Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squonk_me

cut and paste has its consequences
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2015
Dry and windy
Got mine April 3rd. It leaked some at the tube to 510 connection, then it leaked some more.
Then on Friday I have it setting in front of me while on the PC and,,,, It Auto-Fired!!
Took it outside and doused it up good with some contact cleaner in hopes of saving it.
It seemed to be ok but figured I had better keep an eye on it for a while so I put a single coil in it
and no bottle, no juice, just a coil and turned it on. All was good for a few minutes and then,, Auto Fire!

Looks like its on the shelf for now, maybe put an sx330 in it,,, or maybe not.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Got mine April 3rd. It leaked some at the tube to 510 connection, then it leaked some more.
Then on Friday I have it setting in front of me while on the PC and,,,, It Auto-Fired!!
Took it outside and doused it up good with some contact cleaner in hopes of saving it.
It seemed to be ok but figured I had better keep an eye on it for a while so I put a single coil in it
and no bottle, no juice, just a coil and turned it on. All was good for a few minutes and then,, Auto Fire!

Looks like its on the shelf for now, maybe put an sx330 in it,,, or maybe not.
That is unfortunate. Mine has an issue with firing when the button is pressed and has been getting worse. If I press the button fully, it most likely will not fire. I have to push it about half way. I had no leaking from the bottle and tube once I put an oring in the bottle cap.

Sometimes I lose track of value in things when compared to the competition. This was the cheapest regulated squonker with decent power flexibility so I thought it was a good deal. I now see clearly that this unit is not worth the $70ish it costs, nor should it have been sold with so many issues. The delay from sleep is also very, very frustrating to me.

I have contacted the vendor to find out what my options are to remedy this junk. Several emails, videos and days later I still do not have an answer. The last contact was Friday, if I remember correctly, and they said they would let me know Monday.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I received my black Geyscano review unit from AC yesterday. It has the logo printed on the bottom of the mod and does not have the newer version of the rda with the gold AFC ring. Initial impressions? I'm not super impressed. Buttons are crunchy and the firing delay from sleep is super frustrating. I'll reserve further comments until my full review is published.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I do have a quick question... any issues with the included bottle? I can't remember if it was this thread or the $20 Owl BF thread where it was mentioned that the bottle leeches a plastic flavor into the juice. I'm using it with a REO bottle and tube, just in case.

No problems for me as well with the bottle or the tubing. No discernable smell to either when I got it (washed them both well regardless). Not been having any problem with the plastic leeching any flavor into the juice it in the few weeks I've been using it. The bottle is a lot softer than the Reo bottle but seems to be working fine.

Squonk_me

cut and paste has its consequences
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2015
Dry and windy
Didn't totally give up on this squonker. I put a battery in it and have been monitoring it for the last few days and its been fine. Just took it out and doused it down again with more contact cleaner and will watch it some more.
I will be replacing the 510 with a FD 510 and some new tygon line and will put a vented screw in also. I'll report back once the parts get here and its back in service.

Reactions: BENTHOS

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I recently bought one of these geyscano BF'ers. No bottle no tubing. Found some silicone tubing at the hobby store, which I'm guessing is fuel line for rc cars? Very soft, great fit on the bottom of the BF 510.

Is silicone tubing safe and ok to use?

Next, assuming the tubing is ok. I just drill a hole thru the cap and fill port of a soft 10ml bottle, have the tube down to the bottom of the bottle and that's it right?

Can anyone show some pictures of the tube and bottle setup, attached, etc... So I can have an idea. I'd appreciate it.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I recently bought one of these geyscano BF'ers. No bottle no tubing. Found some silicone tubing at the hobby store, which I'm guessing is fuel line for rc cars? Very soft, great fit on the bottom of the BF 510.

Next, assuming the tubing is ok. I just drill a hole thru the cap and fill port of a soft 10ml bottle, have the tube down to the bottom of the bottle and that's it right?

Can anyone show some pictures of the tube and bottle setup, attached, etc... So I can have an idea. I'd appreciate it.
Sounds like you overcame the dilemma like a champ. Just make sure the cap and tubing are a tight enough fit to avoid any air leakage. Thats the key to any bottom feeder.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Sounds like you overcame the dilemma like a champ. Just make sure the cap and tubing are a tight enough fit to avoid any air leakage. Thats the key to any bottom feeder.
I actually have not over come anything. Just bought the tube so far. ;)

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia

Phone Guy -- do these help?

BOT1.jpg
BOT2.jpg

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Well here's my success story. The silicone tubing seems to work fine. I find that I have to press fairly hard on the bottle to get the juice to flow up to the atty. It does suck the excess juice back down also. So I'd call that successful.

I'm using a short KGD cotton wick just touching the bottom of the deck. It absorbs well.

This being my first bottom feeder, I have no frame of reference to how it should feed into the bottom of the atty. And because it feeds slowly into the atty, I'm having to remove the cap to see the juice and make sure it's saturating the wicks.

Is this normal? It all seems to work, I just think the juice feed is slow. But the tube I have is really small I. D.
I'm not sure you'd want it just super fast, I'd think it would flood easily?

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
the bottle will soften up a bit w/use, i just press on mine and count to 3 and it seems to work like a charm ...you will get the feel of it rather quickly.....you do realize this will lead you to a REO :D

i now have 4....2 woodvil's and 2 metal LP's & a Peko...sqwonk-on.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
the bottle will soften up a bit w/use, i just press on mine and count to 3 and it seems to work like a charm ...you will get the feel of it rather quickly.....you do realize this will lead you to a REO :D

i now have 4....2 woodvil's and 2 metal LP's & a Peko...sqwonk-on.
It might? I don't know. Right now I'm playing, I've only got the stock BF atty. But its fun. ;)

And besides, destiny is destiny.... LOL

Reactions: sando7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread