generic juice also turning green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
two theories:

1.A flavoring agent, or mixing agent, is oxidizing inside the container, by itself, simply by being exposed to oxygen for a certain period of time.

2.The dropper is inside the glass vial of liquid. The dropper touches the cart wool, the cart wool touches the steel wool (are we even sure this is steel? could it be copper?) in the atomizer. Then you put the dropper back into the vial of liquid, possibly steel wool or copper from the atomizer particles in your liquid?

Is anyone experiencing this phenomenon while using a squeeze bottle type of bottle instead of dropper+vial?

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
Zach, I have not experienced this with my other plastic bottles with the nozzle on. I have however touched with cart wool with the glass dropper as it is small enough to "fluff up" the cart wool when it gets a bit flat. It also fits nicely down the side of a pen style cart inside to fill it from the bottom up if you know what I mean. Perhaps you may be on to something?

usehername

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2008
USA
two theories:

1.A flavoring agent, or mixing agent, is oxidizing inside the container, by itself, simply by being exposed to oxygen for a certain period of time.

2.The dropper is inside the glass vial of liquid. The dropper touches the cart wool, the cart wool touches the steel wool (are we even sure this is steel? could it be copper?) in the atomizer. Then you put the dropper back into the vial of liquid, possibly steel wool or copper from the atomizer particles in your liquid?

Is anyone experiencing this phenomenon while using a squeeze bottle type of bottle instead of dropper+vial?

I thought about the dropper transferring contaminants. I shove the dropper into the used cart as you would a syringe. Also I have sucked back excess liquid from a top off with the dropper and stuck it right back into the bottle without a thougnt. If you are using the same cart for days on end I am sure it can become a breeding ground. The metal contact of the atomiser is interesting.

CalPilot89

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Cleveland Ohio
No one will know for sure until either Jason or Christian from JC get's a hold of a bottle of Hulk and get's it tested.. We can all speculate but I would hold off using it for sure until they determine that the mutant liquid is still safe..
With that said, I hope either of them plan on getting a sample, (they will get all of mine,) and go forward and have it tested in the interest of their respective companies, and their customers..

Last edited:

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Another thought: E-liquid is basically a liquid food product that you don't refrigerate, so wouldn't it be especially susceptible to things like algae and mold? Fish tanks grow algae when exposed to too much light, which makes the water appear green, cause of the fish food in the water. Maybe that's what's happening here?

The closest comparisons I can think of are liquid food coloring and flavor extracts. Since they aren't refrigerated they need to contain things like alcohol and/or chemical preservatives. Even the ones that contain citric acid (which JC uses as a preservative) also contain other preservatives as well. Maybe some e-liquids just aren't using enough preservative.

The Johnson Creek guy was proud of his natural (-sounding?) ingredients, but maybe they made their liquid so natural that it needs to be refrigerated...?

Last edited:

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
Experiments today. Tobacco Absolute is green. It can coagulate and "float" to top of PG looking just like pics we've seen in other threads. Why and how could it spontaneously separate from suspension, dunno. Is it a major additive in smoke juice? No way. Tiny amounts are all that are needed.

Just 2 more cents.:(

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread