Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
May be a little too much for some mods but was flush on the dripbox.

Not bad for a Fat Daddy pin. Those bases are sooo thick and usually do not seat into a typical atty.

Very nice. I have a bunch laying around so good to know. Thanks!

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Really liking this Tsunami!! Might have to get another one & the BF pin from FDV!
20160407_181224.jpg

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Just got mine in. They said my pre-order for the black wouldn't be in till May so I gave in and settled for the SS. I can't stand having to remove the top cap to drip with bottom airflow attys so I only got this because I thought the velocity style deck resulting in the big empty space in the middle would allow efficient dripping through the drip tip.

I get 32 drops through the tip with my velocity. So far I can only get 25 with my Tsunami without flooding the deck. I know this can most probably solved with shortening the length of my wicks. I'm pretty sure they are "laying" in the deck a little and not just touching it.

Anyway here's my first build all SS
a47a6382e5510ff75082c6034cb11a4d.jpg

But I want to ask: anyone have any tips for getting it to wick efficiently with dripping through the drip tip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I just realized that my Tsunami is leaking from the bottom. Every time I unscrew it from my mod there is a pool of juice sitting there in a ring.

Does anybody else have this problem??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would get some juice collecting underneath, caused by condensation from the air holes

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping ;)

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I would get some juice collecting underneath, caused by condensation from the air holes

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping ;)

My leaking isn't coming from the condensation. I check the airholes and there's little to no condensation build-up in mine. But there definitely is juice coming from in between the top cap and deck section. I can see because I use it with the airflow half-closed and I can see juice seeping out from between the cap and deck.

I don't understand because the o-ring fit is the tightest I've ever had on any RDA and I've never had this type of leaking issue. But yeah, I get a ring shaped pool on every mod I put it on. And it happens after one drip/vape session.

I really want to see if anyone else is having this problem before I contact the vendor and make my case.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
maybe there is a small hole or crack on your o-rings....try swapping those out?
I will but I wish I didn't have to...you know? Then I'll be down one set of spare o-rings.

Do you think if there was a crack in one spot it would result in uniform leakage all around the circumference of the top cap?

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
My leaking isn't coming from the condensation. I check the airholes and there's little to no condensation build-up in mine. But there definitely is juice coming from in between the top cap and deck section. I can see because I use it with the airflow half-closed and I can see juice seeping out from between the cap and deck.

I don't understand because the o-ring fit is the tightest I've ever had on any RDA and I've never had this type of leaking issue. But yeah, I get a ring shaped pool on every mod I put it on. And it happens after one drip/vape session.

I really want to see if anyone else is having this problem before I contact the vendor and make my case.

Mine was doing the same thing, I could take it off after a few minutes and see the start off small droplets forming around the mated edges. Took it apart and very closely under magnification looked it over, I could see the o-rings didn't quite look right. I peeled them off and they looked pretty bad, appeared maybe they were twisted up by the factory. Replaced with provided spares, looks much better, and it seems have cured the issue.

Previous to replacement it would pool underneath it overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread