RDA Geekvape Tsunami RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I get the same leaking, so much that when I take the atty off my mod the bottom of the atty will be dripping liquid. I just assumed it was from the condensation from the air holes. Now it makes me thing differently.

Finally, now I know I'm not crazy.

Does your top cap sit flush with the bottom of the deck?

UPDATE: After a new build and some cleaning, I managed to get the top cap to sit flush with the deck. Now, on my new second Tsunami, the only "leaking" seems to be from condensation from the airholes and a slow, little seepage from between the top cap and deck at the airhole slot sections (which may be due to juice in between the deck and top cap, or from condensation?) Either way, it is definitely a manageable, and I guess, expected amount of "leaking" and not the dripping on my mod after every 10 minutes of use like with my first unit. Maybe one day I'll miss with my first one and see if I can get the perfect O-rings to make it work without leaking like crazy. Until then at least I have an extra set of drip tips, screws, O-rings, and potentially an extra Tsunami!

Love this atty, but it's still not perfect for me. I'm still on that search for a top-airflow only, velocity-style deck, deep juice well atty...

bigbruise

Jan 5, 2016
Finally, now I know I'm not crazy.

Does your top cap sit flush with the bottom of the deck?

UPDATE: After a new build and some cleaning, I managed to get the top cap to sit flush with the deck. Now, on my new second Tsunami, the only "leaking" seems to be from condensation from the airholes and a slow, little seepage from between the top cap and deck at the airhole slot sections (which may be due to juice in between the deck and top cap, or from condensation?) Either way, it is definitely a manageable, and I guess, expected amount of "leaking" and not the dripping on my mod after every 10 minutes of use like with my first unit. Maybe one day I'll miss with my first one and see if I can get the perfect O-rings to make it work without leaking like crazy. Until then at least I have an extra set of drip tips, screws, O-rings, and potentially an extra Tsunami!

Love this atty, but it's still not perfect for me. I'm still on that search for a top-airflow only, velocity-style deck, deep juice well atty...

I changed the o-rings out with some from my Griffin. I've been meaning to find some more to give it a shot. The original o-rings where so damn tight, the current rings are still tight but a bit more manageable. Both sets take a little convincing to fully sit flush. Upon the first placement it's not flush, with a little help it'll sit flush and "click" into place. However, this is the messiest atty I've ever used. I've only over dripped that caused leaking maybe twice, the condensation is a big factor in a messy mod though.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
20160415_203644.jpg
This thing looks awesome on my smpl clone!

Reactions: WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Just unpacked mine I bought off Ebay seller BRAD527. BradsVapor.

It was in pristine condition with no flaws I could see. No machine oil whatsoever.

I could see that sharp lower edge of the top cap slicing into the bottom Oring so I lubed all the rings up pretty good and was really careful when I put the topper on.

Here are some pics. I installed an alley cat of a hissy beotch in single coil mode as I had the coil laying around.

DAYUM! Full rich flavorful vapor with 70/30 blueberry waffle I hadn't used in awhile. I look forward to breaking this build in and trying duals. All in all pretty happy.

b1d952b96b5cf79c8dcbbf2cb34be910.jpg
517e6656bb709479941d29d8323bcf3f.jpg
7abd826486e636aa412283b9e0bca7ec.jpg
c7c791d65208651ad9184937c8837d8b.jpg

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
So, my vendor did send a replacement. Just a pleasant note on that, this vendor has a two-week replacement option, but I did not use it. Instead, I just sent an email through their contact form describing my issue. They didn't respond to me through email, but a few hours later I just got an email with a tracking number saying my "return/special order" has been shipped. So I've received no correspondence from them asking me to send the "defective" one back or anything. Pretty nice!

Anyway, as for my new second Tsunami,...I have mixed feelings. I've been using it for about an hour now and I have seen the same juice pooling in the edges of the airholes (because I use it with the airflow closed off about half-way), but I haven't noticed yet any massive seepage from underneath... I will update in a few more hours.

Does anyone else who might use this atty with the airflow closed off at all get juice build-up on the "ledge" formed by the closed-off portion of the outer barrel's airflow hole?

I also noticed with this unit that my top cap does not seem to fit all the way down... Like the airholes on the top cap appear to be a fingernail's width higher than the airholes on the deck and I can't seem to be able to force it down any further.
juice near the air holes is most likely the condensation I was talking about...having it part way closed would make it collect there, instead of just outside. When I stopped blowing through the atty prior to my hit, this reduced drastically for me.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Hobo v3.1? Not true top-air, but high side air.

I saw that. You know I loved the old Hobo 1.5 or whatever it was called (still have mine) but I expected more from this new one. Like a nicer deck? All I build nowadays are spaced fused claptons so two post decks with outer airflow are pretty much all I go for.

Anyway I have temporarily retired my Tsunami, as new as it as, for a free atty I just won in a giveaway, the Inde DUO, which incidentally provides the same awesome flavor and airflow without the hassle of careful dripping and airhole condensation traded for ugly looks and huge size.

I love just dumping juice in this thing willy nilly and getting the same flavor from the Tsunami and tilting it any which way without worrying about leaking.

10fce7d4ecd0f0d0ac2494ca71feb11b.jpg

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I saw that. You know I loved the old Hobo 1.5 or whatever it was called (still have mine) but I expected more from this new one. Like a nicer deck? All I build nowadays are spaced fused claptons so two post decks with outer airflow are pretty much all I go for.

Anyway I have temporarily retired my Tsunami, as new as it as, for a free atty I just won in a giveaway, the Inde DUO, which incidentally provides the same awesome flavor and airflow without the hassle of careful dripping and airhole condensation traded for ugly looks and huge size.

I love just dumping juice in this thing willy nilly and getting the same flavor from the Tsunami and tilting it any which way without worrying about leaking.

10fce7d4ecd0f0d0ac2494ca71feb11b.jpg
It looks like a UFO landed on your mod :blink:
:w00t::lol::w00t::lol:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
My Tsunami arrived yesterday afternoon. I wasn't expecting it as our whole area is flooded with most streets impassable. The garbage truck couldn't get through the high water, but apparently our little mail woman in her little USPS truck is made of sturdier stuff and she braved the high water to deliver our mail:thumb:
Anyway, my Tsunami is clean with no machine oil. I cleaned it and lubed up the O Rings and put dual 24 ge 6 wrap 2.5 mm coils at .27 ohms. So far it is great, lots of flavor, good airflow and like any Velocity style deck it is easy to build on. So far no leaking. A great RDA:thumbs:

crisisady

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2016
I had a Velocity Clone which produces really good flavours @ 50W with 5 wraps of clapton.

But when I switch over to Tsunami with the same setting, it just wasn't chucking enough flavour. It was close to no taste and I felt so disappointed. However after I crank the Wattage up to about 80W, the flavour starts coming in.

Is there a explanation to why Tsunami requires so much more power to achieve the same flavour of my Velocity Clone?

bigbruise

Jan 5, 2016
I had a Velocity Clone which produces really good flavours @ 50W with 5 wraps of clapton.

But when I switch over to Tsunami with the same setting, it just wasn't chucking enough flavour. It was close to no taste and I felt so disappointed. However after I crank the Wattage up to about 80W, the flavour starts coming in.

Is there a explanation to why Tsunami requires so much more power to achieve the same flavour of my Velocity Clone?

I'm the opposite. I have a Velocity Mini and Velocity and neither of them get used. I feel like I just taste air, way too much airflow. I was even cranking the airflow all the way down, still horrible flavor. I don't use the Tsunami with wide open airflow, I'll cut about a 3rd of it off and get wonderful flavor. I also use more wraps than you, about 6-8 wraps.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas

For one thing the airflow is different.

crisisady

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2016
I'm the opposite. I have a Velocity Mini and Velocity and neither of them get used. I feel like I just taste air, way too much airflow. I was even cranking the airflow all the way down, still horrible flavor. I don't use the Tsunami with wide open airflow, I'll cut about a 3rd of it off and get wonderful flavor. I also use more wraps than you, about 6-8 wraps.

Now I'm running at 7 wraps space clapton @ 75W 0.44ohm. What about you?

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

My guess, not knowing all of the specifics, would be more airflow on the Tsunami, or you might have the coil to high above the airflow

Reactions: gofishtx

Unexist

Dec 23, 2015
Austria / STMK
I got my tsunami already a few days ago, but I have to admit that it lacks some flavor compared to my Sapor. First of all I thought this is not possible I surely made something wrong but after testing and loads of experimenting I will not use it anymore. Wicking this thing when using the scottish roll technique is really a pain in the a...

BTW: I used it with a noisy cricket, 9 wraps dual coil claptons @0.5 Ohms - same as with my Sapor. I guess this RDA is not ment to be a flavor atty, although I had some high hopes in bottom air flow (never used one before).

crisisady

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2016
I got my tsunami already a few days ago, but I have to admit that it lacks some flavor compared to my Sapor. First of all I thought this is not possible I surely made something wrong but after testing and loads of experimenting I will not use it anymore. Wicking this thing when using the scottish roll technique is really a pain in the a...

BTW: I used it with a noisy cricket, 9 wraps dual coil claptons @0.5 Ohms - same as with my Sapor. I guess this RDA is not ment to be a flavor atty, although I had some high hopes in bottom air flow (never used one before).

I agreed. I think the reason why it's lacking in flavor is due to there is so much airflow. I did the following to improve flavor,
1. Air control @ 50%
2. Increase wattage by 10W (50W to 60W)
3. Use fuse clapton instead of normal clapton
4. Scottish roll
5. Spaced coils

I think it is necessary to increase the wicking performance to keep up with the improve in airflow.

I came from a Velocity clone which only allows the air to be hitting one side of the coil. Thus the coil will runs hotter with lesser air to cool it down.

With this being said, it seems that there is no point to use Tsunami RDA. However as Tsunami position the airflow directly below the coil, it allows a huge surface area of the coil to comes in contact with the airflow. Thus ensuring a more consistent temperature of the vape that was released which gives us a smoother vape and gentler on the throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread