First impressions of the Green Cig cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Well needvapor sent me a couple of Gree Cig Cartomizers to play with. Thank you!

These do not have the air holes on the side like the KR808d cartomizers. What that means is that your battery must have a slot cut out where the connection is at.

I don't have my dremel tool, but I bet I could cut the cartomizer down by the threads thus making the batteries with no slot. Work with these cartomizers. It would also not be that hard to cut a notch out of those batteries to make them work correctly.

Now I do have the Vapor Country Cartomizer adapter, and it works really well with these. Plenty of air flow into the Green Cig atomizer, and gives it a great vaping flavor.

Now refilling vs the KR808d first look.

The KR808d for now has the Green Cig beat in my eyes. I can pop the top with ease, and refill 18 drops into it within mins. It's topped off, and I know that it will vape all day.

YouTube - Refilling the kr808d cartomizer also known as the vapor king

The Green Cig's top is a little different(I will post pics/video later). The top has a little hole that goes down a little. There looks like there is no way to pull it off without damaging it in some way. Then when you get it off there is this glue that is not in KR808d cartomizers. It could be knocked off, and fall down into what you are vapping very easily.

After you get that off you will see a hard plastic inside the Green Cig Cartomizer. The best way to pull this out is with a paper clip with a small L bent into it. Side it down the side where the vapor would come out, and then turn it to where the L would be under it then pull.

It looks like a standard cart looks like with say a 901, but it's deeper than a 901 would be. Well not so much deeper; it's because it's not connected to a tip to vape with.

You could then refill it like you would with a standard cart, but putting it back in maybe tricky. I don't think you would want to push it in to far that it could maybe melt the cart. It does need to hit the horse hair looking stuff for it to wick into the heating element.

I'm almost sure a needle would work best to refill them threw the battery end, but I'm not 100% certain about that without trying it.

Here is a mod that I have down to the Green Cig to make them a really good dripping cartomizer. I took a dead 901, and pulled out all the old nylon that it uses to wick with. I then folded it up in almost a ball, and pushed it down into the cartomizer. After that I just slipped on a 901 cart on the end, and dripped vapped with the cartomizer with great results. In all truths it is vapping just like it was before, but I can just drip liquid inside of it to vape. Now I know that I could reuse that Nylon if I was to do it again to another cartomizer. So if you drip, and want a good cheap atomizer the Green Cig maybe one to look at.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Wow DaMulta, I never thought of just eliminating the little cart...That seems so simple now that U have said it though...Why even bother putting the cart back in? I dont use the caps either as I have a cartomizer condom from the KR carts that I just slide over the end and it has a nice feel and it slips right off when I want to refill...Good thinkin pal...
Drew

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
Now I do have the Vapor Country Cartomizer adapter, and it works really well with these. Plenty of air flow into the Green Cig atomizer, and gives it a great vaping flavor.
So what do you think of the vapor? Even on that 901 battery I get a ton more vapor from it than my kr808 carts.
I did use that adapter and to me there is too much airflow for the greencig cart.. Its better on a KR808.. do you have a 901 passthrough? even better yet!
now refilling..LOL.. I messed with these last night.. umm the cart was a mess.. before I spoke to youtubecommercial.. what a figgin mess I made out of my cart! She said the easiest way to get that out was to poke a hole "a small one" with one of the dental picks from drew and pull up.. now that I have it straight I can do it.. but.. I did something wrong because the vape is different now =( not as much flavor or air.. I will get it worked out and get a vid up.
Is it not strong enough for you? You will most likely need to drip that 24 with drew's 48 on it!
I will upload my mess from yesterday.. trial and error..LOL I had massive error!!! You'll see!
Also after refilling the kr808 carts I noticed more of a throat hit when you push that little rubber thing on the inside closer to the filler.
Lori B

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Well I have a very very small peice of painters tape on my adapter. I most it over, and off the hole to change the airflow on the cartomizers. Some need more air than others I have found on the 808.

With the Green Cig Cartomizers I had to move it all the way off of the hole. So I'm getting just the right air(at least with these) with the adapter perfectly. If I felt that I was getting to much I could cover the hole up, and make it harder to pull the vapor out of it.

I think both the KR808, and the Green Cig give simular vapor with the air hole being againsted to them. The Green Cig does give off a tade more tho, but not so much more to run home to tell your mother about.

I have tried them on the stock KR808 battery, the 18650 battery, and the USB passthough.

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
apparently the rubber ring insert stopped the leakage.. none whatsoever.. it taste awesome and vapor still great.. but I still think the greencigs produce at least 2 to 3x the amount of vapor.. especially on the passthrough.. my batt's are near dead.. need recharging so lets see when I play more tomorrow with other stuffing!
Did you try the metal cart? the flavor is less but the vapor is ridiculous on that one! They are great for dripping! (those were the weak ones) Drew pulled because less flavor) Waiting for new shipment.....:D

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Well the passthough gives you more voltage which makes the cartomizer vape hotter. You should try a fresh Kr808d at 7.2v lol.

Yes, I tried both of them, and yes they both work really well. They kind of remind me of a 901.

----
Right now I have an apple Kr808 cartomizer on my Chuck vapping away on it catching up on the DVR recordings lol....I plan to try out your mix here in a while.

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Well the passthough gives you more voltage which makes the cartomizer vape hotter. You should try a fresh Kr808d at 7.2v lol.
LOL.. are ya trying to kill me! SO you were vaping both of these on mods.. ahha!! The closest thing I have to a MOD is the pass through from Drew..
I dont like my 901.. I like the atty's sometimes on the KR808 but not on the 901 battery..so inconsistent!
Ya let me know what ya think.. dying to hear.. warning havent tried on a MOD.. I added extra flavor for taste on a greencart and 510.. not sure how thats gonna work out but very curious! Hope it saves the bears! Or I suspect I will be PM'd a BLOW up! LMAO!
Thank you... Demulta!

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Yeah that's how I view passthroughs as a professional mod really. It allows for consistent voltage thus a consistent and nice hit. I can't understand why people still bother with the 3 piece units after I tried the KR808D-1 then moved on to the GreenCig. It just makes sense once you see these and use them that they are far more advanced than the 3 piece models.

buttercrunch

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Oregon
Did everyone see this? I don't know why everyone isn't doing it...it's the BEST!!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ng-around.html
It's my perfect vape, the best of both worlds, I've never loved vaping as much as I do since I tried this! you can use carts or even drip right onto the "mystery hair" stuff! I think these GC attys just keep going and going and going! this mod with Drew's HV makes vapor so thick that I can't see through it-seriously!! I have to wave it out of the way sometimes..
I use a 901 flat tip filled with tulle/organza ribbon, chopped CG cart, and my auto KR batts or PT. heaven!!!!heaven!!!!heaven!!!!heaven!!!!heaven!!!!

PS, to remove the inner cart the easy way, instead of using a bent paper clip, just tap the open tube on the table and the inner cart will slide right down to the opening so you can pull it out easily.

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
PS, to remove the inner cart the easy way, instead of using a bent paper clip, just tap the open tube on the table and the inner cart will slide right down to the opening so you can pull it out easily.
LOL.. is that all you have to do?? hahahha I messed up quite a few carts playing around tonight.. I was using the dental pick and getting very frustrated .. I bent the cart all sorts of funny!!
The link dosnt work.. can you get it again?
here is the bad shape cart.. 2 of them..
cartmods019.jpg

cartmods006-1.jpg

go ahead.. laugh!!! :lol:

I had a blast with the dremel and actually modded the greencart so you can screw all the way down on a Kr808.. not sure if anyone else has done this.. all I did was make a mark in the green cig cart where when screwed on tight matched up to the 2 holes.. I pushed down with the dremel bit and whallahh
cartmods007.jpg

cartmods008.jpg

the dremel tip I used it right next to it.
If you are worried about shavings in cart just put the plug from the kr808 cart into greencig hole while using dremel.

I also discovered that a 510 whistle tip fits better on the greencart with the "cart filler plastic thing" pulled out... now slides right in perfectly!
cartmods010.jpg

wiggle that brown cart out of tan cart.
I need to also get a tiny bit for my dremel to make the hole in the side of the 901 for the airhole.. I got the slots in the battery fine and YES I have video to post and will get it up Friday.
Also after I finally got the cart inside out I cut the one end of it off to allow easy refilling and then I used the rubber circle from the kr808 insides and put that right on top of that. then added the whistle tip.. I have to tell you these carts can take a figgin beating! I had fun if not for anything else!
cartmods016.jpg

cartmods019.jpg

cartmods014.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread