Not open for further replies.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I found my old aspire 50 watt tube mod (I think it is? Maybe less wattage) that I used while on my LAST dual use attempt. It looks fine, but if it's 50 watts, I'm not sure I want to use it. Still mulling it over, it was a pretty decent battery or so I figured at the time, but meh. Some vape shop sold it to me at probably inflated prices. It can't possibly be 50 watts, surely? I don't have the attached information, but it looks like that same mod...... Don't want to toast a coil, tho. I guess I could shove a rebuildable on top, and have a choking attack.

I still think it's probably less wattage, and I am kind of afraid to charge it after all this time (must be at least 4 years old....)

Anna

if it's the cf mod, it's like a mech. voltage of battery applied to coil. they did make a cf max that was 50 watts, but it had an adjustment knob on the bottom. if I remember correctly lol

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Here's a pic, and yes it's a CF mod, but "CFsubohm" I think it says. There is no wattage adjustment on the bottom of it, and it had one of those weird round plug things.... IIRC.

SIHDLiI.jpg

I can barely read it but it says output voltage 4.2 amps and 40 watts. It's an internal battery.

Anna

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Here's a pic, and yes it's a CF mod, but "CFsubohm" I think it says. There is no wattage adjustment on the bottom of it, and it had one of those weird round plug things.... IIRC.

SIHDLiI.jpg

I can barely read it but it says output voltage 4.2 amps and 40 watts. It's an internal battery.

Anna

I loved those things. if you've got an ego charger, charge it up! shouldn't be a problem. i still use mine occasionly.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I wonder how many reading this great thread are digging out older gear to give it another go for a nostalgic trip down memory lane.

I'm thinking about pulling out one of my XL Cartos and using my squonker with it..... [emoji16]

I just know that I had a things or twos 'round here somewheres.... ;)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
@ENAUD and @Katdarling

I like my Kayfun mini V3, but it leaks.
Most likely you have tried all there is to try, so maybe it's just one that leaks, but I have found the km3 to leak when there is insufficient tail amounts. I love this tank, and it is touchy when it comes to the correct amount you should have down the ledges, but maybe if you haven't tried, try overall to add more cotton...yes more in the coil should result in more in tails.....are you perhaps using a smaller ID coil?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Most likely you have tried all there is to try, so maybe it's just one that leaks, but I have found the km3 to leak when there is insufficient tail amounts. I love this tank, and it is touchy when it comes to the correct amount you should have down the ledges, but maybe if you haven't tried, try overall to add more cotton...yes more in the coil should result in more in tails.....are you perhaps using a smaller ID coil?

No, I haven't tried all there is to try, just didn't really know where to start. I'm not really picky unless something literally leaks all over me, but I'd like for it not to leak at all.

2.5mm ID coil, rayon here, and it's a Tobeco clone, if that matters. I tend to brush/lightly thin the tails some when I rewick, but I'll stop that and see if it helps. Thank you for the tip!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
No, I haven't tried all there is to try, just didn't really know where to start. I'm not really picky unless something literally leaks all over me, but I'd like for it not to leak at all.

2.5mm ID coil, rayon here, and it's a Tobeco clone, if that matters. I tend to brush/lightly thin the tails some when I rewick, but I'll stop that and see if it helps. Thank you for the tip!
2.5 is good , and so is rayon. I actually use exactly the same. Are you adding quit a bit in coil? Rayon coils do like a lot . It's kind of hard using enough rayon with a 28g coil, so personality I like 26g. What gauge? And do you feel you are kind of cramming a good bit thru coil? I also do trim tails, but how much really depends on how much your actually putting into coil...if your only putting a fair amount in coil, and then trimming tails, that definitely could be the issue...

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
and it's a Tobeco clone, if that matters.

Well it's possible there's an issue there..I had gotten a clone from 3f for my wife and no matter how tight I tried to close off the juice control, it never closed 100 percent. I noticed this when I took off the glass and top nut and just looked at chimney and base. With chimney screwed onto base, you could clearly see the holes never closed all the way . Obviously if the jc cannot be sealed, every time you rewick or add juice, it will leak

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
2.5 is good , and so is rayon. I actually use exactly the same. Are you adding quit a bit in coil? Rayon coils do like a lot . It's kind of hard using enough rayon with a 28g coil, so personality I like 26g. What gauge? And do you feel you are kind of cramming a good bit thru coil? I also do trim tails, but how much really depends on how much your actually putting into coil...if your only putting a fair amount in coil, and then trimming tails, that definitely could be the issue...

I run enough rayon through the coil, I think. I fits in there enough that if I had any more, it would move the coil out of place.

And about the juice control, it never seemed to have closed very much. I wondered if should have just left it alone in the first place. I have other KF3 minis that I've never messed with, so I might just not bother that part at all with the others.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
That's about what I do also Just Me. I put enough in the coil that if I put any more, I would be dragging the whole coil across the deck and distort it all out of shape. I think that is what you do have to do with about any atomizer when using Rayon. With my Lemo V1, I would only thin the tails about 25%, leaving 75% still in there, else it would leak and flood.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
GAME CHANGER...?
Hell i've been racking the little left of my brain, and draining the credit card BIG time for the last year now, trying to get to grips with the game and its rules....
I walked into a mountain of unknown stuff and just went ballistic in getting and trying everything, in the search to find out what works for me...i had to just stay off the smokes...no matter what !!!
Now I have a table full of stuff I don't use anymore...but that's ok with me, as i'm off the smokes and know I won't be going back !!!
I actually feel I do have a game changer coming on for me....i'm a hardcore MTLr, and have been happily vaping away on all different tanks, until I modified a Derringer into a MTL RDA. The flavour that came out there blew any tank I have out the water. Don't get me wrong, I love my RTAs, but for me the flavour is a definate step up in something without a chimney....
I just received a ShenRay Speed revolution clone and so far it seems even better than my beloved Derringer....

So that I guess is my potential game changer...evolving over to a MTL RBA devotee.
I have the Achilles on order, and that will hopefully shed the water. As for me right now, i'm sort of still in the original game and sort of not....:eek:

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
GAME CHANGER...?
Hell i've been racking the little left of my brain, and draining the credit card BIG time for the last year now, trying to get to grips with the game and its rules....
I walked into a mountain of unknown stuff and just went ballistic in getting and trying everything, in the search to find out what works for me...i had to just stay off the smokes...no matter what !!!
Now I have a table full of stuff I don't use anymore...but that's ok with me, as i'm off the smokes and know I won't be going back !!!
I actually feel I do have a game changer coming on for me....i'm a hardcore MTLr, and have been happily vaping away on all different tanks, until I modified a Derringer into a MTL RDA. The flavour that came out there blew any tank I have out the water. Don't get me wrong, I love my RTAs, but for me the flavour is a definate step up in something without a chimney....
I just received a ShenRay Speed revolution clone and so far it seems even better than my beloved Derringer....

So that I guess is my potential game changer...evolving over to a MTL RBA devotee.
I have the Achilles on order, and that will hopefully shed the water. As for me right now, i'm sort of still in the original game and sort of not....:eek:

Congrats! Now you'll need to try a squonk mod with a bottom-feeder Speed Revolution ;)

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Congrats! Now you'll need to try a squonk mod with a bottom-feeder Speed Revolution ;)
Yeah i'm already peeping in that direction. The mods looks so big, square and cumbersome though. I have a range of bigish square mods and just don't want to use them anymore. I work from home and don't mind filling often...for now that is :D

For me, it was the iStick 60. It was my first vape above 40 watts, and, apparently that was the threshold for me to be able to give up analogs entirely. I think it could have been any mod with that kind of output, but that's the one I got, and it did the trick.

Two years on, I haven't had a single cigarette. There have been many mods since, and I suspect there will be many more yet to come, but the iStick 60 was the one that gave me real success.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I always seem to be late in finding the interesting discussions - nevertheless:

My first vape of any kind was a Smokeless image pen using 808 cartos. It was after a hospital stay when I knew I needed to finally find something that could help me quit smoking after decades of lung abuse. I started refilling the carto pretty quickly, which sort of worked but it was apparent that I was going to need something better. This was October 2013.

I remember thinking that the $35 I paid for the kit was throwing money away on something I might not like. But once I saw the potential, my budget limit increased.

What really sealed the deal into years of massively overspending on vape gear (lol) was a MVP and a Nautlius Mini. I finally lost the desire to smoke. So I can't really decide which was the game changer - the cigalike that was a shaky first step, or the mod/atty combo that proved the concept.

adl

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta
I started vaping in 2010 with 808 style cigalikes. I would still smoke tobacco on the weekends when I would have beer. The game changer for me were the 1100mah ego batteries with mini vivi nova tanks.

I actually still have one mini vivi nova that I put together from a few broken ones and I just put the last coil in it a week or two ago so it will finally be retired soon.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
After 42 years of heavy smoking, I started with the Ego 510s back in July of 2010. The ones with the atomizers and cotton filler in the tips. Had to refill every 45 minutes or so, lol. Then switched to XL cartos. Could go a couple hours between refills. The real game changer was switching to punched cartos and DCT tanks. Those lasted 24 hours between refills. Still using those on iLeaf Picos at around 10.5 watts. Now, I'm dabbling with Melo III tanks and rebuildable atomizers.

I have to say it was my crown and first joytec mod with enough juice to power it. Before trying sub ohm I just didn’t find vaping satisfying enough. I needed high levels of nicotine and it just ruined the flavours. With sub ohm I can sit at 6mg, I get a nice satisfying flavour, it feels better... best part is th odd time I try and smoke a cigarette now, I find they taste so disgusting I toss it out and pull out the vape.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I think mine would have to be the Endura (older model), but was able to stop completely using the good ol' subtank and Istick 30w back when it first came first out. New here by the way. Hi all!

Welcome to the forum, peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread