The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Geekvape Tsunami RDA

Discussion in 'RDA' started by dansus, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jj6404

jj6404 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2015
    VA
    Finally, now I know I'm not crazy.

Does your top cap sit flush with the bottom of the deck?

UPDATE: After a new build and some cleaning, I managed to get the top cap to sit flush with the deck. Now, on my new second Tsunami, the only "leaking" seems to be from condensation from the airholes and a slow, little seepage from between the top cap and deck at the airhole slot sections (which may be due to juice in between the deck and top cap, or from condensation?) Either way, it is definitely a manageable, and I guess, expected amount of "leaking" and not the dripping on my mod after every 10 minutes of use like with my first unit. Maybe one day I'll miss with my first one and see if I can get the perfect O-rings to make it work without leaking like crazy. Until then at least I have an extra set of drip tips, screws, O-rings, and potentially an extra Tsunami!

Love this atty, but it's still not perfect for me. I'm still on that search for a top-airflow only, velocity-style deck, deep juice well atty...

2. bigbruise

bigbruise Full Member

Jan 5, 2016
    I changed the o-rings out with some from my Griffin. I've been meaning to find some more to give it a shot. The original o-rings where so damn tight, the current rings are still tight but a bit more manageable. Both sets take a little convincing to fully sit flush. Upon the first placement it's not flush, with a little help it'll sit flush and "click" into place. However, this is the messiest atty I've ever used. I've only over dripped that caused leaking maybe twice, the condensation is a big factor in a messy mod though.

3. MotorcityVapeman

MotorcityVapeman Senior Member

Mar 14, 2016
    The Motorcity
    I just saw orings for sale on FT, you can buy them in bulk? Here is the link to it! I am still waiting on my Tsunami and hoping I will not have this problem!
    Link = FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

4. Highwayman1224

Highwayman1224 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2012
    Goodyear, AZ
    20160415_203644.jpg This thing looks awesome on my smpl clone!

• Like Like x 1
  5. WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Just unpacked mine I bought off Ebay seller BRAD527. BradsVapor.

It was in pristine condition with no flaws I could see. No machine oil whatsoever.

I could see that sharp lower edge of the top cap slicing into the bottom Oring so I lubed all the rings up pretty good and was really careful when I put the topper on.

Here are some pics. I installed an alley cat of a hissy beotch in single coil mode as I had the coil laying around.

DAYUM! Full rich flavorful vapor with 70/30 blueberry waffle I hadn't used in awhile. I look forward to breaking this build in and trying duals. All in all pretty happy.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. USMCotaku

USMCotaku ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    California
    juice near the air holes is most likely the condensation I was talking about...having it part way closed would make it collect there, instead of just outside. When I stopped blowing through the atty prior to my hit, this reduced drastically for me.

7. Verb

Verb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    Eastern, PA, USA
    Hobo v3.1? Not true top-air, but high side air.

8. jj6404

Jan 15, 2015
    VA
    I saw that. You know I loved the old Hobo 1.5 or whatever it was called (still have mine) but I expected more from this new one. Like a nicer deck? All I build nowadays are spaced fused claptons so two post decks with outer airflow are pretty much all I go for.

Anyway I have temporarily retired my Tsunami, as new as it as, for a free atty I just won in a giveaway, the Inde DUO, which incidentally provides the same awesome flavor and airflow without the hassle of careful dripping and airhole condensation traded for ugly looks and huge size.

I love just dumping juice in this thing willy nilly and getting the same flavor from the Tsunami and tilting it any which way without worrying about leaking.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. USMCotaku

Apr 25, 2014
    California
    It looks like a UFO landed on your mod :blink:
    :w00t::lol::w00t::lol:

• Like Like x 2
  10. jj6404

Jan 15, 2015
    VA
    I know lol. I want this exact same concept done in like a 23 or 24mm. The vape is awesome. It's like bottom airflow without bottom airholes.

11. gofishtx

gofishtx Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    My Tsunami arrived yesterday afternoon. I wasn't expecting it as our whole area is flooded with most streets impassable. The garbage truck couldn't get through the high water, but apparently our little mail woman in her little USPS truck is made of sturdier stuff and she braved the high water to deliver our mail:thumb:
    Anyway, my Tsunami is clean with no machine oil. I cleaned it and lubed up the O Rings and put dual 24 ge 6 wrap 2.5 mm coils at .27 ohms. So far it is great, lots of flavor, good airflow and like any Velocity style deck it is easy to build on. So far no leaking. A great RDA:thumbs:

• Like Like x 3
  12. crisisady

crisisady Full Member Verified Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I had a Velocity Clone which produces really good flavours @ 50W with 5 wraps of clapton.

But when I switch over to Tsunami with the same setting, it just wasn't chucking enough flavour. It was close to no taste and I felt so disappointed. However after I crank the Wattage up to about 80W, the flavour starts coming in.

Is there a explanation to why Tsunami requires so much more power to achieve the same flavour of my Velocity Clone?

13. bigbruise

bigbruise Full Member

Jan 5, 2016
    I'm the opposite. I have a Velocity Mini and Velocity and neither of them get used. I feel like I just taste air, way too much airflow. I was even cranking the airflow all the way down, still horrible flavor. I don't use the Tsunami with wide open airflow, I'll cut about a 3rd of it off and get wonderful flavor. I also use more wraps than you, about 6-8 wraps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. gofishtx

gofishtx Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    For one thing the airflow is different.

15. crisisady

Mar 11, 2016
    Now I'm running at 7 wraps space clapton @ 75W 0.44ohm. What about you?

16. USMCotaku

Apr 25, 2014
    California
    My guess, not knowing all of the specifics, would be more airflow on the Tsunami, or you might have the coil to high above the airflow

• Like Like x 1
  17. bigbruise

bigbruise Full Member

Jan 5, 2016
    Currently using a parallel clapton (28/32) 8 wraps, .4ohm at 60 watts. 75 watts seems pretty high, it's gotta be over 5 volts. Although, personal preference.

18. WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas

19. Unexist

Unexist Full Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Austria / STMK
    I got my tsunami already a few days ago, but I have to admit that it lacks some flavor compared to my Sapor. First of all I thought this is not possible I surely made something wrong but after testing and loads of experimenting I will not use it anymore. Wicking this thing when using the scottish roll technique is really a pain in the a...

BTW: I used it with a noisy cricket, 9 wraps dual coil claptons @0.5 Ohms - same as with my Sapor. I guess this RDA is not ment to be a flavor atty, although I had some high hopes in bottom air flow (never used one before).

20. crisisady

Mar 11, 2016
    I agreed. I think the reason why it's lacking in flavor is due to there is so much airflow. I did the following to improve flavor,
    1. Air control @ 50%
    2. Increase wattage by 10W (50W to 60W)
    3. Use fuse clapton instead of normal clapton
    4. Scottish roll
    5. Spaced coils

I think it is necessary to increase the wicking performance to keep up with the improve in airflow.

I came from a Velocity clone which only allows the air to be hitting one side of the coil. Thus the coil will runs hotter with lesser air to cool it down.

With this being said, it seems that there is no point to use Tsunami RDA. However as Tsunami position the airflow directly below the coil, it allows a huge surface area of the coil to comes in contact with the airflow. Thus ensuring a more consistent temperature of the vape that was released which gives us a smoother vape and gentler on the throat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.