Not open for further replies.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
If the tube has good venting like the SΩI Shorty, Broadside, Raven, etc. it's fine. You just need to do your homework and be very picky when selecting Tubes. With Tubes I build around 0.18Ω - 0.22Ω using Sony VTC5A's which are 25A, with parallels I build around 0.13Ω - 0.17Ω again with Sony VTC5A's.

I know there are some that build below 0.1Ω like between 0.05Ω - 0.08Ω and below on single tubes, me I believe that is not only unnecessary but dumb. Let me put it into perspective, 0.00Ω is a dead short, with voltage drop along with battery sag this is very dangerous and unnecessary. I can get a very nice warm and responsive vape on a single tube with a SS fused Clapton using around 29g or 30g core wire with around a 38g - 40g wrapping wire. What I really dislike also with builds around 0.1Ω the atty and mod gets hot very quick and retains the heat. With Mech's it's a balancing act. The mod, Battery and Atty is the combination that all comes into play, most of the fun with Mech's is searching for that perfect combination. Once found the Vape is a pure joy and very satisfying that no regulated mod can touch IMO.

Anyway welcome to the Rabbit Hole!

So now I sit and wait for that slow ship from China. Oh well, I figure for $30 I can't go wrong.
https://www.efun.top/ru/geekvape-mech-pro-box-mod.html?mw_aref=7514e9c19f8144d076a81176f7d085d4

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I don’t think is wise to say the way a vape is dumb I know shag I’m doing my Lowest tube build has been .05 norm adv .07 but I also have 2 mods when one heats up I move 2 the 2nd
5 years on mechs have. Not been above .11 in over a year
On my parallel .046 atm on my bomber

You may say it’s not ur kinda vaping but find it ride to say it’s dumb it’s fine if u know what ur doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't take offence but in my Opinion that's exactly what I believe poking a dead short is. There are many parallels out there with 2,3 and even 4 batteries. There really is no justifiable reason to super subohm with a single battery Mod, seriously.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Don't take offence but in my Opinion that's exactly what I believe poking a dead short is. There are many parallels out there with 2,3 and even 4 batteries. There really is no justifiable reason to super subohm with a single battery Mod, seriously.

I would like to be higher on my tubes but can’t find a vape I like yes I like to could chase I know lot think that is dumb not it’s how I like to vape if some one cans give me a build that can blow like this I will try it and see
799784a1aaf67eb4f89dd2658d8a9968.png

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I would like to be higher on my tubes but can’t find a vape I like yes I like to could chase I know lot think that is dumb not it’s how I like to vape if some one cans give me a build that can blow like this I will try it and see
799784a1aaf67eb4f89dd2658d8a9968.png

If you wanna Cloud Chase and throw some really obnoxious plumage here's a combination I'd recommend. Hog V3, 30mm Prophet with a set of triple fused claptons. I pop that on when I really wanna get obnoxious and at 0.4Ω well within the safe zone that'll fog anything out. Hell you can safely build down to 0.18Ω with Sony VTC5A's. Like I said there really is no reason to super subohm on a single batter Mod.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
It has nothing to do with any judgment of your vape style, man. Not even close. This is a new mech user's thread and - yes, IMO but also general forum consensus - not the place to come in and undermine the basic safety principles the folks around here have worked hard to establish.

Take it with a grain of salt, buy into it, disregard it, I don't care: vaping a single battery that close to a calculated hard short is dangerous.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Reactions: stols001

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
@Outcast please may I give you some advice? You keep on posting about your (ridiculously) low builds which is only ever met with comments from experienced vapers around the dangers of doing so. No one is going to say that it is ok to do what you do, so stop looking for some level of justification and just do what you want - but just don’t tell people about it! I have told you many times that what you are doing is dangerous and you simply don’t care, which TBH doesn’t affect me in the slightest, yet you keep on discussing that you continue to do it. Please stop doing it in case someone who is not experienced reads what you do and then jumps on the bandwagon. The last thing vaping needs is another injury caused by ignorance. Thanks.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Then stop calling it out as dumb and I will stop defending it
I would not of even said anything if the other dude did not call it out be me in this post

You weren’t called out, he was stating that builds as low as 0.05 were dumb on single tube mechs. Which they are I’m afraid.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Since you've been kind enough to tolerate my dumb questions so far I thought I'd ask another. How the hell can you tell that either of those is a parallel instead of series?
You know the old saying the only dumb question is the one not asked.

These are Clones and if you check the actual authentic's they state that they are parallel. Fasttech doesn't list them as either series or parallel but they are parallel. If they don't list it and you don't know you would need to ask them or physically inspect them when you receive them.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Nemisis.jpg
Cool beans. Be careful-- I said that already, right? Lol-- and let us know how you get on.

Ok, Well it all come in yesterday. The wire and the mech. The mech was a little confusing at first. All kinds of tubing included. Found a video. Figured it out. Spun up some K1 26x2+36 parallel and put five wraps on a 3mm rod. Since the mech is 22mm I went with a 22mm Tsunami I had and made it single coil per the numbers. With under 11A running through the thing I didn't want to get too much mass in there. Not a bad vape at all. I dig the clean look of the thing and the tube does have an allure. I'm gonna say I like it. And now I can talk with the big dogs as long as I don't try to say too much, lol. Thanks for the help!!!!!

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
View attachment 693563

Ok, Well it all come in yesterday. The wire and the mech. The mech was a little confusing at first. All kinds of tubing included. Found a video. Figured it out. Spun up some K1 26x2+36 parallel and put five wraps on a 3mm rod. Since the mech is 22mm I went with a 22mm Tsunami I had and made it single coil per the numbers. With under 11A running through the thing I didn't want to get too much mass in there. Not a bad vape at all. I dig the clean look of the thing and the tube does have an allure. I'm gonna say I like it. And now I can talk with the big dogs as long as I don't try to say too much, lol. Thanks for the help!!!!!
Any time. She is pretty. Glad you like it. Just FYI, I think you'll get better results with a less complex build, but that's on you.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Any time. She is pretty. Glad you like it. Just FYI, I think you'll get better results with a less complex build, but that's on you.
I was thinking about that per your earlier post. I will be giving that a shot shortly. Wire is cheep. I figure it's something I will need to play with over time. And you are right, she is pretty. I think that's half of vaping for me. Do I want to pick it up?

Reactions: suprtrkr

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I was thinking about that per your earlier post. I will be giving that a shot shortly. Wire is cheep. I figure it's something I will need to play with over time. And you are right, she is pretty. I think that's half of vaping for me. Do I want to pick it up?
Yah, experience counts with a mech. And thanks, but I have three or four just like it. I keep meaning to buy an authentic but I've never gotten my roundtuit all polished up.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Yah, experience counts with a mech. And thanks, but I have three or four just like it. I keep meaning to buy an authentic but I've never gotten my roundtuit all polished up.
Oh that is hilarious. A friend made me a roundtuit plaque. He worked at GM with a water cutter. Amazing conversation starter.

Reactions: suprtrkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread