Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Not really sure why I feel that way.

Topcap is really thin, positive post is not straight.
I guess its good enough for the price.

I think i have been spoiled by aeronauts big well.
assuming the positive post isn't bent or milled crooked....you can straighten it out, by loosening up the bottom 510 screw.

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
The top cap is actually pretty thick. It only thins out a bit where the air holes are so it will fit on the base.

I've had this since release and built it with Claptons spanning the length of the airflow tubes, 11 or 12 wraps. Paired it with a Noisy Cricket and the flavor and vapor is really nice. Like USMC, I drip 15-20 drops down the center of the tip and have never had a leak. For the $27 this cost me, I like it a lot!!

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Well I just got my tsunami in that I ordered on Friday and it's great except something that concerned me. I opened it up and it was all sealed but it had a lot of either oil or liquid in it. It was on the sides where it says tsunami and on the cap. It wasn't water as it had a vg/oily type of feel to it. It smelt kinda like oil or crappy vg. I cleaned it very well and all is good but has anyone else noticed this? All the reviews said it was spotless and this was the dirtiest rda I've gotten, and I've bought around 30 rdas in the past 2 years. The leaking problem isn't a issue for anyone wondering, I get 2/3 or so of a dropper filled and just dump it in the middle. I'm not careful I just fill it like I do all my droppers and I've had no issues. The only time is if I pull the cap off and put it back on then I get a little bit of liquid oozing from the bottom. I knew that coming into it from some of the reviewers saying that.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Well I just got my tsunami in that I ordered on Friday and it's great except something that concerned me. I opened it up and it was all sealed but it had a lot of either oil or liquid in it. It was on the sides where it says tsunami and on the cap. It wasn't water as it had a vg/oily type of feel to it. It smelt kinda like oil or crappy vg. I cleaned it very well and all is good but has anyone else noticed this? All the reviews said it was spotless and this was the dirtiest rda I've gotten, and I've bought around 30 rdas in the past 2 years. The leaking problem isn't a issue for anyone wondering, I get 2/3 or so of a dropper filled and just dump it in the middle. I'm not careful I just fill it like I do all my droppers and I've had no issues. The only time is if I pull the cap off and put it back on then I get a little bit of liquid oozing from the bottom. I knew that coming into it from some of the reviewers saying that.
It isn't uncommon for an atty to come with machine oil on it...not a big deal other then the hassle of cleaning it before use.

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
It isn't uncommon for an atty to come with machine oil on it...not a big deal other then the hassle of cleaning it before use.
And I understand machine oil but this was insane. Like it was just about dripping with it. I've bought some clones that had machine oil and it wasn't even close to what this was. It's just not a great feeling when you open your brand new rda and it looks like you got a used rda that wasn't cleaned after they took the build out. I'm not a picky person, I don't mind cleaning my equipment and I understand a little machine oil is sometimes present. I just want to know if I'm the only one that got a rda soaked in oil when every reviewer said how spotless it was.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
And I understand machine oil but this was insane. Like it was just about dripping with it. I've bought some clones that had machine oil and it wasn't even close to what this was. It's just not a great feeling when you open your brand new rda and it looks like you got a used rda that wasn't cleaned after they took the build out. I'm not a picky person, I don't mind cleaning my equipment and I understand a little machine oil is sometimes present. I just want to know if I'm the only one that got a rda soaked in oil when every reviewer said how spotless it was.

You are the first I have heard of having that issue.....you won the lottery :p

Reactions: Rockwell222

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
Can't await my combo (noisy cricket + tsunami :). Wow even 12 wraps will fit in this deck? What AWG you build your coils?

Noisy Cricket + Tsunami absolutely rocks!! Just checked, my build is 11 wraps of 26/32 Claptons. Hit those with 8 volts out of the Cricket and hang on!!! You're gonna love it!

Reactions: Unexist

ddloco

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
Rialto,California

You are the first I have heard of having that issue.....you won the lottery :p
Well I just bought one today from the city and mine had the oil in it just to be clear were not talking about a little oil mine had so much that there were visual droplets present. No biggie washed it out and good to go. I like it.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Well I just bought one today from the city and mine had the oil in it just to be clear were not talking about a little oil mine had so much that there were visual droplets present. No biggie washed it out and good to go. I like it.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Well I'm glad other people are having the same issues. I mean I don't want people to have to deal with it but I wanted to make sure I didn't get some screwy one. And like you said it was droplets all around the o ring section and cap. I talked to my buddy last night and he just got a avocado with the same problem. I really like how this works on my Subzero mech though. Time to experiment with some builds to see what's best. I have a dual core alien Clapton and it's good but I know it can get better.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Mine was clean, but for the $20 I paid shipped to my door I would not see it as a "problem" if it was filled with machine oil. I've purchased some really dirty atties that cost a whole lot more then this one. As some .... ugly politician once said "what difference does it make?" I guess if you don't have running water, or a little dish soap it could? be an issue.:?:

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Mine was clean, but for the $20 I paid shipped to my door I would not see it as a "problem" if it was filled with machine oil. I've purchased some really dirty atties that cost a whole lot more then this one. As some .... ugly politician once said "what difference does it make?" I guess if you don't have running water, or a little dish soap it could? be an issue.:?:
Not sure why your making me seem like I'm someone that is making this a big deal. I was just wondering if this was a normal thing that people have noticed. I'm not running around saying this is some huge problem and to not buy it because of machine oil. I was just concerned when I saw such a large amount and that's it. Like I said before I have bought around 30 rda's plus 10 or so rta's and have never seen that much oil. It's not this huge deal I just wanted to be sure I didn't get some used one or something along those lines. I really enjoy this rda and have no problem cleaning it like I do with all my new equipment but the amount of oil was a shock kinda, especially after most people said how spotless it was.

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Not trying to make anyone seem like anything, just don't see a point in it. If you do, cool, have at it. I've purchased close to 300 atomizers, machine oil is far from the worse I've seen.
Yeah the machine oil was far from the worse you've seen because you said it was "clean". Like me and a few others have stated this was a lot more then the usual oil on a rda. It was just about drenched in this oil/vg substance. When you get 50 or so atomizers that are all either clean or slight amounts of oil/debris left on them then you get one that is covered in this oil substance it raises a question and that's it. I'm just asking a question on a forum to get some answers. I'm not asking questions to hear "what difference does it make".

Redblack

Jan 6, 2016
Hey guys, I received this yesterday and it is my first RDA ever. I'm blown away by the flavor!

The build is solid and it did cone with a lot of machine oil residue. But that was expected as all 3 of my griffins were oily on arrival also.

As I have no prior experience with RDAs of any kind, is it normal having to drip in less than 10 hits?

The build I throw in there is 6wraps of 26/32 SS claptons running at 77watts. the juice goes so quick it is insane and I'm ....ing scared.

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Hey guys, I received this yesterday and it is my first RDA ever. I'm blown away by the flavor!

The build is solid and it did cone with a lot of machine oil residue. But that was expected as all 3 of my griffins were oily on arrival also.

As I have no prior experience with RDAs of any kind, is it normal having to drip in less than 10 hits?

The build I throw in there is 6wraps of 26/32 SS claptons running at 77watts. the juice goes so quick it is insane and I'm ....ing scared.
Glad you like your first rda, you definitely picked a good one and one that's easy to build on. If your getting 10 drags then you have to re drip your doing well. I know my coil requires a little more power then yours and I get around 7 or so pretty big drags before I have to re drip so don't be afraid. Using a rda will use more liquid especially running them at higher wattages.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Seriously? no need to get upset, it is just a bit of oil, if it were poorly machined, I could see it. Why you figure coolant left over from the machining process is unusual, I just don't get, some underpaid china worker had a bad day and missed a little clean up, some don't even bother. And by worse I've ever seen, I didn't mean drenched in machine coolant, I've paid multiple times the cost of this atomizer and gotten black crud, burrs, shavings, it happens. More often on $20 China atties, but happens to the best.

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Seriously? no need to get upset, it is just a bit of oil, if it were poorly machined, I could see it. Why you figure coolant left over from the machining process is unusual, I just don't get, some underpaid china worker had a bad day and missed a little clean up, some don't even bother. And by worse I've ever seen, I didn't mean drenched in machine coolant, I've paid multiple times the cost of this atomizer and gotten black crud, burrs, shavings, it happens. More often on $20 China atties, but happens to the best.
You aren't getting what I'm saying. I'm not going off the deep end about it having a lot of oil on it I'm simply asking if other people have noticed the same thing. If it was like a majority of atomizers that have a little of oil I wouldn't have said anything. It was because it had way more then I've ever seen and that's it. I'm just asking fellow vapors that have purchased this rda if they have seen this also or if I got something like I said before was used or something like that. The rda is great and I love a bunch of it's features I was just asking a question. I can't believe your not understanding that. I'm not getting mad at a 25$ rda that came from China because there is oil on it I'm simply asking if people had a lot of oil on the tsunami they received. The only reason I'm upset is because you're saying "what's the point" and "what difference does it make" and also dragging this on way to far. If you don't know what the point is then don't reply. I see things on here that I sometimes wonder why people are asking that question but I don't start getting involved and asking why they would ask that. This is a great rda and I'm glad I got it now let's move on.

Reactions: Xaria
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread