle, crushable... looks like the EHW left grooves on them. But I have no choice with a 27g.
Definitely not a lot of trial and error options on these.
I still have a bad coil so I can't report anything accurate yet...

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
does 1.75 fit the stock aga t2 wick hole or not?

The "1.75" is the length (correct length for the AGA), but the wicks are all 1/8 inch diameter now as far as I know. You will have to drill the AGA-T2 wick hole to 1/8 if you want to use them. I drilled mine and there's room, though it pretty tight...

If you don't want to mess with it, get an RSST- They come with a 1/8 inch wick hole (or can be made larger by simply knocking out the wick bushing, though 1/8 seems to work the best). The RSSTs are under $30 now, and readily available.

Good luck

zygote

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
new york
Ok... on my end, these are a definite "no go"...
very fragile (3 snapped), very very very poor wicking (which I confused for bad coils).
Even Fishstix perform better.
Maybe others will have better results!
sorry guys, wish I had better news... I so appreciate the FC now!

Thanks for breaking the trail and sorry they did not work.......If you want i have some 32k laying around for a comparison test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread