Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Thanks, I'll just need something to put them in soon! :)

It is on the way. It won't be long now till we will have in our hands the long awaited GGT Storm I just love that name and everything else about it. The ultimate steam machine that is taking the world by Storm. I am ready for it if you haven't noticed. :):):):):)

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
vaping saved my life too. lol

glad to hear you are okay though.

"So I grabbed the Grant by the mouthpiece of the atomizer, and quickly put it slowly on the floor."

????

Thanks.

Yeah I meant Quickly yet gently...or carefully...It was fuming like hell you know,and I knew a second explosion was to come soon, so I had to stay cool and not provoke it before the device is more safely on the floor...and be away from it...

Obie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kent UK
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I wanted to show you this bag for charging:)

I know it won't help in the case of Mist's explosion (while vaping).

I've had an 18650 explode while charging and was lucky to get away with minimal damage to the surrounding area.
Just a reminder to be careful with batts and chargers

Here are a couple of video's showing what can happen...

YouTube - LIPOSACK LiPo safe charge bag

YouTube - Lipo Safe Charging and Storage Bag

And a link for them if you're in the US...

LiPo Safe Bag

Happy & Safe vaping

Obie

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I wanted to show you this bag for charging:)

I know it won't help in the case of Mist's explosion (while vaping).

I've had an 18650 explode while charging and was lucky to get away with minimal damage to the surrounding area.
Just a reminder to be careful with batts and chargers

Here are a couple of video's showing what can happen...

YouTube - LIPOSACK LiPo safe charge bag

YouTube - Lipo Safe Charging and Storage Bag

And a link for them if you're in the US...

LiPo Safe Bag

Happy & Safe vaping

Obie

Well, my long winded "quick reply" took me to an error page, and was lost. So here is a brief message, as I have had this problem twice now using "quick reply" option here.

This bag looks fine for use with a separate "hobby" style charger. Using the ones most of us likely have could create unwanted "heat" if the charger itself were put inside the bag, not just the battery by itself, which is how hobby chargers are usually setup, wires running from an external charger to a few batteries. Most may remember the old saying, "heat is the enemy of electronics". Decreasing the battery life itself, and possibly worse. Lucky for me, I have a clean, unused fireplace to put my chargers, outside would be an even better option if you have to leave unattended, as some of the larger mAh batteries can take many hours to charge, tough to baby sit. Mostly common sense, though often not that "common".

Obie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kent UK
Well, my long winded "quick reply" took me to an error page, and was lost. So here is a brief message, as I have had this problem twice now using "quick reply" option here.

This bag looks fine for use with a separate "hobby" style charger. Using the ones most of us likely have could create unwanted "heat" if the charger itself were put inside the bag, not just the battery by itself, which is how hobby chargers are usually setup, wires running from an external charger to a few batteries. Most may remember the old saying, "heat is the enemy of electronics". Decreasing the battery life itself, and possibly worse. Lucky for me, I have a clean, unused fireplace to put my chargers, outside would be an even better option if you have to leave unattended, as some of the larger mAh batteries can take many hours to charge, tough to baby sit. Mostly common sense, though often not that "common".

I didn't think of that, I was thinking more about the containment. Thanks :).

I baby sit my batteries (now) when charging as they are next to me while I'm on the PC. But there have been a couple of times when I have been distracted or called away and still forgot about them :oops:.

New_World

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Thanks.

Yeah I meant Quickly yet gently...or carefully...It was fuming like hell you know,and I knew a second explosion was to come soon, so I had to stay cool and not provoke it before the device is more safely on the floor...and be away from it...

yeah, thats pretty intense.

we're all real glad ur alright.

and most importantly I'm sure a lot of people here on the forum are now using protected or being more careful. You may have saved someone with your story.

thanks for post mist!

Last edited:

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
GG-Rocket.jpg

ROFL

SSRob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Oklahoma! USA
www.vaporkings.com
Just keep in mind the batteries they show with the bags are unprotected Lithium Polymer packs which are much more unstable than Lithium Ion.

I do understand your point wast to show the bags but don't want people thinking the Li-Ion batteries are that volatile. I do believe that they intentionally overcharged those batteries to make them fail.

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
While you guys were having fun, I was trying to figure out how I could repair the plastic parts of my beloved Grant.:confused:

It took me 10 minutes to figure it out and do the repair...and voila!

The Grant is now officially back into service and fully operational like before!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

It will now go into a detailed cession of cleaning and shining and pictures will follow up soon!

bellyemoticon.gif
bellyemoticon.gif
bellyemoticon.gif
bellyemoticon.gif

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
While you guys were having fun, I was trying to figure out how I could repair the plastic parts of my beloved Grant.:confused:

It took me 10 minutes to figure it out and do the repair...and voila!

The Grant is now officially back into service and fully operational like before!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

It will now go into a detailed cession of cleaning and shining and pictures will follow up soon!

bellyemoticon.gif
bellyemoticon.gif
bellyemoticon.gif
bellyemoticon.gif

OMG, you repair it alone?????????????????????????????

With its plastics????????

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
OMG, you repair it alone?????????????????????????????

With its plastics????????

Yes...Well, I repaired the plastic of the bottom cap and re-trimmed it it , and I used something else for the front cap...And since I do not use cartomizers, I included a center piece long enough to cover the existing holes...hehe

I am cleaning it right now...even polishing it from the inside, in order to remove an possible debris...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Yes...Well, I repaired the plastic of the bottom cap and re-trimmed it it , and I used something else for the front cap...And since I do not use cartomizers, I included a center piece long enough to cover the existing holes...hehe

I am cleaning it right now...even polishing it from the inside, in order to remove an possible debris...

If you are not happy for any reason, I am here friend to repair it. You became a master of GGs Mist xxxxxxxaaaaaaaaa very nice friend:thumbs:

When I said that GG is the most simple and user friendly cig some people argue but..... you are the proof of my words Mist:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread