Flavor ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Hey friends,

So I was just reading some news on my phone and I'm seeing several articles about BANNING FLAVORED ejuice within 30 days....?

If this happens will none of us have access to flavored EJUICE in stores or online? Will it only be banning flavored ecigs (like juul) ?

Anyone with any info on this topic please let me know.. in my opinion, the tobacco industries lost WAY to much money due to vaping.. and this is their way to get it back. I feel a lot of people would go back to cancer sticks.. we know for sure smoking causes cancer, so why gave they yet to ban cigarettes?

I'm worried for the whole vaping community but I'm still not sure of the accurate details.

Kelly

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Thanks for the links.. hey do you think DIY will be affected?? I'm really worried.. so I'm assuming big companies like BLU ecig ( my husband's choice of vape) vuse and juul will likely shut down? And then all the vape shops and 1000's if jobs?

I'm so used to them threatening but not taking action.. they didn't give enough info on what's going to be and what not

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
At this point it does not appear that DIY will be affected since they have not said anything about buying nic base used for mixing. I doubt those companies will shut down. They will just start selling the "approved flavors". If your husband doesn't like tobacco flavored ecigs then I strongly suggest he find a device that allows you to fill yourself and that you learn to make DIY juice.

Also in prep for the upcoming implementation of the Deeming Regulations, I also suggest finding a mod and tank you both like that can be rebuilt (winding your own coils and wicks) and then getting a few of them. Once those regs kick in, in a few months, I have no idea what will be left available. You may end up stuck with just nasty tobacco flavored pods.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello and welcome to ECF. I'm glad to see that you are interested in the future of vaping. As you can see there are a lot of links with the information you are looking for. You mentioned DIY for your juice. One of the main ingredients you will need is nicotine. I don't have the link but there is a proposed tax on nicotine that will make it impossible for the average person to buy any nicotine. I would suggest you buy what you need now before it is totally out of your reach.

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
I find the whole thing to be another example of ignorance over a reasoned, fact-based approach. Politicians never miss an opportunity to grandstand while providing no sensible solution. As someone who knows a large number of adult e-cig users, I'd estimate less than 5% vape tobacco flavored juice ... the majority all vape flavors that could be considered attractive to minors.

Back in the 1970s when state/federal taxes on cigarettes were increasing exponentially, I remember people ordering their smokes from overseas suppliers. Will we see overseas suppliers entering the market for flavored juice? As to newbies and DIY juice, should we expect to see a dramatic increase in accidental nicotine poisoning?

1dyllic

Nov 5, 2019
I'd estimate less than 5% vape tobacco flavored juice ... the majority all vape flavors that could be considered attractive to minors.

Tobacco flavors taste like grass clippings.

Why wouldn't I want to vape on some Cap'n'Crunch or Fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA flavored juice? It's like reliving the happy parts of my childhood with every puff!

Reactions: BobbyV

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Politicians define a crisis for which they must "do something". They implement a solution that punishes everyone who is not responsible. When the natural consequences of their solution follow those consequences are labeled "unintended". Then then begin to implement more of their solutions to the problems they caused often criminalizing the behavior of those who were never responsible of their "crisis" in the beginning.

I find the whole thing to be another example of ignorance over a reasoned, fact-based approach. Politicians never miss an opportunity to grandstand while providing no sensible solution. As someone who knows a large number of adult e-cig users, I'd estimate less than 5% vape tobacco flavored juice ... the majority all vape flavors that could be considered attractive to minors.

Back in the 1970s when state/federal taxes on cigarettes were increasing exponentially, I remember people ordering their smokes from overseas suppliers. Will we see overseas suppliers entering the market for flavored juice? As to newbies and DIY juice, should we expect to see a dramatic increase in accidental nicotine poisoning?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Politicians define a crisis for which they must "do something". They implement a solution that punishes everyone who is not responsible. When the natural consequences of their solution follow those consequences are labeled "unintended". Then then begin to implement more of their solutions to the problems they caused often criminalizing the behavior of those who were never responsible of their "crisis" in the beginning.
When you here politicians say " We must do something " you can count on it being the wrong something. At that point you know they have no idea what the problem is to begin with. I work for the government and you would not believe how much "something" is done just so someone can justify an unnecessary position.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If this happens will none of us have access to flavored EJUICE in stores or online? Will it only be banning flavored ecigs (like juul) ?

Anyone with any info on this topic please let me know.. in my opinion, the tobacco industries lost WAY to much money due to vaping.. and this is their way to get it back. I feel a lot of people would go back to cancer sticks.. we know for sure smoking causes cancer, so why gave they yet to ban cigarettes?

I'm worried for the whole vaping community but I'm still not sure of the accurate details.
This is an extremely complex issue. Try to follow along.

It's a bit early to know what the end result of all of this political grandstanding will result in. It could be any extreme. We may have an all out ban on vaping products as we know it today, to just a ban on all flavors except tobacco or menthol flavors, to no ban on anything except the sale of all vape products will be limited to specialty vape shops.

IMHO, the big tobacco e-cig makers (Blu, Vuse, and Juul) may end up to be the overall winners. They are the only companies who can easily afford the extremely expensive FDA PMTA applications, they just won't be able to sell in convenience stores or gas stations, probably in only in tribal smoke shops, or vape shops if any are still around. Big Tobacco's (Altria) IQOS heat-no-burn device was the first harm reduction product officially approved by the FDA recently.

Any vapor product designed after 2009 has to be FDA PMTA approved to stay on the market after May 2020 in my understanding. That's both a timely and expensive process.

Then we have the general public and political fall out of "vaping". The so-called "youth vaping epidemic" and the vaping illnesses and deaths occuring almost simultaneously is a bit too much to bear for any industry. The media, FDA, and CDC didn't help matters with misinformation or partial information.

Then there's the root of the problem. The tobacco Master Settlement Agreement. The states' bond loans are due and they don't have the money to pay back those loans. The politicians, in their infinite wisdom, believe that by banning vaping people will go back to smoking so that tobacco sales return to normal, and the states will get the same blood money they got a decade ago.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
AMA Campaign starts today.

We need to be louder than they are call today, tomorrow and every day. I have never stopped calling, emailing and sending letters by mail, locally and Nationally.

upload_2019-12-11_8-52-25.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread