The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GG4S (monkey style)

Discussion in 'The GG' started by 67style, Dec 11, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JMBH

JMBH Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Madrid , Spain
    Imeo , about the GG4s , you mentioned before the possibility of using a fake battery like in ggtb , to be able to use 18500 bat.. You mean a battery extension to supplement the length up to 1,5 cmts . longer right ? Do you have that part made ? I guess its just a peace of solid plastic , 18 mm. diameter with a solid brass rod in the middle to extend the pole ( 5mm. diameter ? ) Do you have this ? Or I can make one thought . I have nylon rod i use in my lathe and some peaces off solid brass rods as well . Any particular instructions to make this ?

2. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I havent made that piece JM. You can make one easily, exactly as you said. A solid rounded plastic at 18,4mm external diameter and 13mm in length with 5x1 female threads. Then make a solid brass rod with 5x1 male threads, at 15mm length including its head that is 1mm in height and 7mm in diameter. Dont make cuts for screwdriver on this head because you will lose conductivity. You will screw the brass rod inside plastic with pliers keeping the head of the rod.

3. JMBH

JMBH Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Madrid , Spain
    Thank you very much for the info master . You gave me all the numbers, so I will prepare materials and tools already and start as soon as i get my GG4s at home .
    Thank you again Imeo , for the best Design, The best constructions and the best support . :)

4. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    have a great evening JM my friend:)

5. AdamAnd

AdamAnd Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Ajax, Canada
    Yes I forgot and I understand why but "no serial numbers anymore?"

6. UTUTUT

UTUTUT Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2013
    Seoul, South Korea
    great imeo !!

I hate all of front button mod, but im sure that i will like it GG4S !! lol

anyway, proteus will come before christmas as planed ?

If proteus need more time, i will buy GG4s first, If proteus will go as planned (before christmas), I will buy my proteuse(#1055) first. and will buy GG4S next batch :) ..

7. Frillo

Frillo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2013
    Roma
    As I understand, Proteus has a little delay ...

8. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I am positive that you will like it UT. Its a GG and it cant be made like others.

As frillo said, we have a delay on Proteus UT. Not big but it will come after Christmas :)

9. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    KC MO USA
    Imeo invented the mechanical ecig. He was the first to craft this product from the ground up to be designed for vaping. He introduced it and let others copy his design for 5+ years, all the while he had moved on to make new innovations.
    The time has come where he has decided to revisit one of his old designs and breathe new life into it. Here we have it : a bottom-fire, hybrid top mechanical mod but of an entirely new and unique engineering. AND to beat all that he did it an AMAZING PRICE.
    Once again, Imeo, thank you

10. Corona Doble

Corona Doble Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2013
    Paris, France
    Definitly, you musn't leave this forum a single day if you expect to follow a bit Imeo ;) :)
    While i like matching a GG ato with various other mods (specially Ithaka on Kato box, Penelope 2 on Origin and Iatty on everything) my jGG, GGTS and esterigon stay coupled with the perfect dedicated GG head.
    this 'bottom/22' GG4s could be the very first GG mod purchased alone, meeting a french/british genesis or driving a filipino dripper, that's perfect for me !

11. AdamAnd

Apr 20, 2011
    Ajax, Canada
    I have made the decision to get the GG4S for it simplicity and craftsmanship I have been around the world and back. And i have noticed the bottom firing mod is the most popular this maybe to the lack of imagination of other mod makers (no offense intended) or it may be that the majority of vapors like this style, i tend to think it is the latter. I do have a bottom firing mod and do have some issues with it, Imeo has addressed these issues and leaves me no choice but to buy a GG4S. I would love to try almost every mod made but have not won the lottery yet so i will stick with GG because i can always rely on it to just work. Thanks Adam
    There were no asses kissed in the typing of this post. Lol

12. AdamAnd

Apr 20, 2011
    Ajax, Canada
    Just a quick question are the o-rings that are being used the same as all gg mods would it be worth my while to upgrade the o-rings to a different type stronger they will not come in contact with juice so maybe Teflon ? A spare set with each mod would be great too.

13. ManniGfaltig

ManniGfaltig Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Germany
    Very nice mod again Imeo! I think I love it very much already :)
    It looks simple and indestructible and with its brass accent its a beauty too! I think it looks even better with the AC Ring but there are some questions for me:
    How does GG4S look with an Ithaka or Odysseus on it?
    And how with a Tilemahos and the unsealed base?
    To be almost complete - how neat does Penelope look on it? (Yes, we need more photos!)
    Will your next atomizer be an 22mm device?

14. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Thank you for your nice comments guys. I am also very glad that you like GG4S.

Grate, thank you for the history lesson, we all need it from time to time so we dont forget what is happening around

Adam, o-rings are the usual ones. If you want to move to a different type, its ok with me

Ithaka doesnt look bad because the difference in diameter is only 0,5mm per side Manni. Tilemahos with sealed or unsealed base looks even better because its diameter is smaller than GG4S. Like Ithaka, the difference is 0,5mm per side.

Penelope goes on everything in general because its diameter is very small. So imagine Penelope on a GGTS - justGG at 18350 mode

Tilemahos V2 will be at 22mm to match GG4S for sure. I am testing it as we speak. I am very pleased with its performance but I want to add more and uniques features on it, so its not the final design yet.

15. LucidAce

LucidAce Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2012
    right about here, USA
    I can't wait to see it. If you're still making changes to the design then would you guess that we'd see this sometime after Proteus and/or VIR?

16. Patricko

Patricko Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Belgium
    Imeo, any chance for the Tilemahos v2 to have a version with ceramic and NR/R ? It would be so nice to have a "classical" GG atty in 22mm :)

17. mrZoSo

mrZoSo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    GA, USA
    Looks like this setup will be a nice belated Christmas present for myself! :D

Imeo, you keep going at this rate, and you're going to need a bigger machine shop!! lol

18. FlatKo

FlatKo Full Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Germany
    And I need a bigger wallet hehe
    Though GG4S has a very reasonable price, but so have all the other GG mods ;-)

19. cappy

cappy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2009
    This looks awesome!!!!

20. AdamAnd

Apr 20, 2011
    Ajax, Canada
    I see on E-smoke they have setup GG4S all out of stock of course get ready everyone!!
    Side note: I have just been going over the details and functions of the GG4S and the more I look at it the more I find the amount of functions and thought put into this device is incredible I suggest watching Imeo's video 3 times at least. Can't wait