RDA Geekvape Tsunami RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Mine was doing the same thing, I could take it off after a few minutes and see the start off small droplets forming around the mated edges. Took it apart and very closely under magnification looked it over, I could see the o-rings didn't quite look right. I peeled them off and they looked pretty bad, appeared maybe they were twisted up by the factory. Replaced with provided spares, looks much better, and it seems have cured the issue.

Previous to replacement it would pool underneath it overnight.

Mine doesn't pool overnight (well it does) but it pools over a matter of minutes. As in, every single time I drip into it and take a couple of vapes, juice starts seeping (not droplets) from the space in between my atty and mod. It's almost as if there was a ring shaped cut all the way through the atomizer base and juice just leaks directly out; it makes no sense to me.

I replaced the O-rings with the spares as well, carefully, and the issue remains. I thought at one point that it may be that my coils were placed too high resulting in a lot of juice popping and in return resulting in a lot of juice flowing down the inner top cap edges. Even though every build I see everyone else do is right in the middle of the posts (vertically), I dropped my build down to level with the bottom post holes just about 1-2 mm above the airhole tubes. Still leaks freely as ever.

And just to repeat, there is NO juice coming from out of the airholes themselves, it's all coming out from between the top cap and deck. I really don't understand how this could only be happening to me, but I do hope that I got the one bad one where they made the top cap or deck just a little off, because I really do love the vape off of this thing.

I was especially ...... when I went to my Hcigar VT200 to find it sitting in a pool of juice that had penetrated through the multiple vent holes in the bottom of course...

Anyway, I contacted the vendor, who didn't reply to my email except with a "Shipping confirmation of return or special order" and since it has a tracking number I assume it's a replacement. What do you guys think? They wouldn't send me a return envelope...would they?

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Mine doesn't pool overnight (well it does) but it pools over a matter of minutes. As in, every single time I drip into it and take a couple of vapes, juice starts seeping (not droplets) from the space in between my atty and mod. It's almost as if there was a ring shaped cut all the way through the atomizer base and juice just leaks directly out; it makes no sense to me.

I replaced the O-rings with the spares as well, carefully, and the issue remains. I thought at one point that it may be that my coils were placed too high resulting in a lot of juice popping and in return resulting in a lot of juice flowing down the inner top cap edges. Even though every build I see everyone else do is right in the middle of the posts (vertically), I dropped my build down to level with the bottom post holes just about 1-2 mm above the airhole tubes. Still leaks freely as ever.

And just to repeat, there is NO juice coming from out of the airholes themselves, it's all coming out from between the top cap and deck. I really don't understand how this could only be happening to me, but I do hope that I got the one bad one where they made the top cap or deck just a little off, because I really do love the vape off of this thing.

I was especially ...... when I went to my Hcigar VT200 to find it sitting in a pool of juice that had penetrated through the multiple vent holes in the bottom of course...

Anyway, I contacted the vendor, who didn't reply to my email except with a "Shipping confirmation of return or special order" and since it has a tracking number I assume it's a replacement. What do you guys think? They wouldn't send me a return envelope...would they?
Another thing you could try is to simply drip much much less juice. 5 or 6 drops max from a fairly dry wick start. Not a dry hit start just right on the edge.

Sounds like a PITA. Post a pic of your coil and wick placement.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Another thing you could try is to simply drip much much less juice. 5 or 6 drops max from a fairly dry wick start. Not a dry hit start just right on the edge.

Sounds like a PITA. Post a pic of your coil and wick placement.

I've tried that. You don't understand, and I say that because I don't even friggin understand, what is going on with this thing. I replaced the O-rings with thicker ones, even lined the inside using the ol' dental floss trick. Now the topcap/deck seal may be permanent it is so tight. Then I drip CAREFULLY and SLOWLY just enough drops to wet the wick enough for 3 hits and leaving the deck visibly dry. I do this while shining an extremely bright light down into drip tip to see everything that is going on inside. Then I take a couple vapes, place it on the table. A couple minutes later, instant pool of juice seeping from the bottom of the atty and NO juice in the airholes.

I've been studying and testing this thing for almost a week now and it's like there are magical invisible holes in the bottom of the atty. It leaks EVERY SINGLE time I vape on it from the bottom of the atty, again, with NO juice coming out of the airholes. I sit there and watch it leak.

c4cc4ff69482da444a6b5ee01ba65793.jpg

I've tried several different builds in mine and can't find the flavor. Nichrome, kanthal, ss316, claptons, fused, single and parallel wires... cloudy for sure, but flavor is severely lacking.

I had to reply here because even with my constant leaking issues, I've still been carrying this atty with me everywhere (along with at least 3 paper towels) because the flavor is the best I've ever had.

I've had plenty of attys you can consider "flavor" attys (without getting into the expensive super-restrictive airflow ones like the NARda or Marquis) like the Freakshow, Velocity, Kennedy, Sapor and through all kinds of flavor wire/builds (titanium, SS, n80, Ka, twisted, fused claptoned) and have to say that the flavor on the Tsunami is by far the best. It is noticeably the best. I have no idea what's going on with yours. Are you using it with the airflow wide open?

Last edited:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I've tried that. You don't understand, and I say that because I don't even friggin understand, what is going on with this thing. I replaced the O-rings with thicker ones, even lined the inside using the ol' dental floss trick. Now the topcap/deck seal may be permanent it is so tight. Then I drip CAREFULLY and SLOWLY just enough drops to wet the wick enough for 3 hits and leaving the deck visibly dry. I do this while shining an extremely bright light down into drip tip to see everything that is going on inside. Then I take a couple vapes, place it on the table. A couple minutes later, instant pool of juice seeping from the bottom of the atty and NO juice in the airholes.

I've been studying and testing this thing for almost a week now and it's like there are magical invisible holes in the bottom of the atty. It leaks EVERY SINGLE time I vape on it from the bottom of the atty, again, with NO juice coming out of the airholes. I sit there and watch it leak.

I had to reply here because even with my constant leaking issues, I've still been carrying this atty with me everywhere (along with at least 3 paper towels) because the flavor is the best I've ever had.

I've had plenty of attys you can consider "flavor" attys (without getting into the expensive super-restrictive airflow ones like the NARda or Marquis) like the Freakshow, Velocity, Kennedy, Sapor and through all kinds of flavor wire/builds (titanium, SS, n80, Ka, twisted, fused claptoned) and have to say that the flavor on the Tsunami is by far the best. It is noticeably the best. I have no idea what's going on with yours. Are you using it with the airflow wide open?
It's coming from a gap between the topper and the atty. Has to be. It's impossible to see how the orings become distorted when you put the topper on leaving gaps.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Just for grins pull your wick tails up and out, leave top cap off, fill the well with whatever, juice, water, see if it leaks out.

I actually did that lol. I've tried everything. On the last rewick I filled it with water and just watched. Nothing...

I understand that it has to be from between the cap and deck. I put the cap on carefully while twisting to avoid the o-ring twisting issue. I learned this ripping up o-rings with my Velocity. And when it's juiced up the cap slides on with little effort and it still leaks more than what would make sense if it was simply condensation.

Idk. I just really really hope when my replacement gets here (if that is what's coming) it is everything I love about this atty without the leaking and I can just forget about this frustrating experience.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

Have you tried tightening the positive post on the 510?

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping ;)

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I've tried that.

...snip...

Mine is leaking also. Not nearly as bad as the Subzero I had (and returned), but it does leak and it's definitely leaking from the deck o-rings. It sounds like yours is much worse than mine though - mine is leaking just enough to be an annoyance, not pouring out. I haven't had a chance to try another set of o-rings yet.

Last edited:

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Yes, tightening the 510 was the first thing I did.

Here's a bad pic where I'm trying to show liquid seeping out of the closed third airhole. This is after about 15 unicorn bottle drops into the center of the deck that I watched get sucked into my wicks, and a few vapes.
1072125120b14520690f84813ebbe1dc.jpg

Now here's what's happening underneath.
d89a01dbf0adfc683b99724d2a872638.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Maybe the top cap of the RDA is warped? As in an imperfection in the milling process, so not being perfectly round there is a tiny gap between the top cap and o-rings.
That's actually what I'm hoping is the case... I really want to enjoy this thing without leaking. It vapes so good I'm still using it seeping juice and all.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
That's actually what I'm hoping is the case... I really want to enjoy this thing without leaking. It vapes so good I'm still using it seeping juice and all.
hopefully your vendor will send a replacement, and you will get to enjoy one without the hassle...cause they really are a joy to use.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
So, my vendor did send a replacement. Just a pleasant note on that, this vendor has a two-week replacement option, but I did not use it. Instead, I just sent an email through their contact form describing my issue. They didn't respond to me through email, but a few hours later I just got an email with a tracking number saying my "return/special order" has been shipped. So I've received no correspondence from them asking me to send the "defective" one back or anything. Pretty nice!

Anyway, as for my new second Tsunami,...I have mixed feelings. I've been using it for about an hour now and I have seen the same juice pooling in the edges of the airholes (because I use it with the airflow closed off about half-way), but I haven't noticed yet any massive seepage from underneath... I will update in a few more hours.

Does anyone else who might use this atty with the airflow closed off at all get juice build-up on the "ledge" formed by the closed-off portion of the outer barrel's airflow hole?

I also noticed with this unit that my top cap does not seem to fit all the way down... Like the airholes on the top cap appear to be a fingernail's width higher than the airholes on the deck and I can't seem to be able to force it down any further.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Great you guys are making me nervous, ordered mine a couple days ago, should be here any day! Hope I do not have the same problem. If I do, I'll just keep using my Alliance V2, I got this one because of the great flavor I was hearing about!

I really think I'm the minority here, man. Have you ever had a bottom-airflow rda? They all have great flavor. It's that with the awesome build deck that makes this such a good atty.

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I am hoping for mine not to leak either! I bought this one because of the Air flow and the velocity deck and supposed to the best for Flavor. It will be my 2nd/3rd RDA, I have a Mad Hatter coming too, both ordered the same day from different locations! My first is the Alliance V2. I am looking for the flavor, not so much into the clouds, even just flavor chasing will fog the house! :thumb:
Also just got my Moonshot, and still waiting for the Aromanizer Supreme, need some tanks, have not mastered the "Dripping while driving skill" or was that "Texting while driving"??? o_O just kidding, should not do either!

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I actually ordered a Tsunami and then since it was on back order I called and had them send me the Lush instead. The next day after watching some reviews I ordered the Tsunami again. I hope it doesn't have the leaking issue. I already went through all that with my Mutation and Freakshow. Guess I'll find out Saturday when it gets here. On a good note the Lush is awesome. High ceiling will allow for some awesome builds, no leaks as it has side airflow only. It does collect the vapor under the topcap though and I got a surprise POOF of hot air, because I wasn't paying attention, but great flavor. Hopefully I will like the Tsunami just as well. I love the Velocity Build Deck.

bigbruise

Jan 5, 2016
So, my vendor did send a replacement. Just a pleasant note on that, this vendor has a two-week replacement option, but I did not use it. Instead, I just sent an email through their contact form describing my issue. They didn't respond to me through email, but a few hours later I just got an email with a tracking number saying my "return/special order" has been shipped. So I've received no correspondence from them asking me to send the "defective" one back or anything. Pretty nice!

Anyway, as for my new second Tsunami,...I have mixed feelings. I've been using it for about an hour now and I have seen the same juice pooling in the edges of the airholes (because I use it with the airflow closed off about half-way), but I haven't noticed yet any massive seepage from underneath... I will update in a few more hours.

Does anyone else who might use this atty with the airflow closed off at all get juice build-up on the "ledge" formed by the closed-off portion of the outer barrel's airflow hole?

I also noticed with this unit that my top cap does not seem to fit all the way down... Like the airholes on the top cap appear to be a fingernail's width higher than the airholes on the deck and I can't seem to be able to force it down any further.

I get the same leaking, so much that when I take the atty off my mod the bottom of the atty will be dripping liquid. I just assumed it was from the condensation from the air holes. Now it makes me thing differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread