Getting my first Provari!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
When you say SW Florida, are you by chance anywhere near Fort Myers? I grew up on Fort Myers beach from 1983-1991. I attended Beach Elementary School. I also attended Cypress Lake Middle School for about six weeks before I moved to Tennessee. I moved back to Florida from 1999-2001. Lived in Cape Coral.

shop called Gulf Coast Vapors. We're one of probably 25+ in the SW area. We're one of the original shops, which is pretty cool. So many people are getting into it now, it's kinda scary. But anyways, I'm also excessively harsh on my things. I get made fun of a lot for breaking stuff all the time, it's kinda bad. But I'll definitely keep everyone posted on how it works out for myself and everyone else in the store. I hope it's worth the $175 I'm dropping on the thing xD

Thank you everyone!

Fatboy 589

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Florida
When you say SW Florida, are you by chance anywhere near Fort Myers? I grew up on Fort Myers beach from 1983-1991. I attended Beach Elementary School. I also attended Cypress Lake Middle School for about six weeks before I moved to Tennessee. I moved back to Florida from 1999-2001. Lived in Cape Coral.

Right in the heart of Fort Myers, friend!

Also, strange problem. I didn't really use my Provari at all today because I magically lost my charger for the 18350 battery (and my other battery, it literally disappeared on me) because it was charging all day on a charger laying around the shop. Popped the battery in after it charging all day right around 7 o'clock. 4.1 Volts, full battery, sweet. Went to dinner with some buddies, checked my battery at around nine and it was at 3.7 volts. I had hit it four or five times at dinner, and it's that low? Checked it on the way home, it's 3.4 volts after hitting it probably four or five times in the car. That doesn't seem right. Battery voltage just drops down out of nowhere?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is that a genuine AW imr battery?

You are correct, that doesn't sound right. Are you sure your buddies weren't playing a trick on you behind your back and switching batteries on you? If not, it sounds like a bad battery. Although your Provari is loaded with safety features against a bad one, I wouldn't risk using it. I say this as someone who had a "protected" battery go into thermal runaway and vent when it shorted out in a mechanical mod...kind of a scarey experience.

Trustfire2.jpg

Fatboy 589

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Florida
I'll be sure to snap a picture of the battery for you later on today. All of our stuff came directly from Provapes. I deal with people BS'ing us with warranties all the time, I kind of don't want to bother them with an $8 battery and just get an extension cap xD I don't know, it just kinda weirded me out.

I can't imagine what it must've been like to have that happen in a mechanical mod. I used to be an airsoft gun tech and I'd heard a thousand and one horror stories about Lipoly batteries being over charged and blowing up. Pretty scary stuff, man.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Right in the heart of Fort Myers, friend!

There's 25+ vape shops in the SW region?! That's so cool! I haven't been back to visit since, oh gosh, maybe 2003 or 2004. Before Hurricane Sandy basically washed out a whole swathe of the island. I heard The Reef restaurant was destroyed. :-( I used to get my endless frog legs there. And I loved the little Mexican puppet that moved the ceiling fan back and forth in the back bar.

Man, now that I think about it, I loved growing up on Ft. Myers Beach. Ever heard of the Fish Tail Marina on FMB? My stepdad ran that in the 80's.

Wow, now I'm itching for a vacation back home!

EDIT: I hate to hi-jack your thread, but have you ever heard of either the Shrimp Shack or RJ Gator's? They're restaurants in Ft. Myers. If you have heard of them/seen them, are they still around?

Last edited:

Fatboy 589

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Florida
There's 25+ vape shops in the SW region?! That's so cool! I haven't been back to visit since, oh gosh, maybe 2003 or 2004. Before Hurricane Sandy basically washed out a whole swathe of the island. I heard The Reef restaurant was destroyed. :-( I used to get my endless frog legs there. And I loved the little Mexican puppet that moved the ceiling fan back and forth in the back bar.

Man, now that I think about it, I loved growing up on Ft. Myers Beach. Ever heard of the Fish Tail Marina on FMB? My stepdad ran that in the 80's.

Wow, now I'm itching for a vacation back home!

EDIT: I hate to hi-jack your thread, but have you ever heard of either the Shrimp Shack or RJ Gator's? They're restaurants in Ft. Myers. If you have heard of them/seen them, are they still around?

I've heard of it, that's definitely cool! But yeah man, there's Gulf Coast Vapors, Downtown vapors, Fort Myers vapors, Vapin Apes, a vape kiosk in the Edison Mall, Vapin' in the cape, The Vape Store, Naples Vapor, Vapin' by the beach, Vape King and a few others I can't recall. All the stores have 2-3 locations each, it's getting stupid. xD So maybe not 25+ but with all the stores each company has, it adds up rather quickly.

Yeah, RJ Gators JUST closed down a few years ago, Shrimp Shack is still around. All of fort myers is still pretty lame, but it's still home. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread